Kong

Runex forum event [OFFICIAL]

Runex - The Best Economy RSPS!

RUNEX FORUM EVENT

Hey RuneX community, we will be hosting a forum event on the forums from May 29th to June 7th. The way this event will work is: throughout the period, any player who makes a reply to this thread, following the guidelines found below, becomes eligible for a chance to win. A player will receive an in-game reward if selected. Also, each member of staff will pick their favorite reply.

How it works:

During the given period any forum post following the criteria of this post will be eligible to enter.
There are 4 questions which must be answered:

1) What is your favourite aspect of RuneX?

2) What has been your favourite update here on RuneX?

3) What is your favourite memory that you've made here on RuneX? 

4) How did you find out about RuneX?

• All entries must be replies to this thread.
  • Spamming multiple replies will lead to disqualification. 
  • All replies must follow the rules and MUST NOT contain any profanity or any content which may instigate any altercations.
  • Please do not post anything unrelated to this event below, it will be removed.

Rewards:

There are 2 categories of winners,

Winners in this catagory will be randomly selected for receive a prize of:

• First Place: 5,000,000 platinum tokens (5b)
  • Second Place: 2,500,000 platinum tokens (2.5b)
  • Third Place: 1,000,000 platinum tokens (1b)

Staff Favorites:

• Kong: 1,000,000 platinum tokens (1b)
  • James: 1,000,000 platinum tokens (1b)
  • Castleman: 1,000,000 platinum tokens (1b)
  • Klein: 1,000,000 platinum tokens (1b)
  • Ralph: 1,000,000 platinum tokens (1b)
  • Huff: 1,000,000 platinum tokens (1b)
  • Solo: 1,000,000 platinum tokens (1b)
  • Pr ime: 1,000,000 platinum tokens (1b)

I hope everyone enjoys this event.

Special thanks to:
@Ryan, for supplying me with the money to host this event.

• Like 1

1) What is your favourite aspect of RuneX? My favourite aspect of RuneX has to be the staffzone thrones, top notch addition. 

2) What has been your favourite update here on RuneX? My favourite update on RuneX has to be the CoX update, hours before the update people were crowding at home in raids gear just waiting for it. That was dope.

3) What is your favorite memory that you've made here on RuneX? My favourite memory has to be fucking around with multiple people going out of the map from ::meet and exploring new areas, having tons of laughs on the way

4) How did you find out about RuneX? I was smuggled into the beta of it thanks to my old friend, who at the time was staff on spk (Only people who got into the RuneX beta). Good times. So did my friend Nate aka Primal aka the realest nigga on RuneX. #FreePrimal

Edited by Roger
  • Like 1

1) What is your favourite aspect of RuneX? For me my favorite aspect of the server would have to be the community. Everyone in the server is thanks to this and I'm glad to spend my time with everyone even though we all might not see eye to eye all the time ❤️ 

2) What has been your favourite update here on RuneX? My favorite update would have to be the addition of boss portals especially since Ironmen didn't have to sacrifice a pet nor pay the money per instance. It made bossing a lot easier for myself as Ironmen can't get drops if someone else even touches the boss.

3) What is your favorite memory that you've made here on RuneX? Favorite memory would have to be getting promoted but other than that it would be getting a Kodai Wand loot from a solo normal raid :D 

4) How did you find out about RuneX? I found out about Runex through a friend, he mentioned it had a rock solid Ironman mode and had me sold after that. Since then he's quit as has all of the other friends I started out with but I'm not leaving as I've found my home when it comes to servers. 

• Like 1

1) What is your favourite aspect of RuneX? Socalising in help chat and genuinely having a laugh. As silly as the chat can get and as flame worthy and harsh it gets at times, it's always a good laugh and everyone for the most part knows where the line sits and doesn't aggressively go after people.

2) What has been your favourite update here on RuneX? Skilling tasks, updated NPC thieving table. Has made my ironman worth remaking.

