Elven

Theater of Blood Improvements

I have two separate methods that would greatly benefit all players who attempt the theater of blood. Both suggestions are improvements to the second room (Pestilent Bloat).

Method 1

Fix the clickboxes so that when you are clicking to run around the room north to south (or vice versa), it doesn't pull your character west or east towards the barrier entrances/exits. When this happens, you typically die or take a lot of damage. I know clickboxes are an issue on RuneX which is why I think the second suggestion is a more feasible one.

Method 2

Greatly reduce the HP of the pestilent bloat to allow it to be killed much faster which in turn will compensate for the clickbox issue. Typically per room, you'll encounter the above mentioned issue at least twice per Bloat. If you're lucky enough to escape it, you'll probably have used a few supplies unnecessarily which can greatly hinder your overall success. By reducing the HP of the boss, you could avoid this altogether by killing the boss much faster, or maybe reduce encountering the issue to a maximum of once per Bloat (Depending on how much dps you can put out). This of course doesn't affect any other room, and still results in a very challenging experience.

Edited by Elven

Firstly; I agree with the clicks in this room, they are a pain.

But, I have never been dragged around to be killed by this, Maybe try going slower, instead of clicking the north side when you're south, and click west instead then to north, I understand that your method is more efficient with clicks, but hey; better safe than sorry.

I don't feel that Bloat should receive a HP nerf, I feel that bloat is a good boss, with the amount of HP it has already on normal all through to master.

Better safe than sorry... okay fair, but there is a lot of dead clicks on RuneX. Shouldn't have to learn to play around a bug just because it doesn't get fixed. 

I never have problems even on expert.  The more you do it the better you learn how to.  The only bug in that room is the south east corner is fucked up and pathing to the boss will drag you out around that corner like its clipped

5 hours ago, kegan said:

I never have problems even on expert.  The more you do it the better you learn how to.  The only bug in that room is the south east corner is fucked up and pathing to the boss will drag you out around that corner like its clipped

It's not only in that room there are dead clicks in RuneX, so a general dead click fix would be very much needed. 

There are dead clicks in Vespula's boss room and Vasa in the Xeric's raid.

2 hours ago, Matt said:

It's not only in that room there are dead clicks in RuneX, so a general dead click fix would be very much needed. 

Vasa.... lets not talk about the amount of dead tiles in vasa's room.

On 8/15/2018 at 9:11 AM, Matt said:

no agruement on the dead clicks lmao.  shit is horrdendous and idk how runex still has players with how many and rampant they are.

6 hours ago, kegan said:

no agruement on the dead clicks lmao.  shit is horrdendous and idk how runex still has players with how many and rampant they are.

You act like you can't go anywhere without running into dead clicks,

They are actually quite uncommon and the only place they seem to be a problem right now is in extremely new content. 

If you are do run into dead clicks, report them with some evidence of where they occur so we can fix them, commenting about them being 'rampant' helps no-one.

The only time I have ever ran into the 'barrier' issue in bloat is when I angle my camera down, an issue easily preventable. It took me a minute to even trigger the bug.
I still have seen no evidence of dead clicks in Verzik, it is highly likely that you kill one of the spider minions and try and click near it to walk as it is dying. What you are actually doing is clicking the monster in it's death animation, which your character tries to attack, being dead you can't so you don't move. 

All of these things can be avoided with practice. 

2 hours ago, Logical said:

They are actually quite uncommon and the only place they seem to be a problem right now is in extremely new content. 

If you are do run into dead clicks, report them with some evidence of where they occur so we can fix them, commenting about them being 'rampant' helps no-one.

The only time I have ever ran into the 'barrier' issue in bloat is when I angle my camera down, an issue easily preventable. It took me a minute to even trigger the bug.
I still have seen no evidence of dead clicks in Verzik, it is highly likely that you kill one of the spider minions and try and click near it to walk as it is dying. What you are actually doing is clicking the monster in it's death animation, which your character tries to attack, being dead you can't so you don't move. 

Give me teleto coord commands and ill gladly report dead clicks but im not a betatester and it is not my job to stop mid content to do ::dataon and log the coords.  Thats what beta/bug testers are for.   Im not going through raids 1 and 2 wasting my time and food for nothing.  Same goes for lava maze mole and emole cave metal dragon so on so forth.

(only raid dead clicks really matter and lava maze)

7 hours ago, Logical said:

What about the constant path issue at Olm?

When your character walk 2-4 squares west. Happens a lot and I've found no actual way to prevent it. Has almost gotten me killed several times, when my character decide to move on it's own into the area of the lightning attack of Olm. I am sure 99% of the people that have done the Xeric's raid know of this path bug. 

Also, like said above, it's not our job to test and figure out how the bugs are working or how they occur. Sure we'll report it when it happens, but we can't always prove it unless we start recording everything we do. I don't know how much the content that is getting released have been tested, but it feels very untested when first released. I am not saying it's bad, but there are bugs that should've been discovered and remove before official release.

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Also, like said above, it's not our job to test and figure out how the bugs are working or how they occur.

Nor is it our job. We can't go to Ryan and say "Hey, there is a pathing issue at bloat" because the first thing he will say is "How does it occur?, When does it occur?" etc. Not to mention, if you experience some form of bug, you are the person most likely to be able to recreate it.

Imaging if a player told me "There are so many dead clicks at Verzik, can you tell Ryan", I would have to do raids 2, all the way to Verzik, just to test if there are dead clicks. I don't know where they happen, how they happen, why they happen. For all I know if could be based on 07 graphics or not. Asking for evidence is not just us sitting on our butts getting you to do all the hard work, it is the most efficient way to do it and is the most likely scenario for the issues to be patched. 

