TravisCruz

Solution to Catacombs Overcrowding

With brimstone slayer being so profitable and making slayer in general extremely popular again, the catacombs have become near impossible to slay in efficiently as an an iron or UIM, and are even very frustrating to do as a main. On an iron, anyone can wait for your monsters health to get low and just tag it for the kill (happens way too often), or simply just put their cannon down and make it near impossible to finish your task.

The solution: Instance scrolls that must be bought with slayer points. There's an incredible amount of people with 10k+ slayer points that have bought out the shop, so this would not only give them a use for slay pts, but it would give an extra reward to slayer. The instance WOULD NOT be for the entire dungeon, however, just for the area where your currently assigned slayer monsters to keep the server from being overloaded. The one big thing that would need to be different here vs other instances would be to either allow cannon, or have the monsters aggro, to make near par with the regular dungeon.

Edited by TravisCruz
  • Like 1

Can agree an instance for catacombs would be really good even if it won’t let you place a cannon down it’ll still help. I think I said this ingame but there should be an option to maybe sacrifice skotizo pet (yes I know how rare it is) to gain access to a poh instance for catacombs. But your idea seems more viable and less super Grindy even tho I haven’t done much brimstone slayer just yet but I have seen the increasing popularity.

+1.

23 hours ago, Iron Logic said:

@TravisCruz Would the instance scroll be a one time use? And what would they cost?

Was thinking one time use for the scrolls so there would be a continual need to buy them and spend points, yeah. Not sure about how many points though.. Maybe 15-25 slayer points? Imo it would make sense to cost slightly more than you get some back from the task, as well as various other ways.

How about 2.5k points to buy a redirection scroll. Then you use your slayer teleport scrolls on it to teleport to the catacombs in a instance?

This is genius. I like that you've thought through the server side of it and everything. I'm not sure how easy it would be to implement something like this, which would involve having to make those instances count as the catacombs for both totem piece drops and for the brimstone location specific requirement to be met, but it'd be immensely nice if it is reasonable to make.

On 9/10/2019 at 9:09 PM, TravisCruz said:

Imo it would make sense to cost slightly more than you get some back from the task, as well as various other ways.

agree with this aswell, though you have to take into account the effect that slayer/max cape has on this as far as, how much benefit we want people to have from using these items.

On 9/11/2019 at 4:33 AM, touched said:

How about 2.5k points to buy a redirection scroll. Then you use your slayer teleport scrolls on it to teleport to the catacombs in a instance?

interesting, but since this is a solution to a problem (mostly) experienced by IM/UIM, it makes more sense for it to be something acquirable through slayer points continually (as he suggested adding a new item) vs. something you have to acquire in other ways like the regular teleport scrolls.

Hi @TravisCruz

I appreciate you taking your time in making this suggestion. 

It seems that this is getting a lot of support and could be useful for our developers. 

I will be forwarding this to Ryan and Nate and hopefully they can put this into use in some way. 

Thank you for your suggestion and enjoy playing! 

• Like 1