Ryan

[July 24th, 2019] Summer QoL Update

Content updates:

• Donator zone
    • The entire donator zone has been re-vamped with new aesthetics & features!
      • Convenient bank locations have been added
      • Blue dragons added
      • Three new thieving stalls
      • Elves thieving exp has been slightly decreased

HerBBcD.png

• Elite donator zone
    • The entire elite donator zone has been re-vamped with new aesthetics & features!
      • Area has been expanded, now more spacious and spread out
      • Boss spawner added, capable of spawning:
        • King black dragon
        • Chaos elemental
        • Thermonuclear smoke devil
        • Lizardman shaman
      • Skilling locations added with convenient bank locations
      • Brutal green dragons and drake spawns added in another corner

S2Uk7ol.png

• VIP donator zone
    • The entire VIP donator zone has been re-vamped with new aesthetics & features
      • Chaos elemental and KBD are now VIP+ rather than Legendary+
      • Hydra slayer monsters and ancient wyverns (Legendary+) added to the spawner
      • Rune dragons (Sponsor+) added to the spawner
      • Various bugs with the different height levels have been fixed
      • More features coming soon, stay tuned!

Wlp4NXy.png

• Sponsor donator zone
    • The entire Sponsor donator zone has been re-vamped with new aesthetics & features
      • To spend your sponsor tokens, you must now interact with the "Dream bush" across the bridge
        • New items have been added to the sponsor token exchange!
        • Horn of luck (100,000 tokens): Entire server receives +15% drop rate boots for 30 minutes
        • Sponsor halo (1,000,000 tokens) Autokeep + untradeable, acts as a holy wrench when worn (which makes prayer and restore potions regain additional prayer points)
      • Dream rocks added, which can be mined for sponsor tokens and decent mining experience!
      • More features coming soon, stay tuned!

m0FEE1q.png

• YouTuber Program Revival
    • The new youtuber rank system is now live & implemented in-game!
    • If you're interested in becoming a Runex content creator (and get rewarded for it) check it out now!
      • For more information, view our Knowledgebase guide:
  • Crafting
    • Glassblowing pipe has been added to the general store, with glassblowing now being a functional crafting skill!
    • D'hide coifs are now craftable with dragon leather
  • Lava maze
    • Lava eel exchange added near Lava eel fishing.
      • Exchange un-noted eels for noted ones, as well as other good rewards (such as Lava feathers & Catalyst tokens)
    • You now have an uncommon chance (1/25) to received cursed caskets while fishing lava eels at the lava maze
  • New "Onyx machete" (BiS) has been added to the Kharazi minigame
    • Available as an upgrade for 2,500 trading sticks + uncut onyx
    • Alternatively available as a jungle demon drop
  • New "Snakeskin shield" has been added as a common loot in the Kharazi minigame
  • New "Shoulder monkey" has been added as a very rare reward from Ancient urns

Quality of Life (QoL):

• Item repair coffer
    • You can now speak with the repair dwarf at home to add gold in your coffer, which will be auto-withdrawn for broken item repairs
    • Through this menu, you can select "auto-repair" which will automatically repair broken items on death!

65pyVa3.png

• Agility overlays
    • We've added a new system which allows us to render 2D polygon overlays for 3D game models!
    • With this new system, we have been able to implement a new feature to mark all click-boxes for rooftop agility courses

LGUPu9o.png

• Multi-line chat support
    • Long-winded messages will now wrap to the next line in your chat box!
    • Chat messages still have an 80 character limit, but those last few letters/words will now longer cut off!
    • UPDATE: Multi-lines for yell chat has been reverted until further noticed (fixing gap issues)

XLBoIAX.png

• The following items have been added to the PoH storage chests:
    • Holiday tonics
    • Saradomin/guthix/zamorak rune sets
    • Corrupted bracelet
    • Ring of greed
    • Ring of vigour
    • Mole and frog slippers
    • Spiked helmet
    • Slayer boots and gloves
    • Boots of stone
    • Expeditious bracelet
    • Bracelet of slughter
    • D'hide (g) pieces
    • Tricorn hats
    • Graahk/hunter graahk sets
    • Falconer's glove
    • Tormented bracelet
    • HC/UIM/IM armors
    • Devout boots
    • Slayer embles
    • Parrot
    • Gilded cannon
    • Summer event items

• Rune coin exchange
    • The daily limit of 10,000 rune coins exchanges has been raised to 15,000
  • Bank searching is now more dynamic, updating the search results as you type the key term
  • 200M cooking cape now works for all cooking skilling tasks
  • Bone crusher now works for bone burying task scrolls
  • Altars now work for bone burying task scrolls
  • PoH exit portal will now take you back to the PoH portal you cam efrom
  • Barrows reward chest will now pop open a display with the list of items you received (similar to raids, etc.)
  • Added a right-click "Quick-task" icon to the slayer master at home
  • "Bonus mystery chest" and "Bonus mystery box" have been changed to "Point mystery box/chest" to reduce confusion for new players

