Iron Logic

Forums Activity Discussion

Simple premise, those of you who don't use the forums much [Everyone], what would make you more likely to view posts, create posts and post on other players posts? 

Personally I like the idea of adding in ranking and achievements* based on forums activity, posts and reputation. 

*Not necessarily in-game achievement, but not 100% opposed to the idea.

Edited by Iron Logic
  • Like 1

I believe you had tossed this idea in staffchat a while back and i agree with it as much now as i did then. I will toss this into Ryan's ear again. 

17 hours ago, Iron Logic said:

Simple premise, those of you who don't use the forums much [Everyone], what would make you more likely to view posts, create posts and post on other players posts? 

Personally I like the idea of adding in ranking and achievements* based on forums activity, posts and reputation. 

*Not necessarily in-game achievement, but not 100% opposed to the idea.

I like the idea of post activity ranking, might make some more liveliness on forums

The idea of adding forums ranks based on in game achievements - possibly but I feel like that still may not be enough

This community just seems so separated from the forums compared to every other rsps I've played, I feel like those who do try to get active are disabled by the fact that like 4 people use the forums (you, Ryan for the update post, Kong and the occasional staff member for tickets)

I personally don't like our push to discord. 

I feel like the owners/dev's are pushing everything to discord as it's a easy of use for them. 

I don't mind discord, but I think it's a terrible platform for the suggestions and discussion of things. 

I really feel that if ryan/nate would start focusing on dev blogs and discussing future updates of runex on forums, it could easily become more acitive. It all comes down to how the owners and staff team utilize it. It has nothing to do with the regular player base. 

A majority of suggestions just get tossed into discord, our market is purely on discord, our donations(osrs gp) and everything else has been moved over to discord.

I think it's more a laziness thing on Ryan's and nate's side of thing. 

I favor forums a lot more then discord. I don't like being limited to like 200 characters, back when Nate asked for ideas on future content... I didn't know there was a character limit, so my ass typed out this long list while on lunch on my phone. Sent it, and it wouldn't post... I think that was the line for me.

Hopefully forums gets the revive it needs. It all comes down to the staff and owners.

2 hours ago, touched said:

I really feel that if ryan/nate would start focusing on dev blogs and discussing future updates of runex on forums, it could easily become more acitive. It all comes down to how the owners and staff team utilize it. It has nothing to do with the regular player base. 

I've said it before, I'll say it again - the lack of interaction with Ryan and Nate on the forums is also discouraging; imagine if Nate or Ryan periodically gave input to suggestions or commented on progress posts, etc. 

I have to say, I've noticed that they have increased forums activity in suggestions since I last said this (I don't recall where, possibly on Discord) but there still is room for improvement. Of course, this is also double edged because for them to be more interactive the forums need more content for them to interact with and instead, like you said, the Discord gets that interaction via the "Suggestions" section and even the "Market" section -both which are insanely more active than the forums. 

• Like 1

See as this is an IPS forum. There are several mods/hooks that can be installed that would, in my opinion boost activity. For example, you can easily set up a system for activity rewards for forums and even for in-game. I have seen this done on several other servers where staff made a list of the available rewards and you would apply to those in-game rewards that you felt you deserved and staff would review and give out as it is required.

You could also update these rank images for posting, once you reach I believe 50 posts, which is default, you stay stuck at "Advanced Member". These should be updated to something more modern and unique. No need to go crazy and make rank images for it, although you definitely could, I do not believe that much is necessary. You could also integrate forums and in-game together and add a loyalty shop to the in-game, maybe cosmetics and skilling supplies? Throw out some ideas on that bit, but anywho, By doing that you could gain loyalty points based on the amount of posts you make on the forums. Say the default is 10 points per post? I believe this would prompt players to post more on the forums specially those players who like to hoard everything they can in-game, and we all know a few of those. 

Also, another idea would be to get a staff member, or the team itself into making events of a sort and getting the players involved with the forums in a way. Maybe make a goal of such and such player gets such and such posts by such and such time gets such and such reward or invites this many players to the forums or makes this type of suggestion, I mean the list is endless. So many ways to get involved with the forums.

But I feel a BIG way to get the forums involved with the server, now that discord is here and about, is get the higher ups involved with the community. People love love love to hear from the higher ups, to converse with the higher ups. Ryan, Ramzi and Nate. I know its most likely impossible but its a nice thought. 

• Like 1

I used to be fairly active on several different forums - I was supposed to make a goals thread like last week but never got around to it - however I often see the same few people commenting and posting with a few random members scattered about. The new background was a nice touch (looks a lot nicer imo) but there's always more that can be done.

Servers that I used to be active on would always have the forum achievements, if you can call them that, with the different ranks for amount posted - obviously there'll need to be a minimum amount of characters typed per post as to not allow people to get some nice looking rank on forums just because.

Rewards would also be a good touch to try and improve forum productivity - but not ones that would overly impact the game, perhaps even titles on the forum for a suggestion that makes it into the game - a big one that's actually a draw to the server not like making spawn times of certain monsters quicker. There could also be Forum-based competitions such as signature designs or something random like 'best joke wins X' 

Lastly would of course be a dedicated Forum moderator - I've checked the staff list and haven't seen one, unless it hasn't been updated for a while.

think these sound like good ideas to up forum activity. as mentioned above, I believe discord takes away from some of the discussion that is generally on the forums, however I have never been big into discord myself

I really would enjoy some more post rankings with custom gfx for them for like 250 posts, 500, 1000, etc

Eh, -1. Forum activity comes with more players, there shouldn't be incentives, it just encourages spammy posts and forum whores who do nothing to contribute.

I wouldn't be opposed to incentives for making good guides though since there's so much undocumented content in the game. 

17 minutes ago, Meeze said:

Eh, -1. Forum activity comes with more players, there shouldn't be incentives, it just encourages spammy posts and forum whores who do nothing to contribute.

I wouldn't be opposed to incentives for making good guides though since there's so much undocumented content in the game. 

What?

Our forums has less activity than servers with 10 players. No amount of player base increase will solve the issue because we have what, 500 players? and only 5 active on the forums. 

There hasn't even been any real 'incentives' proposed other than titles and achievements, which I don't see how anyone can be against. 

Any form of spamming would be handled by the forum moderator/s.