3) What is your favorite memory that you've made here on RuneX? I met Jake & Adam and spoke to them quite a bit, they really made my days a lot better when my depression was at its worse. I still don't often get out of my room or house, so having those two to cheer me up and make my days a bit brighter, really meant a-lot.

4) How did you find out about RuneX? I was scrolling through Runelocus around a year or so ago and decided to jump on and give it a try and I'm now hooked and can't seem to quit or ever take a break longer then a night.

• Like 1

The variety of content and how easy it is to learn the more difficult content.  Essentially there is always something to do.

I was a big fan of the addition of master clues.  This brought a whole new level of goals to attain.

3) What is your favorite memory that you've made here on RuneX? 

Starting my ironman account and getting Molten Boots on 1KC of Chambers of Xeric!

I watched a video from Sohan a long time ago about the server and found it very interesting!

• Like 1

1) What is your favourite aspect of RuneX? The dead economy
2) What has been your favourite update here on RuneX? Definitely the void bug

3) What is your favorite memory that you've made here on RuneX? Bullying kids @ maze
4) How did you find out about RuneX? Idk

• Like 1

1) What is your favourite aspect of RuneX? Whenever content is released, the hype around it is the best. 

2) What has been your favourite update here on RuneX? Raids. Being able to raid consistently and frequently with people brings friends together. Adding the contest leaderboards also brings the competitive aspects to the game. 

3) What is your favorite memory that you've made here on RuneX? Watching @Kong get dropped while drunk for max mage back in the day.

4) How did you find out about RuneX? Searching RuneLocus for a server to play and seeing the content that was advertised, it made me want to play instantly. 

• Haha 2

1) What is your favourite aspect of RuneX? The Community and Flow it got, how well the players get along ...Not saying there some negatives one in there as well , other then that the community and players are nice , friendly.... including staffs team.

2) What has been your favourite update here on RuneX? Well only been playing 2-3 months so outta that time ...I would say Easter Event and the Toplist board in-game.

3) What is your favorite memory that you've made here on RuneX? Getting a twisted bow on my raid 106 count ;)

4) How did you find out about RuneX? Toplist site , Also watch a few youtube videos ..*forget the yt channel name*.

• Like 1

1) What is your favourite aspect of RuneX? Making fun of Kong

2) What has been your favourite update here on RuneX?  KQ in VIP zone

3) What is your favorite memory that you've made here on RuneX? i lost my nan in deep wildy

4) How did you find out about RuneX? Kong logged into spawnpk, and lure me to his cave, and raped me to dead. Then i spawned on Runex

• Haha 2

1) What is your favorite aspect of RuneX?

My favorite aspect about RuneX is its personal touch or the unique item / content it has. Usually servers go with no customs or full customs. Here, i see a good balance of both. The elixirs, the rune coin machine, the enchantment chest, the task bottles, the achievement system, the list keeps going on and on. The most surprising thing i've noticed on this server is the cash sink, its just spot on. In my 10+ years of playing RSPS's, never have i seen a server with a decent player base, mostly PVM and been online for at least a couple years get this right. In fact, all most all servers have inflation but we have the complete opposite, we need to address it but the system in place by Dev's and the management in this regarding is applaudable.

2) What has been your favorite update here on RuneX?

I've been here for only one update, at least after i rejoined. So, the leaderboards is definitely something i love and have been actively taking part in so far. Real neat and covers most of the activities in-game. Apart from this, the blast mining, good lord, am on prime mode so.. you can already imagine 😛 

When i started playing again, i really loved the rune coins machine and the grind of 55k rune coins to get Bryophyta's staff and Zamorak Bow was just one of a kind. And to my surprise, when i almost had the rune coins for both, the store had both the items unlocked and i was really hyped, haha. Oh, then i had to unlock the store.. that's another story haha but ye i can never forget this.

It was definitely YouTube. Sadly, i don't really remember on whose channel or what kind of video but when i saw it, i was like wait I've played this server before and i came on here, recovered my account and been here from like a month now and really enjoying it so far.

