Vergari

Wilderness Achievement Overhaul

The recent poll that I made(and discussion(s) that followed) made me want to create a list to completely overhaul Wildy achievements, adding new ones and changing old ones.

Currently there are only the wildy boss kill achievements and the ridiculously high number of kills from Player Killer I and II, and the extremely high killstreak in Manhunting I and II.

Existing Achievement Changes

First I'd like to start with a few tweaks to the current achievements.  Most of these changes are meant to balance out the old ones with the new ones.

Player Killer I - Obtain a player killcount of 50

Player Killer II - Obtain a player killcount of 250

Manhunting I - Obtain a player killstreak of 5

Manhunting II - Obtain a player killstreak of 10

Manhunting III - Obtain a player killstreak of 25

New Achievements

These are a bunch of random ideas for new Achievements(with the most simplified names and descriptions

Dark Altar Runecrafting - Create X (rune) via the Dark Altar

Cursed Cavern task Master - Complete X Cursed Cavern slayer task

Rogue's Chest - Loot the Rogue Chest X times

King Lava Dragon -  Kill the KLD  times   --  OR   --  Wildy Boss Kills - Kill X number of bosses in the wildy

Cursed Crypt - Complete the Cursed Crypt X times

Mage Arena - Kill X  npcs in the mage arena

Cursed Tree -Cut X  number of logs from the cursed tree

Barrows Fighter I - Earn X kills wearing a full set of barrows armor

Player Damage - deal amount of damage to players 

Blood Money Spender - Spend X amount of blood money

Risky Fighter - Kill number of players while carrying a blood orb

Special Fighter - Use x number of special attacks while in the wilderness

Rusher - Kill x number of players within 10 seconds of starting a fight

Edited by Vergari
Added new achievements and removed others

How are 500 kills and 50 killstreak so impossibly unattainable but 250 and 25 are just fine?

The achievements involve many aspects of the game, some of which people may not enjoy or haven't done before and don't want to learn. That's fine, just don't complete them. However, pkers may not want to grind out 50 kills of each GWD boss or 500 barrows runs, but at the end of the day, going for comp requires all achievements to be complete.

Coming from someone who is currently going for comp cape (and is quite close), I feel the pking achievements are fine how they are.

In regard to your extra achievements, the King Lava Dragon one relies on rng to get a KLD scroll drop, it would be like having a Chaos mummy achievement which I feel would be unreasonable. And there are already wildy boss kill achievements which also take a ridiculous amount of time to complete.

No support

17 minutes ago, Vintage said:

How are 500 kills and 50 killstreak so impossibly unattainable but 250 and 25 are just fine?

The achievements involve many aspects of the game, some of which people may not enjoy or haven't done before and don't want to learn. That's fine, just don't complete them. However, pkers may not want to grind out 50 kills of each GWD boss or 500 barrows runs, but at the end of the day, going for comp requires all achievements to be complete.

Coming from someone who is currently going for comp cape (and is quite close), I feel the pking achievements are fine how they are.

In regard to your extra achievements, the King Lava Dragon one relies on rng to get a KLD scroll drop, it would be like having a Chaos mummy achievement which I feel would be unreasonable. And there are already wildy boss kill achievements which also take a ridiculous amount of time to complete.

No support

I was originally going to put 100 and 10 respectively but I had a ton of people saying that it'd be 'too easy' so I set it higher.

And absolutely no support? Not even for the new achievements that'll just add more activity to the wildy and content that'll overall help the server?

2 hours ago, Vergari said:

The recent poll that I made(and discussion(s) that followed) made me want to create a list to completely overhaul Wildy achievements, adding new ones and changing old ones.

Currently there are only the wildy boss kill achievements and the ridiculously high number of kills from Player Killer I and II, and the extremely high killstreak in Manhunting I and II.

New Achievements

These are a bunch of random ideas for new Achievements(with the most simplified names and descriptions

Dark Altar Runecrafting - Create X (rune) via the Dark Altar

Why not, even though it is shockingly bad xp :P 

Cursed Cavern task Master - Complete X Cursed Cavern slayer task

Why not

Rogue's Chest - Loot the Rogue Chest X times

Why not

King Lava Dragon -  Kill the KLD  times   --  OR   --  Wildy Boss Kills - Kill X number of bosses in the wildy

Wilderness bosses already have achievements tied to them.

But I would love to see king lava dragon have an achievement.

So here is the solution. 

1. Make King lava dragon scrolls untradable.
  2. Add an achievement for 50 king lava dragon kills

If that is done, I will support the KS and kills being lowered.

Cursed Crypt - Complete the Cursed Crypt X times

Why not

Mage Arena - Kill X  npcs in the mage arena

Why not

Cursed Tree -Cut X  number of logs from the cursed tree

Why? 

Barrows Fighter I - Earn 5 wearing a full set of barrows armor

Pretty unfair to ironmen, its hard enough for them to get a barrows set, but now they have to get 25 kills while wearing them? 

You can't complain about a 'hard' achievement and then add something that is hard for another game mode.

Barrows Fighter II - Earn 25 kills wearing a full set of barrows armor

I just want to make 1 big point;

You are trying to replace the only 2 pking achievements with 2 much easier pking achievements and a bunch of PVM/skilling achievements? It's a little unfair to the players who like to PK.

If you want to nerf or abolish the existing pking achievements, bring forward a list of PKING achievements. 

FYI: I like the new achievements, but not at the cost of nerfing the existing ones.

1 hour ago, Logical said:

I just want to make 1 big point;

You are trying to replace the only 2 pking achievements with 2 much easier pking achievements and a bunch of PVM/skilling achievements? It's a little unfair to the players who like to PK.

If you want to nerf or abolish the existing pking achievements, bring forward a list of PKING achievements. 

FYI: I like the new achievements, but not at the cost of nerfing the existing ones.

I added some new ones