Gameplay changes:

• Vorkath boss
    • Vorkath is now a freely accessible boss in the Boss teleports menu
    • Vorkath teleport scrolls are still in-game, and now give you a +50% drop rate bonus when used to teleport to vorkath
    • PLEASE READ:  Drop rates have been nerfed for vorkath now that it is more accessible, and will therefore be killed far more often server-wide
      • Using a vorkath teleport scroll will give it drop rates similar to how it originally was (if not better)
  • Wilderness/PvP changes
    • Looting bags
      • items will now be auto-lost on death in the wilderness, rather than being counted as protectable item(s)
      • This is the proper mechanic, and we've set it this way to coincide with the intended meta of the wilderness
  • Luck tokens
    • Rather than doubling the drop quantities you receive, luck tokens will now double the drop rolls
    • This new mechanic will allow common drops to feel much more rewarding, and increase the chance for rares rather than guaranteed quantity
    • This also applies for epic luck tokens, but at a 3X scale (3 drops)
  • Buffed medium, hard, elite and master task scroll rewards
    • Common and rare table drop rates should feel better all around
  • Drop table improvements
    • Chambers of Xeric (CoX) common table has been re-balanced and buffed
    • Skilling pet rates have been massively buffed for all skills except thieving
    • Corporeal beast drop table has been buffed
      • Common table has been improved
      • Rare tables are now slightly easier to hit
    • GWD Boss uncommon drop tables have been buffed
      • Ecumenicals, noted bars/gems, etc.
    • Alchemical hydra drop table has been buffed
    • Rune dragon drop tables have been buffed, with slightly rarer vorkath scroll rates
    • Hydra slayer monster (non-boss) drop tables have been buffed
    • Enormous mole common & uncommon drop tables have been buffed
    • Giant mole drop tables have been buffed
    • Blue dragon drop tables have been buffed
    • King black dragon common drop table has been buffed
    • Aberrant spectre drop table has been buffed (including superior version)
    • Spiritual mage/ranger/warriors in GWD now drop dragon boots slightly more rarely
      • Other small table buffs and tweaks have been included as well
    • Jungle demon, jungle dragon, and jungle titan drop tables have been buffed
    • Fiyr shade & black chest reward tables slightly changed and re-balanced to be more rewarding
  • Alchemy value increases for the following items:
    • Spined gear
    • Rock-shell gear
    • Skeletal gear
    • Mystic robes (dusk)
    • Amethyst arrows, bolts & ore
  • The following items are now noteable:
    • Prize boxes
    • Ultimate prize boxes
    • Prize chests
    • Point mystery chests
    • Point mystery boxes
    • Task bottles
    • Master task bottles
  • Wicked wights II achievement reward changed from verac's helmet to barrows mystery box
  • All barrows reward rune coin prices have been raised by 25%, including AoTD
  • Boss points added to the rare & very rare tables for point mystery boxes and chests
  • Epic luck tokens and three new exclusive dog pets have been added to the vote exchange

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed issues with instanced monsters disappearing (both from PoH instances and standard instances like Kraken)
  • Fixed issues with extended antifire potions not giving proper dragonfire protection
  • Fixed issues with general dragonfire protection with certain items
  • Fixed issues with making jewelry on the furnace
  • Fixed issues with Cerberus's prayer drain mechanic being fully negated with damage soaking equipment/scenarios
  • Fixed an issue with task scroll caskets via achievements counting toward task scroll leaderboards
  • Fixed an issue with your chat box getting "full" or consuming message slots when game message filter is enabled
  • Fixed issues with trimmed strength amulets counting as different items
    • If you have a "bugged" strength amulet (t) simply equip & unequip it for it to be set to the proper item
  • Fixed walking at the far regions of Edgeville wilderness
  • Fixed graphical issues with surge spell animations
  • Fixed graphical issues with 3rd age pickaxe's animation
  • Fixed announcement for sacred token & onyx drops from Colossal Cerberus
  • Fixed rune-free god spell casts with imbued god staves
  • Fixed using items on premium bankers to note items
  • Fixed Alchemical Hydra's lightning color to be more visible, especially for those who endure colorblindness
  • Fixed wyvern kills not counting toward task scrolls
  • Fixed unskulling with cape of skulls and/or amulet of avarice
  • Fixed issue with dwarf cannon and different height levels of the same region, particularly in VIP zone
  • Fixed improper 2X blood money drops from ankous at cursed cavern
  • Fixed issue with vorkath's lair having a black floor when re-teleporting to the zone
  • Fixed graphical bug with cat mask's inventory and ground/floor model
  • Fixed graphical bug with adamant gauntlets on female characters
  • Fixed graphical bug with vyrewatch boots on female characters
  • Fixed ruby bolts crossbow compatibility
  • Fixed pathing issues near Teclyn at home
  • Fixed the home teleport location on skill teleports
  • Fixed the home teleport location from the portal at Revenant caves
  • Fixed scythe of vitur's attack animation
  • Fixed interaction for various skilling objects (anvils, etc.) in donator zones
  • Fixed draconic platebody's protection value
  • Fixed a graphical issue where your iron man crown would not appear in the chatbox after account creation (unless you re-log)
  • Fixed a bug that caused a spam of 200M experience announcements
  • Fixed god ring hover descriptions to now explain the correct percentage (6.75%)
  • Fixed the offset position of the "guide arrow" when you search monster drops from the knowledgebase tab