If you thought raids 2 felt untested, I can't disagree more, It was almost perfect. Things like walking into the barrier at bloat when you angle your camera a certain way is just one of those things that you can't expect a sample of 2-5 people to discover. I am in favour of a testing world for staff/high level donors because it gives a much larger sample size to test content, it is why AAA games have betas. 

Also, for the olm thing, I've only ran into 1 issue like the one you describe, and that is when you are killing the spinner. This is easily avoided by using long range or magic and standing almost directly in the middle. Getting dragged into the centre of the room when the NPC you are trying to kill is moving away from you just adds to the difficulty. If your issue is different to this, please tell me as much about it as possible, and if you can, provide a video of it in action for the highest chance of it being fixed.

1 hour ago, Logical said:

Nor is it our job. We can't go to Ryan and say "Hey, there is a pathing issue at bloat" because the first thing he will say is "How does it occur?, When does it occur?" etc. Not to mention, if you experience some form of bug, you are the person most likely to be able to recreate it.

Imaging if a player told me "There are so many dead clicks at Verzik, can you tell Ryan", I would have to do raids 2, all the way to Verzik, just to test if there are dead clicks. I don't know where they happen, how they happen, why they happen. For all I know if could be based on 07 graphics or not. Asking for evidence is not just us sitting on our butts getting you to do all the hard work, it is the most efficient way to do it and is the most likely scenario for the issues to be patched. 

If you thought raids 2 felt untested, I can't disagree more, It was almost perfect. Things like walking into the barrier at bloat when you angle your camera a certain way is just one of those things that you can't expect a sample of 2-5 people to discover. I am in favour of a testing world for staff/high level donors because it gives a much larger sample size to test content, it is why AAA games have betas. 

Also, for the olm thing, I've only ran into 1 issue like the one you describe, and that is when you are killing the spinner. This is easily avoided by using long range or magic and standing almost directly in the middle. Getting dragged into the centre of the room when the NPC you are trying to kill is moving away from you just adds to the difficulty. If your issue is different to this, please tell me as much about it as possible, and if you can, provide a video of it in action for the highest chance of it being fixed.

Exactly provide a test world that either 1. staff/high donators can enter to test or 2. if someone reports a bug give them access to this world so they can do a more detailed report (this would give the players experiencing the issue the tools to report it properly).  the problem here is that those players are not trusted to report the issues as opposed to just create and abuse them.  even higher staff members attempt to abuse bugs for profit.  one attempted to yesterday who has been trying for a while.

i dont think it necessarily raids pathing as much as it is ranged pathing as a whole.  you can be 5 spaces away from a boss and range will drag you into melee range, see range vs verzik for example.  you cant stand still and range it from more than 1-2 spaces away which is what his melee range is. 

as for raids 2 being perfect...  dont get me wrong it is well done but there are a lot of small issues that should of been noticed from 1-2 runs through it and still excist.  1. you can die after a boss dies as room effect's dmg does not cancel when the boss dies which leaves you dying after the boss and unable to enter the next boss or stuck at verzik unable to receive loot (ex. dying to bloat flies 1-5 ticks after he dies, dying to posion pools on ground at xarpus 1-5 ticks after he dies, dying to tornados 1-8 ticks after verzik dies).  2. you cant walk through the right side of the portal on bloat to leave the boss area (right side if facing the barrier). 3. you can clip outside the of boss room especially xarpus and once your outside you have to die before the boss if you want to enter the next room. 4. verziks urn bombs hit through pray range for full dmg (in osrs they get -45 or 55% dmg) and these bombs hit up to 121's so if you solo and the server has latency spikes as it does a lot or dead clicks which is does in verziks room 90% of the time from 112hp your fucked.  5. verzik p1 hardly ever 1 hits people for 90-112 hp on osrs its close to 50% chance p1 hits a 99 on here it hits it like 1 in 2.  6. on maiden if you want to melee it theres only very select spots (5 spots) that you can melee it from and pathing takes you to the same one over and over. 6. soloing crab/spider room, on the update post it said "raids were altered to make it more easily soloable with less than high tier gear), but on this room when the boss spawns you get hit reoccuring dmg for the next 10+ ticks and a shit ton of it, the crabs spawn rate also isnt reduced based on number of players in the room.

those are just a few of the bugs i noticed from the first 1-2 runs i did through raids2, which a lot of these have been reported to ryan in detail with a gif/video and told how it should be.  through dm's on discord from another member who he talks to

at the end of the day the players can not be expected to take an hour+ of their time to do a detailed but report with no reward for their time for doing this or adequate tools.  even if ryan offered a reward of like "1 raids 2 reward chest per raids2 bug reported" so its random the reward, but its also fair for the time that was put into detailing the report

Edited by kegan

If you thought raids 2 felt untested,

Not tried raids 2 yet. 

The past few days I've raided a fair bit with Equave and Mr Lucky. Both me and Equave is trying to find a way to stop us from getting moved into the lightning area, but it happen no matter where we stand, with and without auto retaliate, both claws and head. I know where you can stand to avoid it happening at the spinner, but tried a lot of different spots for the claws and head, but can't find one. 

As for me, I don't have any knowledge when it comes to recording or anything like that. Nor do I plan on getting any either. I find it weird how you never had that occur for you when it happen 99% of the raids I do on Olm stage.