Wayne

2nd [Q&A] @Ryan

This Q&A is mostly based on the Development of Runex, I'm sure a few players would be pleased with some answers. :)

@Ryan

• Have you noticed an impact on the economy since the release of the Rune Coin Exchange? - I have
  • There's been questions about the Ring of Wealth (i) giving a drop rate bonus of "7.5%", is this True or False? - If False, can you provide the true %?
  • Does the Elixir of Luck provide a 7.5% drop rate bonus, considering it supposedly has the same effects as the Ring of Wealth (i)?
  • Can you tell us the rarest item from the Donator Mystery Box? 
  • Will there be a Costume Room added to PoH's so players can free up cosmetics in their bank?
  • Is there a reason the maps don't work properly? - Hosting Hide & Seeks is a bit challenging when you don't have access around the game.
  • Will there ever be a rank past Legendary Donator Rank? ($1,000+ total donated) 
  • What made you choose the server name "Runex"? - Is it linked to the discontinued RSPS known as Rune-X from 2013?
  • Thoughts on changing the rewards from achievements? - Ex; Normal Mode gets a Crystal Key for 99 Mining, apposed to Prime Mode getting an Epic Crystal Key.
  • wDNoijo.png
  • hrjUU8a.png
  • CstvExP.png
  • aonZWuD.png
  • KelJWzw.png

If you missed the last Q&A, view it here to see answers from Ryan, Ramzi, & Nate!

Have a question for Ryan? - I'm sure he wouldn't mind answering below

Edited by Wayne
  • Like 3

• Have you noticed an impact on the economy since the release of the Rune Coin Exchange?
    • Yes, our intention was to stimulate more activity in the economy. We will continue to extend it with more content in the future.
  • There's been questions about the Ring of Wealth (i) giving a drop rate bonus of "7.5%", is this True or False? - If False, can you provide the true %?
    • True
  • Does the Elixir of Luck provide a 7.5% drop rate bonus, considering it supposedly has the same effects as the Ring of Wealth (i)?
    • Yeah
  • Can you tell us the rarest item from the Donator Mystery Box? 
    • Ancestral
  • Will there be a Costume Room added to PoH's so players can free up cosmetics in their bank?
    • It's something I could see us doing (I believe I read this suggestion on the forums in the past) but it wouldn't be a priority
  • Is there a reason the maps don't work properly? - Hosting Hide & Seeks is a bit challenging when you don't have access around the game.
    • World data for unchecked/unused regions will most likely need to be fixed
  • Will there ever be a rank past Legendary Donator Rank? ($1,000+ total donated) 
    • Most likely, yes
  • What made you choose the server name "Runex"? - Is it linked to the discontinued RSPS known as Rune-X from 2013?
    • It was a pretty spontaneous choice, there was no affiliation with any other projects (such as the one linked from 2013) 
  • Thoughts on changing the rewards from achievements? - Ex; Normal Mode gets a Crystal Key for 99 Mining, apposed to Prime Mode getting an Epic Crystal Key.
    • I like the idea, and we may consider it next time we revisit the achievement system for polishing
  • wDNoijo.png
  • hrjUU8a.png
    • The claws/skin drop 100%, and we decided to keep the mole exchange reward rates static
  • CstvExP.png
    • Brown, dogs
  • aonZWuD.png
    • Fun, hopefully memorable activities for the community
  • KelJWzw.png
    • It hasn't been a priority since we have the staff of the dead, but it may be considered in the future.
  • Like 6

Please don't consider a Staff of light lol.

Thanks for the answers @Ryan 

Thanks for the topic @Wayne

Edited by Basic Bitch

@Ryan Tbh the seasonal events are one of the coolest parts of runex, they add in a special little niche thing to do for a period of time that is always rewarding.

I have a few questions @Ryan;

• Ryan, Why do you still have the default forum profile picture?
  • Have you ever thought of adding clue scrolls on top of task scrolls? More challenging, higher requirements etc.
  • Are there any plans to rework the farming skill? I had suggested it a while ago: https://runex.io/forums/index.php?/topic/2362-mega-suggestion-post/ :
  • Are there any plans to make 'Elixirs' more readily available to ironmen? See here: https://runex.io/forums/index.php?/topic/2578-elixirs/
  • What is the exact barrows drop rate and is it effected by any form of luck enhancement? Still 170 dry on my ironman :P 
  • Are there any plans to add firemaking specific or requiring content? It is currently a pretty unused skill.
  • Thoughts on adding a 'barrows' daily money maker?
  • Are you happy with the infernal fight caves and do you think is fits with Runex's previous content? 

18 hours ago, Basic Bitch said:

Please don't consider a Staff of light lol.

Thanks for the answers @Ryan 

Thanks for the topic @Wayne

This. Please no Staff of Light :^(

18 hours ago, Logical said:

Ryan, Why do you still have the default forum profile picture?

He doesn't.. Ryan is the new Gnome Child Commander.

@Logical

• Ryan, Why do you still have the default forum profile picture?
    • Changed it, thank you for reminding me
  • Have you ever thought of adding clue scrolls on top of task scrolls? More challenging, higher requirements etc.
    • I haven't thought about this, since task scrolls were meant to be a substitute for clue scrolls. They'd probably have to share similar loot tables, since there aren't many items left to exclusively reserve for clue scroll rewards.
  • Are there any plans to rework the farming skill? I had suggested it a while ago: https://runex.io/forums/index.php?/topic/2362-mega-suggestion-post/
    • We do in fact plan on revisiting farming for an expansion, but there's no ETA
  • Are there any plans to make 'Elixirs' more readily available to ironmen? See here: https://runex.io/forums/index.php?/topic/2578-elixirs/
    • They are primarily meant to be donator items, but we added a few methods of obtainment outside of it (crystal chests and medium task scrolls). There are no plans on adding new methods of obtainment, but that may change in the future.
  • What is the exact barrows drop rate and is it effected by any form of luck enhancement? Still 170 dry on my ironman :P
    • Rates are not disclosed at the moment, but there isn't any form of luck enhancement
  • Are there any plans to add firemaking specific or requiring content? It is currently a pretty unused skill.
    • There may be new features/items in the future that involve/require firemaking
  • Thoughts on adding a 'barrows' daily money maker?
    • We'll definitely consider this, not a bad idea!
  • Are you happy with the infernal fight caves and do you think is fits with Runex's previous content? 
    • I think we could have done better, and it's something we would most likely revisit and polish some time
  • Like 5