Huff

[EVENT] Suggestions I'd like to see added.

Prize Box and Crystal Keys

I know it was changed not too long ago that Prize Boxes, Crystal Keys and other related items were nerfed. Back in the day they were extremely overpowered but in my opinion they've been overnerfed. I've opened 300 Crystal keys in one day only to have received one "rare" which was a whip. Prize boxes also seem very lack luster, I know these were also overpowered back in the day especially prize chests and ultimate prize boxes, but I feel as if they also were over nerfed.

Skilling Points

1. As of right now there's no reward or risk for skipping over a skilling task. The only thing I recommend here is to have a skilling point increase similar to slayer's but only going up +1 by +1 till capped at a certain limit of bonus points per task at a certain number say +4 points at 100 streak.
  2. Trade in a certain amount of barbarian tokens for a skilling point. Barbarian tokens have no use once everything is unlocked and I feel like this could be a good idea to sink the tokens and make use of something that you continue to collect once you finish the training.
  3. I know Kong made a post about this a while ago about Enchanted Graceful but I've recently thought about how this could be added. Agility is one of the harder skills to train as it's pretty boring and no exp boosts other than items you can buy I.E. Skilling backpack, Varrock Armor, EXP accessories. My Idea is to have Enchanted Graceful obtainable through skilling points by mixing one of each of the graceful dyes to make an Enchanted Dye so they'd need to make a Dye for each piece and give a bonus % of experience for agility gained once the full set is obtained. (Plus I just really liked the design of the enchanted graceful he made and would love to be able to wear it )
  4. Larger variety of higher level points. As of right now skills like Agility and Hunting at higher levels only give you one possible task which is Wildy Agility and Hunting Imps. I'd like to see Chin hunting as one of the things to do for hunting as finding those Dragon and Ninja Imps can be a daunting task that most skip over as they are semi hard to find. I know Chin hunting is available for lower levels but I've never got a Chin task on my Maxed account. 
  5. Chances at tasks in Kharazi such as Kharazi Chin and Wagtail hunting. Also Wilderness tasks such as Black Chin Hunting and Lava Wagtail Hunting I don't know the skilling point rewards for it but I'd say they'd be around the same as the higher tier'd Imp hunting and Onyx/Dragonstone crafting.

200M Experience Capes

1. Give the 200M maxed capes the ability to combine with the same capes that the normal Max Cape can be combined with. I know this is pretty niche at the moment with the amount of people that have 200M all skills but would be neat to add.
  2. Some of the effects of the capes are kind of lack luster and I'd kind of like to have the community think of some possible suggestions for these as some are just pretty useless compared to their 99 counterparts. Construction for instance allows you teleport to your house compared to the 99 cape which just caps it at 1 minute between teleports, a replacement for example could be allowing you to teleport from level 35 wilderness.

Skilling Pets

1. At the moment skilling pets are pretty much a myth with the exceptions of a select few being Rocky (Thieving), Chinchompa (Hunter), Beaver (Woodcutting).    I think it'd be a nice change to see some of the other skilling pets that are in the game just more rare than Twisted Bows at the moment, or so it seems.
  2. Give skilling pets a slight effect for the skill from which it came, it could even be just a slight boost in percentage to be able to gather materials but I think it would be an even bigger selling point to players as they'd have a use other than task scrolls and runecoins.

Daily Leaderboards

I feel like a great idea that would promote players to be more active everyday if possible is to have a daily leaderboard. I don't know it would be able to be on the same interface as the current leaderboard but I feel like a rotating of random daily leaderboard contests with leaderboard points being obtainable (no golden tickets) for the three game modes. First place receiving say 5 points, second 2 or 3 and last 1 ( Just an example) 

Voting Streaks

For this one I'm not 100% sure as to how we could go about this but I feel like a voting streak would be a neat idea for our loyal members that vote everyday. It'll not be something crazily over powered but a bonus at a certain amount of successful votes. Maybe the reward could be an increase in the GP obtained from the daily for voting depending on your streak and capping at certain amount. Not only would this support the player base by adding some gold into the economy, it would also in theory boost our exposure on the voting sites so we can obtain a larger player base.

