Ramzi

Staff Q&A

logo.png.2d2c8255da3743cb0b33167749900a1

Credits to @Logical for writing all of this up! 

Hello RuneX community, welcome to the first official RuneX Staff Q&A.

For this Q&A we will be asking you to post your questions below for Ryan, Ramzi and Nate. These questions will then be compiled and sent to them to answer and once we have them all we will create a new post for all of the answers.

As this is the first run through we do not know how many questions to expect or the size of each question so we will be playing it by ear on how long the Q&A will be open and the time for the answered to be posted.

Disclaimers and Rules:

• Please keep personal questions to a minimum,
  • Ryan, Ramzi and Nate reserve the right to skip any question without reason,
  • Please read the other questions before posting as to not double up,
  • Try not to post too many questions, we may have to cut some to make sure everyone gets questions answered,
  • Please use the given format as it makes it easier to compile the questions,

Question Formatting:

Username:

Questions for everyone:

• Sample question,
  • Sample Question,

Questions for Ryan:

• Sample question.

Questions for Ramzi:

• Sample Question,

Questions for Nate:

• Sample Question,

Use it like this:

Username: Logical

Questions for everyone:

• What are your responsibilities for RuneX?
  • Do you enjoy these responsibilities?

Questions for Ryan:

• Which do you like the most, SpawnPK or RuneX?

Questions for Ramzi:

• Can you walk us through the procedure for a typical ticket?

Questions for Nate:

• If you had free reign over RuneX, what would be the first thing you added into it?

I hope everyone has some great questions to ask, If this goes well you can expect to see more of these Q&As in the future with more staff involved. 

• Like 2

Just now, Ramzi said:

Questions for Ramzi:

• Can you walk us through the procedure for a typical ticket?

Each ticket requires a bit of a different approach based on the specific incident it is covering, but for the most part each ticket follows the same procedure. 

1. First I read the ticket and see who the ticket is about and what the incident is.
  2. I will then go to the forum topic regarding the specific ticket.
  3. Next I will go on logs and do whatever is needed for that incident (pin/password reset, lost item, etc.)
  4. After I finished with the logs I will post a reply on the topic to notify the player that their ticket is now complete.
  5. Finally I will post the same reply on the ticket itself (in our system) and close it.

If you would like to know how I do specific incidents like pin/password resets, donation issues, etc. feel free to ask.

Hope this gives you guys a better idea of the procedure. 

16 minutes ago, Ramzi said:

Questions for everyone:

• I am in charge of the staff team: making sure members of the staff team are doing their duties, giving out promotions, recruiting new staff members, etc. 
  • I also have the duty of doing the tickets and making sure the players of Runex get the help they need. 
  • I am also in charge of the RuneX YouTuber Program. 
  • I occasionally will think up of events and suggestions to add in-game.
  • My goal is to make sure tickets are done, the staff team is healthy, make events that the community enjoys, make sure Runex is healthy in the YouTube community, and make sure Runex continues to progress. 

I do enjoy these responsibilities because Runex has become such an important part of my life that I feel it is an extension of myself.

Seeing Runex succeed and grow makes me feel a sense of fulfillment. I love that my work translates into a better experience for the players. 

So thank you all for playing and giving me the opportunity to do what I love. 

• Content/engine development, marketing/advertising, and general management (chipping in to anything that needs to be overseen). Majority of my time working on the server is delegated to development.
    • I enjoy most aspects involved in running a server, and I'm fortunately able to do at least a little bit of everything. I prefer the variability more than just taking on one specific role.
    • I like them equally. Each have their own ups and downs, but they ultimately even out for me.

Username: Vise

Questions for Ryan: 

• The content you pump out is great but I've always wondered but forgot to suggest it, why haven't we seen abyssal sire added to the game as a boss, I understand that the main weapons dropped by the sire are available via other methods, is there any reason for this?

Questions for Ramzi:

• I understand you're busy in your real life and cannot constantly look at tickets, but why not entrust another trusted staff member from either SpawnPk or RuneX to help you deal with all tickets? 
  • The staff team is a really important aspect of a RSPS, but of course staff members have reasons for there inactivity but some don't, why aren't you more harsh when it comes to inactivity?

Question for Nate: 

• Is there anything major you wish to change on RuneX?

4 minutes ago, Paradox said:

Questions for Ryan: 

• The content you pump out is great but I've always wondered but forgot to suggest it, why haven't we seen abyssal sire added to the game as a boss, I understand that the main weapons dropped by the sire are available via other methods, is there any reason for this?

