Iron Logic

Official Polling

Official Polling  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ryan and/or Ramzi conduct a monthly poll to determine the next large content update that the community wants to see?

2. 2. Should Ryan and/or Ramzi conduct a weekly poll to determine whether SOME smaller updates and/or changes come in to the game?

I believe it would be in the servers best interest to begin officially polling Some content updates and changes. 
I'm not asking for a full OSRS polling system where we can't make any changes until we get most of the community behind it as it breeds a sense of entitlement and really bits Jagex in the ass when they need to push an update regardless of the communities feelings towards it.

So my suggestions are these;

1. Once a month, Ryan or Ramzi will create an official poll and forum post listing a few large content updates for the community to vote of their favourite. The winner of the poll after a set period of time will be implemented in the near future and Ryan and Nate will release a realistic time-frame for it's release. Other content that was highly requested but did not win the poll can be reused for the next months poll, while less popular choices can be replaced.

'Large content' includes things such as UIM, Raids 3 and Zeah Catacombs, things that would take a long time to fully develop. 
The most popular choice will be developed, but Nate and Ryan will not be forced to completely prioritise it. It would essentially be placed next in line for development.
Ryan and Nate will need to discuss each of the options before submitting to poll so that they do not bite off more than they can chew.

2. Once a week, Ryan or Ramzi will create an official poll and forum post listing a few minor updates or changes that the community can vote on. These polls can range from simple 'Yes, no' questions to more elaborate answers to determine the fate of the chosen content. 

Unlike the monthly polls, each of these questions can 'pass' or 'fail' independently of each other and the passing rate for each question can be different.
These questions can be sourced from the communities input or by Ryan and Nate themselves. 

I believe these polls would be a great way to give more power to the community and deliver some well needed incite from the players to the development team.

• Like 1

Most things should be polled, except for certain balance changes that are necessary but unpopular with the public (like the prize boxes nerf)

13 hours ago, zFireshots said:

Most things should be polled, except for certain balance changes that are necessary but unpopular with the public (like the prize boxes nerf)

Agree to the fullest

I love the idea of polls. Allowing the community to have a chance to vote on updates is a wonderful idea.

Great suggestions @Logical 

Edited by Ban
N/a