Chambers of Xerics

1. The only change I'd really like to see with this is to slightly boost xeric's chest loot. Right now I feel as if Theaters of Blood have a better drop table when it comes to common drops such as bags of riches, elixirs, runecoin bags etc... I just feel like it would be nice to have just a little more variety on the common tables as I feel like 90% of the time I just get planks and cannonballs.
  2. Fix Tekton going in and out of an invisible state as it's very hard to reclick if you have auto retaliate off and go to get on him after potting or mining crystals https://gyazo.com/5e726ada9cd1bf60f3022e454cbbb4af

Game Chat Filter

I know this has been mentioned many of times but it doesn't hurt to add it again. Personally I'd like to see a toggled option for specifically Runex points from mob kills. Then there's the game filter everyone wants which includes gathering of supplies, refilling cannon, effects of bonecrusher/herbicide and dropping for each individual item in wilderness. At least those are the ones that stick out the most to me at the moment.
Was added into the game although I would like some messages till allowed in the game but it was a great add.

God Wars Dungeon

Now I'll probably catch some flak for this one but I feel as though we should buff either accuracy or damage when it comes to Saradomin and Zamorak rooms. I know I'm not the only one that sees that these two rooms are the most widely camped and the sole reason is because it's essentially able to be put on in the background while doing other things or even working on other accounts. If you have a prayer pet and blood barrage and know where to stand the only thing you have to worry about is AFK Guard. I also believe this could help balance out the price differential between the Grand Crest pieces. 

Noteable Items

I would like some help here from some of the Ultimate Ironmen players for this one as these players are the main ones effected by this. I've seen multiple players complain about certain items that are not able to be noted at the moment such as Grand Crest Pieces, lamps, and epic crystal keys. At least those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. Task bottles of all varieties are also unable to be noted, as well as zenyte gems and also imbuing stones. Grand Crest Pieces seems to be the main thing UIM players would like to see as a noted feature.

Runecoin Items

Right now I think runecoin's are pretty solid but there are some items I'd like to see added to the runecoin machine. I know not all items should have a runecoin value and this is very niche but I think a few items and pets should be added to this table. I feel as if most of the items that are able to be purchased with runecoins with acceptions to quite a few items should be able to be sold back for a very large fraction of the cost. The main pet I'm talking about is Thermonuclear Smokedevil as most of the other bosses have runecoin value but this pet isn't included. The main runecoin item that can be purchased with runecoins I'd like to see added would be Mystic Lamps as for someone with all 200m's. Mystic lamps are fairly common from Ancient Urns and are quite useless on an account that already maxed skills.

Player Owned Homes

1. Infernal pool would be an awesome addition. I believe it would also need to be the most expensive as it is such a great elixir. Maybe have it to where you need 20 Infernal Elixirs and a Cut Zenyte as this would be a semi decent deterrent for players to make but also worthwhile if they are big into PVM or Raids.
  2. Menagerie for pets is the biggest thing I see a lot of players wanting and rightfully so. Everyone loves to show of their collection of pets and what better way to do it than inside their own home. I believe this may be a tad bit difficult with legendary pets but would be a cool feature for player owned homes. 
  3.  Addition to add PVP armor that has not degraded such as Zuriel's, Vesta etc... into one of the storage units to clear up some bankspace as well as make going for the sets more worth it for Ultimate Iron Men.
  4. Ability to use Cannon or Gilded Cannon in instances that already allow them to be used. The three that can be cannoned at the moment are God Wars Dungeon, Corporeal Beast and Lizardman Shaman. Adding the use of cannon to Player Owned Home portals would be a good addition as the non instanced versions already allow it.
  5. Addition to the Fairy Tree for Infernal Cape runs. I think this should be more expensive than what is already available. For this option you'd have to pay 100M, 500k Tokkul and also a Tokhaar-Kal cape. I think it would be a neat addition and have the Tree look similar to that of the Cursed Items. If not the creator of the Tree you would not have access to this function, but it would be nice for those who want to grind out accessories or the higher tier exchanges for infernal cape.