Hey, Vise!

We definitely plan on adding abyssal sire, most likely some time this summer.

There isn't any particular reason for why we've held it off, we simply felt that our other plans/ideas for content and polishing needed to be prioritized.

• Like 1

• I understand you're busy in your real life and cannot constantly look at tickets, but why not entrust another trusted staff member from either SpawnPk or RuneX to help you deal with all tickets? 
    • This would require the staff members to become familiar with our logs and how to use them. This would require training, supervising, and much risk. The logs can be very harmful if someone messed up in them. I would really prefer not to have this risk.

• The staff team is a really important aspect of a RSPS, but of course staff members have reasons for there inactivity but some don't, why aren't you more harsh when it comes to inactivity?
    • Usually members of the staff team will let me know in advance if they are going to be inactive, but sometimes if I notice a member is inactive for awhile and I haven't heard from them I make sure to send them a message. As long as I have communication between them and know what their situation is, I am comfortable with the situation and I do not believe it requires any harsh reaction from me unless it gets out of hand or if there is lack of communication. 
  • Like 1

First off, Thank you @Logical for creating this format. Happy to see an official Q&A topic, reminds me of the Q&A's I did many moons ago.

Username: Wayne

Questions for @Ryan:

• Have you taken a look at this topic? (If so, do you have an ETA?) https://runex.io/forums/index.php?/topic/5347-expanding-on-the-f2p-areas/
  • Can you add a Glowing, Heart Pumping *literally pumping*, Pink & Reddish diamond for a $2,500/$3,000 Donator Rank? :x
  • Can you beef up the achievement rewards for Prime & Supreme mode players? (Example; Normal Mode gets a Crystal Key for 99 Mining, Prime Mode gets an Epic Crystal Key)
  • You mentioned the maps would 'likely' need to be fixed in my last Q&A, any plans on making them 100% flawless? (0 noclipping, all bank booths working, doors, etc')
  • Have you seen this topic? (Money Sinks) -I think it would be helpful. I'm sure you can brainstorm something 100x better.
  • Can you add the command ::commands → Directs you here (Commands List topic)
  • Simple suggestion, hope you could possibly fulfill it. (Slayer task teleports)
  • Will you be expanding the Impling hunting locations? (Member areas) -I assume you'll need the maps fixed first? 

Questions for @Ramzi:

• I've seen you Online in the Help CC quite a bit, sometimes for hours on end.  (Aside from solving tickets, are you doing anything else in-game?)
  • Like many have said already, what's holding you guys back from hiring/promoting someone a bit more active? Trust issues?
  • I wish I had more questions.. Favorite type of Music? (If you listen to any) - Top 3 Movies? (If you watch any) - Favorite hobby? (Aside from Runex/Spk)

Questions for @Nate:

• Are you still around? Busy IRL? -Haven't seen you lately :ph34r:

I'm sure I have more questions.. I'll save them for another time!

EDIT: I see you've answered Question #2 @Ramzi (up above) -Thanks!

Edited by Wayne

Made a quick adjustment to the rules:

• Removed the post restriction due to the method of question answering.
    Feel free to make multiple posts if you have new questions due to the method of answering questions.