• Like 3

I personally enjoy most aspect of the games, from skilling to pvm to completing achievements, but if I had to pick one aspect of RuneX I would definitely pick the social aspect of the game. Sure, there is always the toxic people in the clan chat, but if you take your time to talk to someone who is skilling or raiding with you, generally they'll be very nice to you. If they're further into the game than you, you might learn a thing or two from them, and if you're further ahead you might teach them a thing or two. I don't know about you, but I've certainly made quite a few friends playing this server, and that's why the social aspect of the game is my favourite.

I haven't been around that long to actually have witnessed the update, but my favourite content in the game is definitely raids 1 & 2, and I think those were probably the two best updates the server has ever had.

Well, I've played this game twice on two separated occasions on two different accounts, so I'll have to pick two memories. The first one is from when I played this game for the first time, and after a week of daily moneymaking activities I went gambling with like 300m and turned that into a blowpipe (which was 8-10b back then). I think that's the most fun I've ever had on this server. The second memory is quite recent, which is when I got a dragon warhammer on my Ironman after hitting the drop table 8 times and getting 8 pets.  

I found RuneX for the first time on the RuneLocus toplist.

• Like 1

1) What is your Favourite aspect of RuneX?

Lava Wagtails and flowerpoker

Lava Wagtails buff

Getting grand crest piece 1 from lava chest

SohanRS

• Like 1

Definitely the community, as everyone is always interactive.  The casual conversations in help chat are always enjoyable.

The weekly/monthly leaderboards were an amazing update, as it provides more incentive for various activities and provides a reason to kill some bosses that otherwise wouldn't be killed.

I was high as fuck at kharazi jungle trying to build up over there.  I had an addy hasta and like 4 food, and saw another dude who had jack shit.  I accidentally clicked on him and we started fighting, but both did no damage.  After like three minutes of hitting jack shit, we both just agreed to fuck off.

Big daddy Vihtic's youtube.

• Like 1

1) What is your favourite aspect of RuneX? It's gotta be the progressing my ironman. THe ironman mode of runex is soooo goooood. theres always something I can do to progress my character. 

2) What has been your favourite update here on RuneX? Runecoin system. Adds value to items that are not necessary on my ironman

3) What is your favorite memory that you've made here on RuneX?  Emole event

4) How did you find out about RuneX? Simon youtube vids.

• Like 1

I think the favourite is that the community is pretty active due the fact, you can make friends very easily and do alot of stuff together! And the staff team ❤️.

I don't have one favourite I like the updates we have to keep the game consistent and flowing.

I think making some new buddies over the time. (don't have one in particular)

4) How did you find out about RuneX?

In 2017 I found it via Rsps Toplist and back in januari I came back because of Prime Simon's video.

• Like 2

1) What is your favorite aspect of RuneX? I Love How Religious Runex is the God Ryan I Will always bow for that true born leader!! But on a real note my favorite aspect of RuneX is active staff who truly do go out of there way for people! The #1 in my book is  @Castleman  always active and super kind.

2) What has been your favourite update here on RuneX? Personally I've Really Enjoyed seeing leaderboard rewards for weekly/monthly bossing I Plan to be the best.

3) What is your favorite memory that you've made here on RuneX?  Learning To Do raids one for first time! Mutadile Fought Well and Let's just say it took forever to figure out he changes between range/melee depending on how close you are. (should be common sense but I never said I had that).

4) How did you find out about RuneX? ZachTX YouTube Channel Really didn't like most custom servers and veered from them but this one I fell in love with

Even if I don't win anything I will say the community is great but can't wait for better eco!

• Like 1

The community even tho some people are quite toxic some times. But its mostly friendly.

Staff team updates, I did not like the old staff team at all too much favoritism. Also content updates like abyssal sire are really nice!

Way too high kc at zulrah without real drops and then getting bp from mystery chest.