Quality of Life Updates

1. I could be wrong in saying this but I feel as if the God bow's need a little more balancing as Zamorak Bow is the only one that's really purchased. I've noticed that Zammy bow is also faster than Guthix bow and haven't seen anyone with Saradomin bow so can't speak for that one. I know they each have different stats for different styles of gameplay but believe they could use some slight tweaking.
  2. Platinum Trader is non-iron inclusive and I think a change for that other than darkroot could be using runecoins to purchase the cursed items. Most of the exchanges aren't really worth it but when it comes to Kodai it's easily best in slot and other players have openly said it's a waste to use the trader other than for Cursed Kodai.
  3. Tweaking on the in-game guides as quite a few of the skills with level requirements are off. For example cooking is off as you cannot cook sharks till level 80 but on the in-game guide it states 76. Also a work around for this I feel would be adding the most recent and precise guide on forums be easily accessed by clicking on the corresponding skill if that's a possibility. Could also make this toggleable as some players might not like the setting.
  4. Not sure on if this is possible or not but block players from saying certain words such as racial slurs etc... Instead of a "Chat Filter" just make it so if anything that is not acceptable is typed, the message is deleted and a game message comes up which is unable to be filtered comes up and tells the player to be familiar with the rules and to refrain from such language. I know players can still try and type and work their ways around this but I feel like it would be a good deterrent for most players trying to say certain things.
  5. Addition of Golden Tickets, Skilling Task Tokens, Resource Tokens (not able to deposit/withdraw in wild), Sponsor Tokens and Barbarian Training tokens to the Ultimate Ironman Currency Pouch.
  6. Ability to track total drop rate percentage in game, I don't know where this would be located in all honesty but feel as if it would make sense being added in with the "Show Equipment Stats" slot. I feel like this would be a good addition as most people just have Ralph do math for them.
  7. Magic Damage % tracker as well in the "Show Equipment Stats" interface would be nice, but very niche in my opinion and for most people probably not as wanted as the Drop Rate %.

Anything struck through got added with the most recent update

Thank you for taking your time out to read this and these are just my opinions. I will be updating this quite frequently as I think of more things I'd personally like to see implemented. You don't have to agree or disagree with me but I just thought it was some good food for thought. I'm also more than willing to have some feedback and opinions on a middle ground if some of these options seem overpowered/underpowered, I'd love to compromise.

Love you all ❤️ Huff

Prize Boxes and Ckeys: Agree they were super nerfed and feel so lackluster. It feels like a waste of both time and money to use ckeys without the summer event right now and the voting tickets do not feel worthwhile at all for any of the prize boxes as they just aren't at a level where they feel useful. I'd rather take tokens of some sort than those boxes.

Skilling Pts

1. Would love to see some form of streak system similar to slayer, makes sense and would make the aids-ness of skilling tasks feel less so

2. Interesting idea, never did barbarian skilling so not too sure how it works but from my understanding people over-accumulate the points or tokens, whatever that currency is, and it has no usage past a certain point. 

3. I like the idea of enchanted graceful but I don't know how I feel about the % xp bonus, there are a lot of +xp% items as there is and just recently a new one was added with the implementation of the whole Runex Leaderboards 

4. Agree that the variety feels rather low, I imagine rooftop agility will add to the agility category. Regarding hunter, I would like to see chins as a task too.

5. Maybe they could add the option to "accept wilderness tasks" or something like that, with an added point bonus (once rooftop agility is added, this way wilderness agility is still relevant). If a regular non wildy task is 3 points, a wilderness one could be 4. 

200m Capes:

1. I thought that the combination to 200M Max cape was previously confirmed by Nate but I guess not +1

2. Slightly buffed perks would be pretty cool; I like the construction one for example you gave. I like the community discussion part, allows for a more unique-feel to the server without additions of complicated customs and what not

Skilling Pets:

1. Agree that the pets seem rare as fuck, in my time playing I don't believe I've ever seen someone get a drop for the runecrafting or mining pets. Would love to see a slight drop rate increase so that they're more obtainable but not common as fuck items as well.

2. I like this idea actually, perhaps a slight % boost while doing the certain skill? Woodcutting pet for example can provide a 2% bonus. Seems pretty cool and a way to make the item more than just a clue requirement or rune coins.

Daily Leaderboards:

Don't know how to feel about this idea as I feel like weekly is good as it is but daily could encourage more interaction so it's a little both ways to me. I could see it being 3 pts for first, 2 for second, 1 for 3rd though or something along those lines. Perhaps the daily leaderboard could be more specific than the weekly leaderboard (i.e. gems cut, black dragons killed, slayer mobs killed, etc.)

Voting Streaks:

I like the idea to be honest but reward wise I'm not sure what to suggest. I feel like the voting daily itself is a good incentive to vote but a small scaling could encourage more frequent voting so I see your point. 

Chamber of Xeric:

No comment, don't raid enough to know so don't wanna give retarded reasoning.

Game Chat Filter:

Thought this was coming too from my understanding but yeah definitely want to see this implemented, I want to see people get drops but I don't want to see that the impling didn't get in my net. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Uim Safi said:

3. I like the idea of enchanted graceful but I don't know how I feel about the % xp bonus, there are a lot of +xp% items as there is and just recently a new one was added with the implementation of the whole Runex Leaderboards 

Sorry should've explained a bit more and mentioned that this would be an agility only % experience bonus and not one for all skills.