• Have you taken a look at this topic? (If so, do you have an ETA?) https://runex.io/forums/index.php?/topic/5347-expanding-on-the-f2p-areas/
    • We don't have a specific ETA as there are other plans that we've prioritized. Nonetheless I agree that F2P areas need some more life. Some of these may come at different times.
  • Can you add a Glowing, Heart Pumping *literally pumping*, Pink & Reddish diamond for a $2,500/$3,000 Donator Rank? :x
    • Sponsor rank can be expected either by late May or early June. The crown will include an animated diamond as some of you may be familiar with. We'd like to add some more perks for the existing donator ranks too, either before or during the sponsor rank update.
  • Can you beef up the achievement rewards for Prime & Supreme mode players? (Example; Normal Mode gets a Crystal Key for 99 Mining, Prime Mode gets an Epic Crystal Key)
    • The main point of the prime & supreme mode is to give yourself a more challenging gameplay experience. The primary benefit is the edge you receive with the drop rate bonus and double drop chance. We may throw in some more perks here and there, but I don't think we'll be making the achievement item rewards scale by difficulty.
  • You mentioned the maps would 'likely' need to be fixed in my last Q&A, any plans on making them 100% flawless? (0 noclipping, all bank booths working, doors, etc')
    • We've fixed the F2P map data for the implings, but we haven't done this in a world scale yet. Object interaction (doors, banks, etc.) may receive some touch ups but probably in the late future. We tend to fix up the regions once we decide to use them for something (until we do a global scan/fix).
  • Have you seen this topic? (Money Sinks) -I think it would be helpful. I'm sure you can brainstorm something 100x better.
    • I have seen it, and I actually plan to implement some of them. Pet accessory removal (cash fee) would be one of the confirmed ones you can expect to see. There are also other money sinks on top of these which we've had planned for quite a while.
  • Can you add the command ::commands → Directs you here (Commands List topic)
    • Great topic! I'll have this ready on the next update
  • Simple suggestion, hope you could possibly fulfill it. (Slayer task teleports)
    • Can do. We'll have to manually input the location name for each task, but it shouldn't actually take very long.
  • Will you be expanding the Impling hunting locations? (Member areas) -I assume you'll need the maps fixed first?
    • We may be adding new locations in the future, but it hasn't been very high in our list of priorities. We'd probably like to add more content in the existing F2P areas (particularly the topic mentioned in the first question) before considering expansion.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Wayne said:
  • I've seen you Online in the Help CC quite a bit, sometimes for hours on end.  (Aside from solving tickets, are you doing anything else in-game?)
  • I wish I had more questions.. Favorite type of Music? (If you listen to any) - Top 3 Movies? (If you watch any) - Favorite hobby? (Aside from Runex/Spk)

I've seen you Online in the Help CC quite a bit, sometimes for hours on end.  (Aside from solving tickets, are you doing anything else in-game?)

I usually keep my client open so I can access the game at anytime (in case of emergency). I also keep it open so I can keep watch of yell chat, check current players,  see activity at various locations in game, and just see whats going on generally. I usually access my account all throughout the day so it is more convenient for me to keep my client open. 

Favorite type of Music? (If you listen to any) - Top 3 Movies? (If you watch any) - Favorite hobby? (Aside from Runex/Spk)

Favorite type of music is a hard one for me to answer since I grew up listening to various genres. 
Top 3 movies would have to be The Wolf of Wall Street, Django Unchained, and Nacho Libre. 
Favorite hobby would be traveling and doing things outdoors all around. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Questions for @Ryan:

•  Have you had thoughts of implementing the Inferno Adze into RuneX? Something I've always looked forward to having in-game, whether it be as a rare, or for skilling.
  • Do you actively play RuneX on a secret account? B|
Edited by Bar

• Have you had thoughts of implementing the Inferno Adze into RuneX? Something I've always looked forward to having in-game, whether it be as a rare, or for skilling.
    • Yes, we plan on adding infernal tools to Cerberus in the near future
  • Do you actively play RuneX on a secret account? B|
    • Nope!
  • Like 1

Questions for Everyone:

• Community interaction is very important for a healthy game, this becomes exponentially more important as you go higher up the chain. Recently Ryan has made steps towards being more active through the suggestions section of the forums which is amazing to see and seems to have encouraged more players to create suggestions. This is a great start, but do the three of you regret the lack of interactions you have had in the past and are you happy to take steps towards increasing your presence in the community? (Q&A threads are a great start as well :D)

Questions for Ryan:

• Bossing is quite easy on RuneX, especially things like GWD which is afkable in many cases and most other bosses which only attack with 1 style. Are there any plans to increase the difficulty factor of some bosses or release new bosses with 'challenging' mechanics?
  • A long time ago you mentioned that RuneX has development cycles, where in the summer we have give pushes of new content as well as an increase in advertising. Is this still the case and can we expect to see some amazing new content in the near future?
  • It is my personal belief that the next 'big' content update should be the addition of Zeah, which would include the Zeah Catacombs (with all of the different slayer creature variants), Superior Slayer creatures, Skotizo (Through slayer with Totems). Do you like this idea, do you think we can expect to see this in the near future and is there any reason we haven't had it yet (Possibly don't have the zeah map etc)?
  • Do you have any plans on adding Vorkath and when could we expect to see it?
  • Do you think we will ever see quests on RuneX?

12 hours ago, Ryan said:
    • I like them equally. Each have their own ups and downs, but they ultimately even out for me.

Username: Vintage

Questions for Ryan:

• What are the ups and downs of each server?