I think it was either some video on youtube or just scrolling trought rsps lists.

• Like 1

What is your favourite aspect of Runex?

-My favourite aspect about Runex is that there is so much content. You can be constantly doing something and never get bored. And the updates are always packed with new stuff to do that never gets old. 

What has been your favourite update here on Runex?

I thinks raids was my favourite update. It brought a lot more content and things to grind for into the game and made the community more active and caused people to work together and cheer for one another when someone gets a good reward.

What is your favourite memory that you've made here on Runex?

Both getting evoid or making friends with people at wildy agility. Or giving noobs starting gear and watching them get all happy and excited.

How did you find out abour Runex?

Was bored after college back in winter of 2017 one day and googled rsps and saw this one had lots of people online and looked like something I can play a lot. And I've been here ever since that day.

• Like 2

My favorite aspect is definitely the tight-knit community and willingness of an abundance of players to help whenever needed.

The seasonal events; brings the community together further and switches it up from the normal grinds.

Getting my DWH drop on like 3.5k shaman kills... lol

I usually go pages deep in the toplists looking for a server that fits my criteria well so I'm assuming finding this server was no different

• Like 1

I’ve had a lot of favourite aspects of RuneX through my time playing and it’s always changed every few updates. My favourite aspect of RuneX that’s I’ve stuck to is probably the grind needed for completionist cape, at least made 40+ days playtime depending on mode and if you only grind for it. It’s always been fun trying to complete some of those extremely grinding achievements despite how annoyed and angry I get I still push myself to do them. Also Ryan adding achievements just when your almost at completionist doesn’t help but always keeps the grind going :P.

Probably when Ryan insta added my note paper idea a few days after uim was released which helped a lot of Ultimate Ironman players and made the gameplay more enjoyable by being able to note items as we couldn’t originally! I believe this also furthered to help newer UIM players and current UIM players at that time. Also helped me a lot when I was on my UIM

I’ve made a lot of memories on RuneX a fair few of them are on my signature, but if I had to pick one it’d most likely be with @Dragon Paws when we both bored one day and we’re sending each other memes while doing whatever we were doing then on RuneX, and we both at the exact same time with a second to split sent each other the same Meme Compilation video.

And making people hate me for getting 100k bm from a sack & then 250m coins from a bag, back to back.

I played SpawnPK starting from early 2016 and I took a break near early 2017 due to school and when I cameback I noticed Ryan had created RuneX :D.

Edited by Vise
  • Like 1

My favorite aspect about Runex is how far the game has come from when I first started playing it. Ryan and Ramzi have made great strides in moving the game forward into the future and I'm ever-so-slightly excited to see what comes next.

My favorite update would have to be the enchantment chest, Chambers of Xeric or the Inferno. The enchantment chest brought so many different possibilities for gear, tokens and many endgame possibilities. Chambers of Xeric because everyone on the server that was highly geared and even low-tier noobs geared to attempt it. We all had fun sharing different gear ideas and the friendly competition for becoming the first to complete a raid in-game was phenomenal. 
The Runex Inferno is one of the best pieces of content added to the game. It's not overwhelmingly hard but it is still a challenge. The fast attacking Jad threw many of us off when it released.

I've had many memories on Runex but my favorite would have to be meeting one of my best friends on here. I've had many friends throughout the years, many irl ones also but her and I just click and understand eachother. Every day is fresh and we always have things to talk about and always have games to play :) 

This is a bit of a funny story actually. I was bouncing between servers with my buddy Jared and I decided to give up on the search because nothing seemed like it was good to me. I ended up getting a message from him to play Runex with him and his whole reason for why he picked Runex was because when he clicked the compass the camera faced North :P 

• Like 3

It would have to be part of the grind for certain items/custom items in game [As an ironman] even though some weaponry and armour is very overpowered in certain areas of the game, it's still overly FUN, on top of that the feeling of getting said item after grinding/working for it for so long. [even if it takes months]

Anything to do with kharazi, it's 1 of my favorite parts of runex so any additional things to grind for or to play around with is always a nice sight for me. [at least sixty in-game days playtime in kharazi btw]

It has to be all of the memes created by myself and others around runex and the community, always gives me a laugh no matter what mood i'm in.