A look ahead 👀👀👀:

• Below are a list of things you can expect to see in the next few updates!
    • Great improvements to the slayer skill!
    • Changes to PvP mechanics, and PvP-only changes to certain effects/items that are deemed too overpowered in the wild
    • Collection log system for drops, minigames, and more!
    • Some QoL "plugin" features, similar to the renown RuneLite client!
  • Like 3

First

Edit: Mad update. Keep it coming bois. Top tier shit.

Edited by Big Squirrel

Amazing list of updates, QoLs and fixes, great work development team!

Slayer skill improvements and collection log in the near future. Part of me hopes that the collection log wont count prior to the update to give me a lot more gameplay :D 

Also, If you use any of my slayer suggestions I expect a 10% commission of all slayer points earned post update ❤️ 

Edited by Iron Logic

Nice work on this update Ryan!

It looks really good, vorakth is going to be cool and the luck token is how it should be.

Love you Ryan ❤️ hopefully this alch hydra buff may give me a drop I’ve gone almost 150 dry no onyx ;-;

this is honestly high fuckin quality. Love everything I'm readin here. The only thing i might question is - weren't hydra and sire's superior rates buffed because their standard droptables werent appealing enough? I do wonder if the buff to Hydra's droptable won't make it too good to farm in combination with it's high superior chance. Though I'm glad that if anything is rewarding content, its something you actually have to pay attention to like hydra.

1 hour ago, Iron Logic said:

Part of me hopes that the collection log wont count prior to the update to give me a lot more gameplay :D 

It will indeed be a fresh start.

Stay tuned!

The only thing i might question is - weren't hydra and sire's superior rates buffed because their standard droptables werent appealing enough? I do wonder if the buff to Hydra's droptable won't make it too good to farm in combination with it's high superior chance. Though I'm glad that if anything is rewarding content, its something you actually have to pay attention to like hydra.

The drop buffs for Alchemical Hydra weren't too drastic, we mainly just made the brimstone ring pieces reflect the rate difference that OSRS has (rather than squeezing them all in the same rate.)

Glad you like the update, have fun :) !

• Like 1

Great looking stuff here! New to the server - it's great to see a whole bunch of work being done on an already impressive system. Looking forward to seeing what comes next

Great work to everyone involved! really really impressve 

can we see imbued chaotic weaponry get some kind of graphical change to distinguish them from regular versions? 

So is anyone gunna run my 700+ Xerics raids now that you finally decided to “fix” the drop tables? “Fuck anyone who already put in the work, we’ll just make it appealing for the new users; fuck our existing player base and their time supporting my game”

• Like 1

Now we just need scythe's proper wielding animation! :)@Ryan

Good work, hell of an update! 

Cheers,

Rasta

1 hour ago, God said:

So is anyone gunna run my 700+ Xerics raids now that you finally decided to “fix” the drop tables? “Fuck anyone who already put in the work, we’ll just make it appealing for the new users; fuck our existing player base and their time supporting my game”

This isn't the first time the raids drop tables have been reworked.  That kind of thinking is how server die, saying we can't update anything once it has been released. No-one forced you to do 700 Xerics prior to the recent drop table change, and the major point here is that regardless of the new common table, you still have 700 raids worth of loot. 

Love the overall update, a bit on edge with the luck tokens change. Not sure on that, everything else I love!!

4 hours ago, prime tonys said:

nice but now the client freeze at home 😕

Crashing issues have been fixed.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, God said:

You represent God terribly, I call you to REPENT in JESUS NAME!..... Anyways, great update. Love all the server enhancements. 

Not a fan of the remolded dzone. I kinda donated to have that gem mine, now its gone 3 weeks after dono, kind of a bummer to say the least. It's more cluttered now, with 16 times the potted plants, and 2x the distance from bank to whatever your up to.  

Why do black dragons not drop their respective bones and black dragon hides at ::dzone???

Nice update to raids drop table.

still getting purple sweets and ores from a 20k pt master raid.

like why? pointless to raid