Bind

Fix Ancient wyvern shield.

Currently the Ancient Wyvern Shield doesn't protect against dragonfire, But the entire point of the shield was to be a magic version of the Dragonfire Shield.

On Osrs the Ancient acts as a Anti-fire shield.

So my ass walked into Olm office, sat on his Black Casting couch, and took his big old Olm *$&% for a 90 to the forehead. 

I don't know why I wasted my time grinding the shield out(Ironman) to have it not protect me from Olm fires.

Please fix. oldschoolrunescape.wikia.com/wiki/Ancient_wyvern_shield

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

+1, since this is part of the item's benefits on oldschool runescape and is a fairly quick fix, I definitely support this.

• Thanks 1

I think it should be given the anti fire ability, but nothing more.

I don't think the standard level of fire protection should protect you from bosses such as KBD, Vorkath or KLD. You'd have to have a DFS, lava pendant or pair up the wyvern shield with an antifire potion. 

Wyvern shields are dfs's that's why when you activate them they do the same spec too

• Like 1

On 9/5/2018 at 9:00 PM, Logical said:

I think it should be given the anti fire ability, but nothing more.

I don't think the standard level of fire protection should protect you from bosses such as KBD, Vorkath or KLD. You'd have to have a DFS, lava pendant or pair up the wyvern shield with an antifire potion. 

Have you ever had a dfs, ancient wyvern or ward before on osrs? They all act the same.

10 hours ago, Bind said:

Have you ever had a dfs, ancient wyvern or ward before on osrs? They all act the same.

We are not OSRS, having them protect against different things offers more diversity in set ups.

• Like 1

On 9/30/2018 at 1:54 AM, Iron Logic said:

more diversity in set ups.

you realize that does the opposite right?
having wyvern act as a full dfs means that 

mage = melee in terms of dragonfire protection. that means, hypothetically, they both would be equal, increasing diversity.

if wyvern is worse than dfs, mage < melee , more people go melee, less build diversity. that's pretty simple.
also,

On 9/30/2018 at 1:54 AM, Iron Logic said:

different things

you mean
"less". if one is half dragonfire protection, and one is full, that's not different protection. It's just worse.

and before you start to talk about wyvern breath protection, lemme just stop ya and tell ya it's 100% irrelevant. literally the only reasons to fight wyverns : hard slayer, and wyvern visage.

without full dragonfire protection, wyvern visage is worthless to get. and under just about every circumstance, hard slayer isnt worth doing and isnt done by people. easy for points, boss for fun/profit. everything else is worthless.

48 minutes ago, mageh2o5 said:

you realize that does the opposite right?
having wyvern act as a full dfs means that 

mage = melee in terms of dragonfire protection. that means, hypothetically, they both would be equal, increasing diversity.

if wyvern is worse than dfs, mage < melee , more people go melee, less build diversity. that's pretty simple.
also,

you mean
"less". if one is half dragonfire protection, and one is full, that's not different protection. It's just worse.

and before you start to talk about wyvern breath protection, lemme just stop ya and tell ya it's 100% irrelevant. literally the only reasons to fight wyverns : hard slayer, and wyvern visage.

without full dragonfire protection, wyvern visage is worthless to get. and under just about every circumstance, hard slayer isnt worth doing and isnt done by people. easy for points, boss for fun/profit. everything else is worthless.

Firstly, nice grave digging. 

Secondly you are wrong about diversity. If something like the lava pendant protected against all forms of dragon and wyvern fire, then I never need anything else. I don't even need to be restricted to 1 handed weapons since I don't need a shield. 

That's pretty simple. 

Also, your opinion on wyverns is irrelevant. I've killed 1000s of living wyverns due to their AFKability, noted gem/ores and rune arrows/bolts. 

The wyvern shield isn't worthless, it's a decent magic off-hand, provides wyvern protection and can be upgraded via runecoins for much better stats. I also do lots of hard slayer tasks.

Thanks for the opinion though.