Honestly it was so long ago it's not clear as to how i first joined but with how I usually find servers it would have to been a recommendation from a friend on RS3, even though they may play any longer or be here with us anymore, i still play it non-stop, and i usually only play server for 1-2 months, but here I am, 2-3 years later still playing and having fun

• Like 2

My favorite part of this server by any level is community and that's what really makes or breaks a server to me. I will simply not continue playing a server if I feel the community is not what I'd like to see. While we pretend to be toxic and flame each other over trivial things it's all with love and with a general sense of respect for one another. No other server can say the same because no other server has a community that is able to take an insult and understand it's not meant in a negative way but rather as banter. 

I liked the addition of implings. One of the greatest additions I've seen thus far because of all the non-combat wealth its brought into the game whether this be through resources or through the various rune coinables. 

While there are many moments I've enjoyed on this server, my particular favorite moment was when I first met @siah by agreeing that the black chest at the fiyr shade daily should be renamed into the chest of color. Through a small bit of joking I made one of my closest friends and that speaks a lot about the experiences one has on this server.

Honestly, I used one of those RSPS top lists to find a server that was ranked fairly high (at the time I believe Runex was in the top 500 or something like that) and then gave the community a test by just doing what I do. I enjoyed the community and saw it was at the time relatively small so I knew there was time to leave my mark on how certain banter was accepted. 

• Like 3

1) What is your favourite aspect of Runex?

My favourite aspect of Runex has to be one of the worst things for the server in general. The sheer AFKability of Runex.  All my life I have enjoyed 'Idle' games, that essentially boil down to AFKing and watching a number go up. 
With the combination of the grand mystery bag and a prayer pet, I have been able to just AFK most of my time on Runex to collect stacked supplies and get high kill counts. 

Unfortunately this isn't very healthy for the economy, as we can see from the price of skilling supplies, and Kyle. 

2) What has been your favourite update on Runex?

Runex has had a lot of amazing updates, each of them adding to the overall experience that I love. But If I had to pick one, or 2 really, it would be both of the raids updates. The amount of excitement in the air and the race to be the first team to complete them was so amazing. My team won both times by the way ;) I promise Ryan didn't kill Verzik for us..

3) What is your favourite memory made on Runex?

It may seem like a cop out, but my favourite memory on Runex would be the time I spent as staff. The best parts of which being the friends I made both within and outside of the staff team and being that person that members of the community would come to when they had issues or just wanted to talk to someone. Regardless of how that time ended, it was an amazing experiences from beginning to end, minus a day or two :,) 

4) How did you find out about Runex?

I actually found Runex soon after its public launch through searching servers with low vote counts on one of the top-lists. I played as a prime named Logic. I was 40 defence and was lucky enough to get a DFS from the crystal chest. However, when that happened I thought Runex to be unbalanced since they handed a DFS to a level 50 and quit.

A while later, my friend, the original Logic, told me about this cool new server releasing it's ironman mode and it had 3x experience. Logic and I were very competitive, only playing servers with low experience rates and ironman to compete against each-other. So I jumped at the chance to show Logic how inefficient he was;

QyUPl0i.png
mRxYLNA.png

• Like 2

My FAVORITE (muriica) aspect of RuneX is the constant updates and additions to the game, always adding things for players to grind for.

My FAVORITE (Bald Eagle Flys in) update would have to be the addition of weekly competitions. To be quite fair I am fairly new to the server, so I haven't been around for the introduction of majority of the updated.

My favorite (now hold up, why is this one spelled differently from the rest boi) would have to be when I got b2b rare drops from demonic gorillas. 

I found out about RuneX from scrolling through the TopG site.

• Like 1