6 hours ago, Huff said:

Sorry should've explained a bit more and mentioned that this would be an agility only % experience bonus and not one for all skills.

Even then, I feel like that would only really benefit primes or someone who wants 200m exp in agility

Not sure how close supreme get to 99 during the graceful grind but I'm fairly certain normal and hard both get 99. 

2 hours ago, Safi said:

Even then, I feel like that would only really benefit primes or someone who wants 200m exp in agility

Not sure how close supreme get to 99 during the graceful grind but I'm fairly certain normal and hard both get 99. 

It's for the clout mostly plus I just really enjoy the design. Plus with the addition of 200m capes more players want to achieve that goal. Hard doesn't get 99 during the grind and I think Jenkem only got 99 cause I purchased two graceful tops on accident. Thats with just basic xp boosts without using skiller tokens, catalysts, or mystics.

4 hours ago, Huff said:

It's for the clout mostly plus I just really enjoy the design. Plus with the addition of 200m capes more players want to achieve that goal. Hard doesn't get 99 during the grind and I think Jenkem only got 99 cause I purchased two graceful tops on accident. Thats with just basic xp boosts without using skiller tokens, catalysts, or mystics.

I mean I like the design too I just feel like by the time most people achieve the actual set that the Enchanted Graceful would just be fashionscape at that point. I get what your saying though and I would most likely go for it on my UIM and I'd imagine more people would too once rooftops are introduced. 

It's like a +.5 just cause of the set bonus being kinda iffy to me if that makes sense

On 5/30/2019 at 9:56 AM, Huff said:

Prize Box and Crystal Keys

I did over 1500 keys during the winter event, got 1 rare. + 1

Skilling Points

1. Yes
2. No, way better possible uses for barbarian tokens.
3. Just make graceful give an exp boost at that point.
4. Skilling tasks need a rework, they are either aids or OP.
5. Why not.

200M Experience Capes

1. Yes.
2. Yes, almost like someone made a detailed post listing why the 200m cape perks are shit and a good replacement.

Skilling Pets

1. Yes.
2. Not while they are tradable.

Daily Leaderboards

- 1 The current leaderboards are fine, we don't need daily ones as well.

Voting Streaks

+ 1

Chambers of Xerics

1. + 1 @Ralph was the one who signed off on the Xerics loot, blame him. I was the ToB man ;)
2. Didn't know this was the bug report section boi

Game Chat Filter

+ 1

God Wars Dungeon

Godwars bosses are just crap in general. This change would ruin godwars completely. 

Runecoin Items

The thermy pet was just missed out, not really something to suggest, rather just tell Nate.
The mystic lamps, give them a 5 rc value, nothing more. They were added as an experience gaining method, If you've got 200m all stats, maybe you shoulda played a harder mode. What is it that literally everyone says when primes or ironmen complain about something, you chose your mode, live with it? etc 😜 

Noteable Items

Bug report.

Player Owned Homes

1. - 1 Letting everyone have a free infernal elixir every day would be terrible.
2. Yes
3. Sure
4. No.  They were removed as to not make instances too overpowered. 
5. - 1 unnecessary addition

Quality of Life Updates

1. + 1
2.  These items should have never shipped with stat increases. Nate even said that the content isn't for ironmen. There needs to be some form of reasonable way ironmen can obtain those items.
3. Remove the guides and link them to a guide on the forums.
4. We don't need a profanity filter, we have staff to mute people. No-one is going to die from seeing the N word or some other stuff. If they are actually offended, they can report it and the player gets punished. A chat filter would make the staff get too lazy/relaxed and players would just bypass it, N1....
5. + 1 on all except the sponsor tokens. 99% of UIMs will never be sponsor, having it in the bag will just annoy them. 
6. Yes
7. Yes.

• Like 1

@Logical Thanks for the feedback, and I feel you a lot on some of the points you brought up. 

7 hours ago, Iron Logic said:

A chat filter would make the staff get too lazy/relaxed and players would just bypass it, N1....

This point is true for the bypassing but I don't necessairly agree with it making the staff relaxed or lazy as it's just something else to look out compared to now they just look for racist remarks but I really don't think it'd be that hard to implement into the game.

3. Remove the guides and link them to a guide on the forums.

Agreed to this, I did already have it wrote out but I agree this would make things a lot easier.

