Iron Logic

Wilderness Slayer

Wilderness Slayer  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the current wilderness slayer should be revamped?

2. 2. If so, which of the changes below would you support? [Vote on all the apply]

• Moving the slayer master to edgeville ditch,
    • Expand the assignment roster to include all wilderness monsters,
    • Add superiors for all assignments,
    • Severely increase the task length for all tasks,
    • Make wilderness slayer tasks costly to skip.

Currently we have a fairly primitive wilderness slayer system, consisting of;

• Wilderness Ankous,
  • Wilderness Abyssal Demons, and
  • Chaos Druid Warriors.

Doing these on task isn't very rewarding and is mostly confined to the cursed caverns, making the risk easily outweigh the rewards, which is why I never see anyone doing it.

With the recent addition of some slayer superiors, it gives me hope that the slayer skill will go back to being an enjoyable and profitable skill.

So here is what I am thinking,

1. The wilderness slayer master should be moved to the edgeville ditch, like the OSRS version.
  2. The roster of assignments should be expanded to every monster/boss we have in the wilderness.
  3. Superiors for all of the monsters be created with a modified drop table [Even bosses].
  4. Task length should be severely increased to 75-150 regular NPCs and 20-50 bosses.
  5. Tasks should either be un-skippable or cost a large amount of slayer points to skip [To prevent slayer farming of 1 monster etc].

I know where will be a few players complaining about this being 'wilderness' content, but I think this is the kind of content RuneX needs right now. Something that helps to keep older content more relevant and change up the meta for a lot of players.
Forget camping void in the wilderness, with this players will be looking to bring a slayer helmet, which opens the door to a whole range of different setups. 

+1, I support this fully.

Especially with the somewhat new addition of the Revenant caves.

Allowing the slayer master to assign stuff like Lava giants, Lava demons, Lava/Frost dragons, Revenants, and even Wilderness bosses would be a great idea.

I think if wilderness bosses are going to be included though, leave them on a separate difficulty so you don't get assigned Wilderness bosses when you're just trying to do regular tasks. Or make it like OSRS where you can kill Vet'ion in place of skeletons, Vennanatis in place of spiders, and Callisto in the place of bears. This would require low level NPCs like these be added to the wilderness. Ideally in high traffic locations so these tasks wouldn't be "free" slayer points.

I think adding a wilderness specific drop table (only accessible on task) would be a good idea as well if it could be implemented. Something like a 5k blood money drop that'll be announced in the [News] chat.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ralph said:

Allowing the slayer master to assign stuff like Lava giants, Lava demons, Lava/Frost dragons, Revenants, and even Wilderness bosses would be a great idea.

I think if wilderness bosses are going to be included though, leave them on a separate difficulty so you don't get assigned Wilderness bosses when you're just trying to do regular tasks. Or make it like OSRS where you can kill Vet'ion in place of skeletons, Vennanatis in place of spiders, and Callisto in the place of bears. This would require low level NPCs like these be added to the wilderness. Ideally in high traffic locations so these tasks wouldn't be "free" slayer points.

I think adding a wilderness specific drop table (only accessible on task) would be a good idea as well if it could be implemented. Something like a 5k blood money drop that'll be announced in the [News] chat.

I second that for sure,+1 all day

4 hours ago, Ralph said:

Yes yes yes yes 

I support this. I mean i wouldn't do it but i don't mind it being added.

Edited by Humpy

+1 would love this, even tho there's no need for me, if I ever made an ironman or new account, would be fun

+1 as currently its really only "cursed cavern slayer" also known as cancer cave where there is no minimap....

Seperate boss and normal tasks prefered maybe make wildy slayer pts seperate?

Have a wildy slay pt shop where u can exchange them for normal slay points at x rate as well as new items since its larger tasks and highet risk.

Maybe like:

chaotic of choice for sale

Dragon imps/ninja imps

Pvp armours/weps 

Raids 1/2 box (for a shit ton of points)

This would bring alot of items into game that are hard to get and needed/wanted frequently.  This would bring in another way to get scythe/tbow as currently the rates are close to 1 in 1k and even if you have enough to buy one no one sells them which is causing people to quit.

I agree to all of this and at the same time would like to point out that the bar graph of results is very misleading. Each bar shouldn't be calculating as

(# of votes for this item) / (total # votes for all items)

If everyone voted for all 5 items, each bar would show 20% which makes it seem like they aren't very popular ideas, despite being voted on by 100% of users. They should be calculating as

(#of votes for this item) / (users voted in this poll)

On 9/12/2018 at 10:01 AM, kegan said:

+1 as currently its really only "cursed cavern slayer" also known as cancer cave where there is no minimap....

Seperate boss and normal tasks prefered maybe make wildy slayer pts seperate?

Have a wildy slay pt shop where u can exchange them for normal slay points at x rate as well as new items since its larger tasks and highet risk.

Maybe like:

chaotic of choice for sale

Dragon imps/ninja imps

Pvp armours/weps 

Raids 1/2 box (for a shit ton of points)

This would bring alot of items into game that are hard to get and needed/wanted frequently.  This would bring in another way to get scythe/tbow as currently the rates are close to 1 in 1k and even if you have enough to buy one no one sells them which is causing people to quit.

I'm not sure if we should separate them, there aren't that many bosses and to be fair, the bosses are easier than some regular NPCs.

As far as the store goes, I can see the separation of points being a good thing, but the stuff you think should be in the store are a little OP.

• Pvp armour and weapons: Kinda ruins the cursed crypt, perhaps replace this with a cursed key.
  • Raids boxes: No, no amount of points will ever justify adding raids boxes to a slayer store.

It would be better to see wilderness related rewards.

I've been playing for 2 years and haven't gotten my hands on a Twisted bow and that doesn't bother me at all. If that kind of thing is making people quit, they probably aren't enjoy the server as a whole.

Absolutely yes. Not only is this a good idea because of adding wildy boss's to the slayer list but would also bring pking up a notch. I do not pk whatsoever but I have seen plenty of players mention how dead the wild is. Would be really nice to see get added.

Also really support the announcement of any rare drop, such as getting a dragon pickaxe from callisto. Now I have no idea if this is possible, but would be nice to see the announcements disappear from wildy boss's that are spawned at vip. I could see this causing some issues if someone is at vip and spawns callisto and gets a rare drop while there is someone at callisto in the wild and they literally just got there and bam someone goes right there to kill whoever is there and doesn't get the loot that was announced. 

Slayer master should have been at edgeville ditch the entire time. I also believe we should separate the two slayer masters so people don't accidentally click on the wrong task. Especially if the plan is to make wildy slayer tasks costly to skip. Regular slayer tasks don't cost all that much to skip if you can rack up a ton of runex points but if you wish to make them costly then I hope in order to skip wildy slayer tasks you would only be able to use slayer points or you're just stuck doing the task.

As far as another slayer shop? Nah, no support. I don't see the need in creating a different shop. Maybe revamp the shop that's already there and remove/add some items but creating a whole new shop is just too much added work that's unnecessary. 

I support this idea, but too bad I'm cleaned to benefit from it, 0 things to pk with. I would love to see this when I get back though. +1

Edited by grim wrapper

On 9/11/2018 at 2:27 AM, Logical said:

Forget camping void in the wilderness, with this players will be looking to bring a slayer helmet, which opens the door to a whole range of different setups. 

Like black d'hide. That's how cheap pvmers are on this server. l0l