Vergari

Potential "fixes" to the pking achievements

So I've thought of many ways that could possibly "fix" the achievements that I've been complaining about for months now.  These are all meant to satisfy all types of players who would like to get the completionist cape while not removing all incentive for players to have to PK.  

I also believe that this causes so much negativity and toxicity in the community(i've seen at least 1 pvmer/skiller complain about getting killed and trash talk every time i've logged on)

1) Further nerfing the pking achievements 

Player killer I and II - 10 kills and 150 kills(

Manhunting I and II - 3 Killstreak and 15

2) Adding new  achievements to go along with the nerfs

Skilling/PVM

Dark Altar Runecrafting - Create X (rune) via the Dark Altar

Cursed Cavern task Master - Complete X Cursed Cavern slayer task

Rogue's Chest - Loot the Rogue Chest X times

King Lava Dragon -  Kill the KLD  times   --  OR   --  Wildy Boss Kills - Kill X number of bosses in the wildy

Cursed Crypt - Complete the Cursed Crypt X times

Mage Arena - Kill X  npcs in the mage arena

PKing achievements

Player Damage - deal amount of damage to players 

Blood Money Spender - Spend X amount of blood money

Risky Fighter - Kill number of players while carrying a blood orb

Special Fighter - Use X number of special attacks while in the wilderness

Rusher - Kill x number of players within 10 seconds of starting a fight

3) Add a safe pking minigame

Just a simple arena where people fight one another with no rewards(or smaller rewards like Crystal keys or something) with no changes to the current achievements

I've posted this here instead of suggestions just for feedback really

Edited by Vergari

-Pking achieves do not need nerfed. I'm not sure why your still trying for that.

-wildy boss kills already has their own achievements

-People would farm the minigame and that's bad news.

I agree with all the other ones though.

27 minutes ago, stickeyd said:

-Pking achieves do not need nerfed.

I agree.

--

Players and Staff should organize pk events, like FC wars in RuneScape in 2005-2010. It could be helpful to players who wants comp cape and could be a fun activity to others.

5 minutes ago, Santos said:

I agree.

--

Players and Staff should organize pk events, like FC wars in RuneScape in 2005-2010. It could be helpful to players who wants comp cape and could be a fun activity to others.

but for those wars, everyone would have the same gear and all stats could be boosted to 99 just for the game. (no exp earned)

2 minutes ago, stickeyd said:

but for those wars, everyone would have the same gear and all stats could be boosted to 99 just for the game. (no exp earned)

I don't think everyone should have all stats 99, but could have some restrictions like 'You can only use F2P armour (rune set, green d'hide set for ranged)', 'No curses', 'No Ancients or Lunar', etc.

Pking achievements do not need a nerf. Said it to you time and time again, if you don't like pking people, don't do it. If you don't like being pked, don't go in wilderness. The pking achievements add to the grind, make the comp cape harder to get (which is a good thing) and for those who are looking to comp, it brings them to the wilderness and adds danger to the wildy. It isn't balanced if some good money makers (ankou/green drag dailies, cursed cavern) and some of the best exp rates (wildy agil, cursed cavern) are in the wilderness and nobody there attacking.

The pvmers and skillers that complain about getting killed in the wilderness is more a problem with themselves and not the achievement system. Anybody who thinks doing dailies or pvming is an excuse to not get attacked in the wilderness (a clearly pvp area with many warnings) is delusional.

You have some good ideas for alternative pking-related achievements, but most of them just add to the problem you are aiming to avoid. You don't like pvmers and skillers being rushed by people trying to do achievements. However, player damage, spec attacks, killing within 10 seconds, kills with blood orb, these all just add to the people aiming to rush defenseless people rather than do real fights. It's a lot easier to do bulk damage on ungeared skillers, as well as spec attacks, it's so much easier to kill a pvmer or skiller in 10 seconds compared to a pker, and blood orbs add to a player's risk, all the more reason to rush skillers and reduce the chance of losing money

• Like 1

If this achievement simply used as an excuse to promote pking, why not add a variety of achievements centered around wilderness activities that promote pking rather than forcing the player to do an absurd number of player kills by camping the three hotspots in the wildy?  It's very possible to have the same level of difficulty and grindiness by not forcing the player to do this ridiculous amount of player kills, and that's simply all I want from all this complaining.  I'm not asking to completely remove it or anything like that, i just simply want it more bearable for somebody like me who prefers skilling and PvM over PvP.  I'll also add that runescape 3 doesn't even have any PvP achievements for getting the completionist cape.