11 hours ago, Logical said:

Questions for Everyone:

• Community interaction is very important for a healthy game, this becomes exponentially more important as you go higher up the chain. Recently Ryan has made steps towards being more active through the suggestions section of the forums which is amazing to see and seems to have encouraged more players to create suggestions. This is a great start, but do the three of you regret the lack of interactions you have had in the past and are you happy to take steps towards increasing your presence in the community? (Q&A threads are a great start as well :D)

Questions for Ryan:

• Bossing is quite easy on RuneX, especially things like GWD which is afkable in many cases and most other bosses which only attack with 1 style. Are there any plans to increase the difficulty factor of some bosses or release new bosses with 'challenging' mechanics?
  • A long time ago you mentioned that RuneX has development cycles, where in the summer we have give pushes of new content as well as an increase in advertising. Is this still the case and can we expect to see some amazing new content in the near future?
  • It is my personal belief that the next 'big' content update should be the addition of Zeah, which would include the Zeah Catacombs (with all of the different slayer creature variants), Superior Slayer creatures, Skotizo (Through slayer with Totems). Do you like this idea, do you think we can expect to see this in the near future and is there any reason we haven't had it yet (Possibly don't have the zeah map etc)?
  • Do you have any plans on adding Vorkath and when could we expect to see it?
  • Do you think we will ever see quests on RuneX?

• Q: Community interaction is very important for a healthy game, this becomes exponentially more important as you go higher up the chain. Recently Ryan has made steps towards being more active through the suggestions section of the forums which is amazing to see and seems to have encouraged more players to create suggestions. This is a great start, but do the three of you regret the lack of interactions you have had in the past and are you happy to take steps towards increasing your presence in the community? (Q&A threads are a great start as well :D)
    • A: I think we could have done (and can still do) a better job with community interaction, and plan to start making improvements. This Q&A thread has been great, I'm definitely happy with the steps we've taken so far.
  • Q: Bossing is quite easy on RuneX, especially things like GWD which is afkable in many cases and most other bosses which only attack with 1 style. Are there any plans to increase the difficulty factor of some bosses or release new bosses with 'challenging' mechanics?
    • A: At some point we will make some changes to increase the challenge. If not, we might at least make alternate instances of bosses with higher difficulty.
  • Q: A long time ago you mentioned that RuneX has development cycles, where in the summer we have give pushes of new content as well as an increase in advertising. Is this still the case and can we expect to see some amazing new content in the near future?
    • A: The development cycles aren't the same each year, but this summer we do in fact plan on adding a lot of new content. Advertising campaigns can also be expected, so prepare to see some new faces
  • Q: It is my personal belief that the next 'big' content update should be the addition of Zeah, which would include the Zeah Catacombs (with all of the different slayer creature variants), Superior Slayer creatures, Skotizo (Through slayer with Totems). Do you like this idea, do you think we can expect to see this in the near future and is there any reason we haven't had it yet (Possibly don't have the zeah map etc)?
    • A: Zeah may be a while because there is still a ton of content we'd like to implement before focusing on a new continent. Superior slayer and skotizo would probably be seen before Zeah.
  • Q: Do you have any plans on adding Vorkath and when could we expect to see it?
    • A: Yes, within a few months most likely
  • Q: Do you think we will ever see quests on RuneX?
    • A: Yes
  • Like 1

Questions for everyone:

My responsibilities for Runex are all basically summed up under programming- so anything from content creation to bug fixing really. I enjoy what I do a lot because any chance to be creative and have that creativity receive a good response is always a great feeling. Shoutouts to all the other creators out there, whether its art, music, videos, you name it- creators are a dying breed in todays world but just know you've definitely got my respect!

Question for Nate: 

• Is there anything major you wish to change on RuneX?

I would like to eventually have Fossil Island, Catacombs of Zeah and Superior Slayer monsters before the year ends. As for the current game, any content that players feel as if has lost its value I would like to revisit and revamp. Specifically the areas such as Moneymaking tasks, Voting, Donator perks, Runex point rewards, Runecoin rewards,  Midgame gameplay & Bosses are the focus right now.

Questions for @Nate:

• Are you still around? Busy IRL? -Haven't seen you lately :ph34r:

I'm still around homie, I've been a little busier than normal but nothing too crazy. Mostly I've just been watching each update and its effects on the game and then making plans for upcoming updates and future content. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Username: Chrollo

Questions for everyone:

• If I drank half a glass of Sunny Delight, would my glass be considered half empty or half full?