Ui

Ogre Shortbow

Chompy bird hunting the bane of your existence?

Arrow drop rates more negligible than your chances at meeting somebody who loves you?

I propose here, on this day in history, a significant change to CHOMPY BIRD HUNTING!

1/300 drop rate for an Ogre Shortbow, a new rare weapon that can also use Ogre Arrows, but shoots at the speed of a regular shortbow.

Arrow drop rates are also horrible since they can't be saved by Avas, so I was thinking the Ogres could drop at least TWICE the amount of arrows they currently do, or have a 1/50 - 1/100 chance of dropping Ogre Arrowtips in mass quantities (50-100).

This would be a huge boost and time saver for the grind of arrows which seem to amount to 2 Arrows: 1 Feather most of the time.

This would also make Chompy Bird Hunting something that more people would be interested in doing for the custom item, as well as not having to spend their whole life grinding for something as simple as a hat.

The Moral of this post is that dead content will stay dead content unless it is rejuvenated, and honestly more people should be taking part in this area of the game. 

Thank you, UI

• Like 1

I've never had a problem with the grind, just make sure you pot up and use range prayers when you do it to make the most of your arrows. The reward of Molten Chompy is a very nice one, and I don't think the grind for it should be shortened personally.

Just now, Liar said:

I've never had a problem with the grind, just make sure you pot up and use range prayers when you do it to make the most of your arrows. The reward of Molten Chompy is a very nice one, and I don't think the grind for it should be shortened personally.

The items are tradeable, but nobody does chompy birds. You would think that if Molten was as good as it is people would be grinding chompy for feathers to sell. It's dead and needs to be made at least faster IF you had the shortbow from a drop, or just in general.

I don't really see a need for these changes,

Sure, the bow is pretty slow, but in most cases you will 2-3 hit the chompie birds.

And as far as the arrows are concerned, just be a little more dedicated. I did practically the entire 1k chompie kills in a single sitting, which included collecting arrows.

As far as dead content, sure it may seem that way, for you. The same way most bosses are dead content for me. Just because you don't see the value in something or have a use for a particular items doesn't mean everyone else sees it that way. The molten chompie is quite a good helmet slot item considering how easy it is to obtain:

1 hour ago, kegan said:

Its almost the same speed to get fused as molten lmao

We both know this isn't true.

~

Not to mention the fact that the proposed changes do nothing the prevent this from being 'dead content', the new bow and arrow increase just means it can be done faster, flooding the eco with more chompie hats and killing the content more.

A better solution would be the addition of something worth buying in the chompie store after the molten.
Things Like;

• Task scroll,
  • Bag of riches,
  • runecoinable items,
  • Tokens,

or we could simply increase the runecoin value of chompie hats, taking them out of the economy more often will case the price to rise and thus make killing chompies something profitable for everyone.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Logical said:

A better solution would be the addition of something worth buying in the chompie store after the molten.
Things Like;

• Task scroll,
  • Bag of riches,
  • runecoinable items,
  • Tokens,

or we could simply increase the runecoin value of chompie hats, taking them out of the economy more often will case the price to rise and thus make killing chompies something profitable for everyone.

^ This. +1

Also for the original post. I agree with Logical here, do not make the grind easier, its fine as it is. IF it would be made easier the prices would drop alot. Instead add more stuff to the store and increase chompy hat rc values!

The price of the item is already inflated enough because nobody has them or wants to get them. The addition of new things to the shop makes sense, so why not put the bow or arrows in there?