twitch

"Twitch" Server support application

1. Desired staff position: Server Support

2. Your name (first name would suffice): Jon

3. Your age: 22

4. Your location: New York Eastern Time zone

5. Average amount of gameplay hours per day: 10+ per day

6. Why you should receive the position:

Why should I be considered for this position? Looking at my career of playing RSPS I have always been held to a higher standard. I played another RSPS for over 6+ years. The server I played on had a player base of 75-150 online at one given time.

I started as a normal player like I am now on Runex. I then worked my way up from normal player to trial Mod, then to normal Mod. While I played as Mod on this server I was very well respected by the community.  I then became head Mod, then moved from Mod to an Admin down the road. From there the server shut down for a few reasons but then re-opened not to long after. When the server re-opened I was a co-owner for the next 1-2 years.

If any staff or who reviews these application would like to know the server please pm me seeing as I do not want to advertise a server even though it is not online anymore. That being said I believe I have a lot of experience in a staff manor. Also from the experience side I have gained many ways to de-escalate situations and problem solving. Extending from that, onto the runex section of who I am.

I have been playing runex for over a year. I started about 2 months after the server dropped so I have been around for a while. I have gained a lot of knowledge over the past year of playing. I love to use my in game experience to improve other played in game experience. I am very active in the /help chat and ::yell chat to answer peoples questions. Every day I try to improve my helping in those platforms. Even if I do not move forward in the process I still will help people because that’s just who I am.  I am a very honest and straight forward kind of guy.

Thank you for taking the time to read and review this application, if you have any queries, please feel free to comment or pm me in game or on the forums.

~Twitch

Edited by twitch

Application is nicely written although I originally didn’t support, seems you have picked up on your mistakes and flaws, and have proven yourself a valuable member of the community.

+1 Support

Best of Luck

Edited by Vise
  • Thanks 1

My Time zone is different from yours so I barely see you on, but the only time I’ve seen you on was the weekend and you had a 45 minute argument with 6pack over yell instead of pm. 

Edit: Changing to Neutral, I’ve only seen you on once because of play time, and Judge you for one fight you had, a stupid fight to have none the less, but that can ruin the whole thing. Hope to see you on, and better get to know you!

Edited by Cierra
  • Thanks 1

I disagree with players negative voting due to the way you interact with a particular clan. That's how opposing clans react with one another to entice a fight. You've got my support 😀 Good luck! 

• Thanks 1

Ima start of by saying +1. You are a helpful and active member of the community. I think you would make a wonderful addition to the staff team and im rooting for you. Ik you had beef with this one pking clan but that doesn't define you as a player or person. People have beef with people from time to time including staff members. Someone always is looking for trouble and wanting to start shit but you know to keep cool and are a nice person. You are up front and honest and don't care what people think of you and you act like you and nobody changes that and that makes you a even better fit person than 70% of the applicants. I would love to see you become a staff member. SIDENOTE: Dont let people have beef with you as this could create issues for other staff and affect your job as a staff member

• Thanks 1

No support. Seeing how you've handled things in the past and even having an issue with you in one when i was a staff member i don't believe you could effectively handle this position. 

Nothing personal. 

+1. ever since I started runex a looong time ago, you have always tried to help other players as much as possible. Also, you interact with others on forums as well. I have also gotten to know you outside of runex and you're a great guy Jon.

• Thanks 1

+1 even tho we started bad, you helped me out with quiet a few things. also nice application

goodluck homie 

• Thanks 1

-1. You are too immature for this position. You start arguments over nothing and instead of taking a higher road and leaving you add fuel to the fire. There are a lot more people better suited for a staff position than you.

+1.

i see him on very often also has a lot of experience about the game also very friendly, might slip up sometimes but who doesnt....helped me out at the start ❤️ 

• Thanks 1

Funny guy, has a good sense of humor but knows how to help others and knows if things are taken too far.

+1

• Thanks 1

I support this with both of my hands up.

One of the first persons to help me since i joined, always keeps his cool and is a good person overall.:x

• Thanks 1

+1 he has always been friendly and helpful to me as well as many other players.  i have not seen the "pking disputes" that were metioned above, but guess what it happens its part of the game other staff members do it too.  as for his helpfulness i have seen him help numerous players and i dont even play much even myself.  i have watched him help guide players on how to donate rsgp properly after being guided improperly by a mod who will remain unnamed (but i known for flaming/baiting).  i have personally killed this man at lava maze for 10 lava keys+feathers and he pm'd me saying "well played, i know i shoulda went the other way or logged" and we talked and he never flamed me once he even said "thats how the wild goes xD".  this happened while he was cleaned.  he was so nice to me about it i gave it back lmoa.

On 8/23/2018 at 8:23 AM, hotguy6pack said:

-1.  tells people to quit constantly.

ya banned so i guess it worked xD.

Edited by kegan
  • Thanks 1

+1 Always see him around helping players in the Help CC (Me Included). I think he is a valuable member of the community and would do great as a support!