I'll say this specifically for vintage. The toxicity isn't even the biggest problem. The fact that camping PvMers and Skillers is the only way that you could possibly get the achievement within a reasonable amount of time is the biggest and most apparent flaw with an achievement like this.

Most of the other skilling and PvM related achievements aren't nearly as 'hard' as this because they have much lower numbers(besides a few, such as 500 barrows chests or 1000 crystal keys, which I've said something about before), so even if you don't like those certain aspects of the game, it's not unreasonable to do.

If you can't already tell, i'm very adamant about seeing these changes, so expect to see many more posts about it until some sort of change(if any at all) happens. And if nothing at all happens, i'll suck it up and buy a cursed cannon and rush people like a cuck. 

Judging by the poll and what I've heard from other players, it's about 2/3rds of the server agreeing with me and 1/3rd saying that it's fine the way it is. I've really been the same 15-20 people saying that it's fine the way it is

Edited by Vergari

31 minutes ago, Vergari said:

If this achievement simply used as an excuse to promote pking, why not add a variety of achievements centered around wilderness activities that promote pking rather than forcing the player to do an absurd number of player kills by camping the three hotspots in the wildy?  It's very possible to have the same level of difficulty and grindiness by not forcing the player to do this ridiculous amount of player kills, and that's simply all I want from all this complaining.  I'm not asking to completely remove it or anything like that, i just simply want it more bearable for somebody like me who prefers skilling and PvM over PvP.  I'll also add that runescape 3 doesn't even have any PvP achievements for getting the completionist cape.

I'll say this specifically for vintage. The toxicity isn't even the biggest problem. The fact that camping PvMers and Skillers is the only way that you could possibly get the achievement within a reasonable amount of time is the biggest and most apparent flaw with an achievement like this.

Most of the other skilling and PvM related achievements aren't nearly as 'hard' as this because they have much lower numbers(besides a few, such as 500 barrows chests or 1000 crystal keys, which I've said something about before), so even if you don't like those certain aspects of the game, it's not unreasonable to do.

If you can't already tell, i'm very adamant about seeing these changes, so expect to see many more posts about it until some sort of change(if any at all) happens. And if nothing at all happens, i'll suck it up and buy a cursed cannon and rush people like a cuck. 

Judging by the poll and what I've heard from other players, it's about 2/3rds of the server agreeing with me and 1/3rd saying that it's fine the way it is. I've really been the same 15-20 people saying that it's fine the way it is

Except rs3 does. They have a wilderness diary. Quit trying to compare games. The pking achievement is going to stay so quit trying to make the game easier for yourself. Fab got 500 kills by rushing and he's s a pvmer. You have no excuses why you can't achieve this, quit being lazy. 

16 minutes ago, Raw said:

Except rs3 does. They have a wilderness diary. Quit trying to compare games. The pking achievement is going to stay so quit trying to make the game easier for yourself. Fab got 500 kills by rushing and he's s a pvmer. You have no excuses why you can't achieve this, quit being lazy. 

Not a single one of the wildy achievements on rs3 have anything to do with PKing. Most of them are related to skillng or PvM in some way. 

And in what way exactly am I making this 'easier for myself'? I'm asking to add a larger variety of achievements  that take the same amount of time(or roughly the same) rather than having one single achievement focusing on killing skillers and pvmers in the wildy. In what way is that trying to 'make the game easier for myself'?

Why don't you try to think of a proper argument that justifies why it should stay how it is rather than calling me lazy?

Edited by Vergari

4 minutes ago, Vergari said:

Not a single one of the wildy achievements on rs3 have anything to do with PKing. Most of them are related to skillng or PvM in some way. 

And in what way exactly am I making this 'easier for myself'? I'm asking to add a larger variety of achievements  that take the same amount of time(or roughly the same) rather than having one single kill focusing on killing skillers and pvmers in the wildy. In what way is that trying to 'make the game easier for myself'?