4. No.  They were removed as to not make instances too overpowered. 

Don't believe it would be overpowered honestly when there's a 30 second respawn timer and I only suggested it for rooms that already allow the use of cannons.

Bug report.

Not a bug as not all items can be noted regardless, I.E. untradeables. A bug would imply that it would have been intended to be noted in the first place, so it's a suggestion.

The thermy pet was just missed out, not really something to suggest, rather just tell Nate.
The mystic lamps, give them a 5 rc value, nothing more. They were added as an experience gaining method, If you've got 200m all stats, maybe you shoulda played a harder mode. What is it that literally everyone says when primes or ironmen complain about something, you chose your mode, live with it? etc 😜 

With runecoin boxes being a thing I didn't mean just lamps was just an example. Other items I'd mention would be rings of greed, elixir formulas, ring of vigour. If you get a duplicate of any of these items at the moment your only real option is to drop it. I know the 200m all stats was very niche but was simply an example.

2. No, way better possible uses for barbarian tokens.

On 5/29/2019 at 7:56 PM, Huff said:

I'm also more than willing to have some feedback and opinions on a middle ground if some of these options seem overpowered/underpowered, I'd love to compromise.

Got any suggestions for a better possible use, I know that multiple have been stated but clearly none are being used or even in the works to my knowledge. My whole point for making this was mainly to open up some chat about certain things even though most idea's may be very niche. I'd rather get some compromise on ideas on what to do with them rather than just saying what you said. I'd love more of a response on this as all your other feedback was very well put but this one just seemed lack luster and I know you got better than just that simple comment 😎

On 5/29/2019 at 6:56 PM, Huff said:

The only change I'd really like to see with this is to slightly boost xeric's chest loot. Right now I feel as if Theaters of Blood have a better drop table when it comes to common drops such as bags of riches, elixirs, runecoin bags etc... I just feel like it would be nice to have just a little more variety on the common tables as I feel like 90% of the time I just get planks and cannonballs.

In my opinion ToB should give a lot better loot than CoX.

CoX takes a lot less time than ToB, even considering different gear and party sizes.

I think buffing it to have higher amounts of higher tier skilling supplies would be good, but I don't think it should be nearly as good as ToB loot is.

Just now, Ralph said:

In my opinion ToB should give a lot better loot than CoX.

CoX takes a lot less time than ToB, even considering different gear and party sizes.

I think buffing it to have higher amounts of higher tier skilling supplies would be good, but I don't think it should be near as good as ToB loot is.

It shouldn't be as good, but I don't think people who are raiding want the loot to be mostly skilling supplies. Adding a few things like a bag of riches, not the rare 3 bags, would be nice.
I legit do 1 solo CoX and when I see the loot I'd be better off afking black demons. 

Also @Huff Sorry for the less than ideal feedback, was trying to knock all the posts out and got a little tired towards the end :P

Chat Filter: I think the addition of a chat filter would be good on the surface level as it would prevent people from saying certain words. But when you look in to it, those people don't get punished, so if they truly are hateful, racist etc it will be immensely harder for the staff to catch and punish them. 
I also dislike chat filters due to the possibility of over use down the line and in this day of sensitive teenagers it's a little pandering. 

Cannon in Instances: I was a driving force in the addition of these instances, Ryan made the decision to remove them for some reason, I believe it was to create balance between the instance and the non instance, meaning that if you want to be the most efficient, you'd have to use the non instance with faster respawns and a cannon, but if you want privacy and to not get crashed you use an instance. I don't mind if they get added back to instances because I'd benefit from that, I just believe that if Ryan made the decision to remove them, he had a good reason.

Notable Items: Boi you and I both know you only added this to get an extra point for the event ;) It probably isn't bug report worthy, but it also isn't a suggestion, suggestions are something for Ryan and Nate to think about adding. Noting those items such as task bottles is an essential thing that UIMs need to be able to do.

Runecoin Boxes: Personally I believe if someone wants to go the pay to win route they have to live with it. If you get a duplicate item you'll just have to hold on to it until it one day has a new use. And I say this as someone who bought an extra elixir formula by mistake. I'd benefit from making the items runecoinable, but I don't think it would be the right addition. 

Barbarian Tokens: I suggested long ago that we add a shop for these and even more recently I suggested adding barbarian themed skilling outfits for some of the skills we don't have experience boosting gear in that match the barbarian skills, like herblore and fletching. 

• Like 1