Vintage

Completionist Cape Buffs

Hey there

Last night I was the 3rd active player to achieve the completionist cape - the reward for maxing stats and completing all achievements.

The stats for the comp cape are +3 all attack, +6 all defense, +1 strength and +2 prayer compared to the standard max cape.

However, in the time it takes to achieve the comp cape (took me 61 days in game time, the quickest out of the 3 current comp capes in game), players will have almost certainly purchased one of the upgraded max capes (i.e infernal max cape). These upgraded max capes are more viable to use in end game content even though they can be obtained with only a few days of play time.

I suggest the completionist cape should be customisable like the max capes are (using god capes, infernal cape, vorkath's head, etc) and have the stats scale by the same amount the normal comp cape is compared to the normal max cape.

I would also like to see a grand completionist cape in the enchantment chest in the same way there is a grand max cape, using the same ingredients except using an infernal comp cape instead of infernal max cape.

Achieving the completionist cape is such a massive, time consuming and expensive grind, the reward shouldn't be inferior to capes you can make within a couple of days.

Obviously these changes won't cater to the vast majority of the server; there are only 3 active in game with 3 or 4 coming very close to achieving it within the next few weeks. However, making the comp cape viable in end game use would be a great reward to those who dedicate so much time playing the game.

Please leave any thoughts or feedback below ❤️

• Like 2

Absolutely agree. With that kind of dedication to completing the grind you should be rewarded as such. 

I had the idea of maybe making it so that infernal, imbued god cape, and assembler to be combined with a minor fee of 1b gp to make the best cape in the game. Highest stats of each cape made into one. 

Just an idea though, but the cape should be #1 option for any instance.

• Like 1

W0w only suggesting buffs when you get it, heading my shake.

I think this cape should be buffed in the following ways;

1. Allow them to be upgraded to the high end max cape variants such as infernal, god capes, vorkath head etc.
    These would be made by using a max cape variant on a completionist cape. I.E Infernal max cape + completionist cape = Infernal comp cape. 
  2. Grand completionist cape should be made the same was, by combining a grand max cape with a completionist cape. Simply adding an enchantment for a grand completionist cape kinda takes away from the grand max cape. This way we can have both grand max capes and grand completionist capes that require the same enchantment to obtain. 

Overall, I give this suggestion a -1. 
Until I get a completionist cape that is. 

8 minutes ago, Vintage said:

(took me 61 days in game time, the quickest out of the 3 current comp capes in game)

Bumble Hrag.

• Like 1

It's nothing but Support from me.
It is no secret that the comp cape is genuinely not worth the time it takes to grind for it, yes it's basically an achievement cape to say you've completed everything the RuneX has to offer, but the holders of such a cape need to be rewarded in a much better way.

I also agree with the Grand Comp Cape suggestion, with there being a grand max cape, there should be a grand comp cape also.
(But it should just be a cosmetic look of the comp cape, same as it is with the meteorite cape, no stat boosts etc)

@Logical's suggestion for adding max capes would be a good idea, but would void the suggestion I am stating below.

I suggest that it should be a cape that manages all 3 styles like the meteorite cape is, just a little better though.

The stats of Meteorite cape: 2j5carc.png

I suggest:

• +3 to the attack stats and a +2 to the defensive stats.
  • A 2.5% magic damage bonus (which the meteorite cape doesn't have)
  • A +1 strength bonus
  • A +2 Prayer bonus
  • A +2 Range bonus

This would make the cape the best all-around cape.

Let me know if you feel these stats should be different or any sort of changes.

15 minutes ago, James said:

It's nothing but Support from me.
It is no secret that the comp cape is genuinely not worth the time it takes to grind for it, yes it's basically an achievement cape to say you've completed everything the RuneX has to offer, but the holders of such a cape need to be rewarded in a much better way.

I also agree with the Grand Comp Cape suggestion, with there being a grand max cape, there should be a grand comp cape also.
(But it should just be a cosmetic look of the comp cape, same as it is with the meteorite cape, no stat boosts etc)

@Logical's suggestion for adding max capes would be a good idea, but would void the suggestion I am stating below.

I suggest that it should be a cape that manages all 3 styles like the meteorite cape is, just a little better though.

The stats of Meteorite cape: 2j5carc.png

I suggest:

• +3 to the attack stats and a +2 to the defensive stats.
  • A 2.5% magic damage bonus (which the meteorite cape doesn't have)
  • A +1 strength bonus
  • A +2 Prayer bonus
  • A +2 Range bonus

This would make the cape the best all-around cape.

Let me know if you feel these stats should be different or any sort of changes.

I completely agree, completing all achievements should be rewarded at least with the opportunity to create the bis cape in the game. Stats look fine that you suggested, obviously balancing and stats is more up to Ryan and Ramzi but giving it the stats to make it best all round cape seems fair.

12 hours ago, Logical said:

W0w only suggesting buffs when you get it, heading my shake.

I think this cape should be buffed in the following ways;

1. Allow them to be upgraded to the high end max cape variants such as infernal, god capes, vorkath head etc.
    These would be made by using a max cape variant on a completionist cape. I.E Infernal max cape + completionist cape = Infernal comp cape. 
  2. Grand completionist cape should be made the same was, by combining a grand max cape with a completionist cape. Simply adding an enchantment for a grand completionist cape kinda takes away from the grand max cape. This way we can have both grand max capes and grand completionist capes that require the same enchantment to obtain. 

I definitely agree with you and James that the comp capes should be made with the max cape variants (i.e infernal max cape + XXX million gp to make infernal comp cape, etc)

Cheers for the suggestions lads ❤️

Edited by Vintage

Should be best cape ingame, due to the grind it needs to be best in slot ingame. On rs3 comp cape is the best cape of them all. I understand we have grand maxed cape, but that’s a gamble and is based off luck. Where as completionist cape is all a grind and a big one at that.

+1 Stats should be buffed to make it best ingame

• Like 1

Biggest +1 possible, A buff was promised by Ryan like 3 updates ago, but nothing so far. Hopefully it gets buffed... Been asking for this for a year now, with no outcome.

huge +1, ironman is closing in on getting this cape but it's definitely not worth the time getting it when seeing that other capes are straight better than it in every way and don't cost or need even 1/20 the time to get.