Then I'd suggest osrs's dairy system for each city/prov instead only doing for Wilderness :P

11 minutes ago, Vergari said:

And in what way exactly am I making this 'easier for myself'? I'm asking to add a larger variety of achievements  that take the same amount of time(or roughly the same) rather than having one single achievement focusing on killing skillers and pvmers in the wildy. In what way is that trying to 'make the game easier for myself'?

Why don't you try to think of a proper argument that justifies why it should stay how it is rather than calling me lazy?

Because you flat out said you didn't want to get 500 kills because you're a pvmer/skiller. If its bearable for fab, me, roger and anyone else that's got the 500 kills then you're perfectly fine getting it too. 

• Like 1

I think this conversation just needs to end.

The achievement is very unlikely to be removed or lowered again.

As far as I'm concerned, get over it or don't comp.

14 hours ago, Vergari said:

Rusher - Kill x number of players within 10 seconds of starting a fight

God this is the last thing we need.

1 hour ago, Levi said:

God this is the last thing we need.

It's not like this doesn't already happen though, like cursed cannon rushing is the #1 way to get the achievement tbh

1 hour ago, 52xp said:

I think this conversation just needs to end.

The achievement is very unlikely to be removed or lowered again.

As far as I'm concerned, get over it or don't comp.

I can honestly think of more positives than negatives when it comes to lowering it further and adding new achievements that balance out that change.  

I'm not going to stop complaining about this until I see some sort of change that satisfies me tbh

2 minutes ago, Vergari said:

I can honestly think of more positives than negatives when it comes to lowering it further and adding new achievements that balance out that change.  

I'm not going to stop complaining about this until I see some sort of change that satisfies me tbh

Well, in my opinion you're not going to see 'some sort of change' so.. like I said, either get over it or don't comp.

It's been cut in half once before and people need to realize just because it's an eco server doesn't mean people won't PK.

3 minutes ago, 52xp said:

Well, in my opinion you're not going to see 'some sort of change' so.. like I said, either get over it or don't comp.

It's been cut in half once before and people need to realize just because it's an eco server doesn't mean people won't PK.

'doesn't mean people won't PK'

People hardly pk in the first place on this server

Most 'pkers' are just going for the achievement

And I've never said people shouldn't be pking on here

16 minutes ago, Vergari said:

'doesn't mean people won't PK'

People hardly pk in the first place on this server

Most 'pkers' are just going for the achievement

And I've never said people shouldn't be pking on here

Lol.. So go for the achievements with them. And actually, there's dozens of people who PK. 

You've said yourself you're not a pker.. you wouldn't know. This whole convo should just be dropped with the suggestion, imo.

14 minutes ago, 52xp said:

Lol.. So go for the achievements with them. And actually, there's dozens of people who PK. 

You've said yourself you're not a pker.. you wouldn't know. This whole convo should just be dropped with the suggestion, imo.

Would you rather have a larger variety of pk related achievements rather than one that takes a really long time? I don't see problems with that sort of change to this achievement.  It brings in more content, makes the existing two a lot less of an arduous task and makes it so skillers and pvmers have less of a chance of being farmed(but not entirely removing the occasional pker doing it for fun).  

With the change for a safe pking minigame, it could be balanced out so two people can't just safely duel eachother to farm for the achievement and you could even make it so that you can only go in there once every five minutes or something.  There's so many possiblities to make it more PvMer friendly, while not removing the achievement completely or nerfing it to the ground.

24 minutes ago, Vintage said:

Why does anything need to be pvm friendly? It's the wilderness.

2j07x3n.png

Gold haha. It's indeed wildy unfriendly. 

• Like 1

Treat it as any other achievement and just grind it out, if you spent your time complaining on pking instead you would have already made a lot of progress on the acheive for sure

11 minutes ago, Fab said:

Treat it as any other achievement and just grind it out, if you spent your time complaining on pking instead you would have already made a lot of progress on the acheive for sure

not really, i'm only at like 153/194 achievements anyways. And only about 3 are close to as grindy as this one tbh

also update your signature smh