• Thanks 1

-1 for now. Likes to provoke people who are already angry/pissed off/mad. He is helpful, but he does like to provoke people and either participates in or provokes flamewars a lot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lucky Fe said:

-1 for now. Likes to provoke people who are already angry/pissed off/mad. He is helpful, but he does like to provoke people and either participates in or provokes flamewars a lot.

I'd like to add to this with something that he did yesterday to provoke me. After tagging me in the meme\bot section of discord yesterday I asked him not to tag me unless it was important because it wastes my time checking my phone or computer and seeing that I was tagged in a meme section. When the server went down yesterday for maintenance where everyone at that point knew the server was down he @'d me twice within a 10 second interval to answer that the server was down to another player that asked when he could have just answered the player. He went a step further telling other players to solely ask me if the server was online or not. Information he knew and could have helped the person with. He did all of this just to irritate me. 

Like before I don't support this player in his attempt at going for a server support position because just like you said, he likes to provoke people. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

47 minutes ago, Raw said:

I'd like to add to this with something that he did yesterday to provoke me. After tagging me in the meme\bot section of discord yesterday I asked him not to tag me unless it was important because it wastes my time checking my phone or computer and seeing that I was tagged in a meme section. When the server went down yesterday for maintenance where everyone at that point knew the server was down he @'d me twice within a 10 second interval to answer that the server was down to another player that asked when he could have just answered the player. He went a step further telling other players to solely ask me if the server was online or not. Information he knew and could have helped the person with. He did all of this just to irritate me. 

Like before I don't support this player in his attempt at going for a server support position because just like you said, he likes to provoke people. 

So when I do not know the answer you are telling me I am not allowed to direct them to someone on the staff team that may know? Sounds like you do not like to do the job as a staff member? You were active in the chat so I directed them to ask you? Didn’t think as a staff member you would have a problem answering questions for the members of the community. But when i said to ask you i did not tag you. Also, you kicked me from the discord for simply telling players to ask you because you are staff. I am so so sorry that you do not like to do the job as a staff member, but instead of kicking me from discord for directing the community to you. Oh and let’s not forget about how rude and disrespectful you were in the OSRS donations section of discord. So I like how you go on saying that I could have easily answered the questions of the community. Being that when I have correct info on a topic that was also verified by several other staff members and players you go in to belittle me plus another player that had my back. I backed off the situation as not trying to provoke it but you still continued. Glad to see such a “great” staff member as your self to act that way towards players. 

Also, a little side note because you are out to get me as it is for no reason, I have never seen a server so happy for you to resign. Also a server so upset for you to get staff back. 

But anyways thanks for the response 😊 I appreciate it, man. Just remember not to talk nonsense just because you do not like me.

~Twitch

Edited by twitch

2 minutes ago, twitch said:

So when I do not know the answer you are telling me I am not aloud to direct them to someone of the staff team that may know? Sounds like you do not like to do the job as a staff member? You were active in the chat so I directed them to ask you? Didn’t think as a staff member you would have a problem answering questions for the members of the community. Oh and let’s not forget about how rude and disrespectful you were in the OSRS donations section of discord. So I like how you go on saying that I could have easily answered the questions of the community. Being that when I have correct info on a topic that was also verified by several other staff members and players you go in to belittle me plus another player that had my back. I backed off the situation as not trying to provoke it but you still continued. Glad to see such a “great” staff member as your self to act that way towards players. 

Also alittle side note because you are out to get me as it is for no reason, I have never seen a server so happy for you to resign. Also a server so upset for you to get staff back. 

But anyways thanks for the response 😊 I appreciate it man. Just remember not to talk non sense anymore just because you do not like me.

~Twitch

for one, you knew the answer to the server being down, two I wasn't active in the discord chat at that time until you tagged me twice when you all already knew the server was down for maintenance several times. You could have directed that player instead of tagging me twice. (you could also have had Roger who was in voice chat with you all do it) I have no problem answering questions. However being tagged twice because you seem to want to annoy me is another story. That being said, Roger was aware of everything happening because I spoke to him about you tagging me. 

I wasn't rude and disrespectful towards you in the OSRS donations section. I made a simple statement that people didn't need to message Ryan on the forums. Aswell, like I explained to another player. I just came back from resigning and the OSRS donations section was there. I assumed that's what it was for until Roger said he would be taking donations for Ryan after the next update. I didn't belittle you? I don't see how making 1 statement that people don't have to PM Ryan belittles you but that's your own issue if that's the case. 

The side note about people happy that I resigned are people that have had an issue in the past that i've handled with a punishment or a warning so there's that. I'd also like to point out that it doesn't matter to me if you or anyone else doesn't like me. I'm here to help out the server in what little free time I have left and keep people happy. I'm sorry that you feel the way that you do but like I said above, I pointed out an issue that recently happened between myself and you. 

I'm also not speaking nonsense and I've never once said I didn't like you. Everything I've said here is how It's played out and or happened right in front of me. 

Let's not argue here if you want to continue the conversation as this is a staff application. If you'd like to, you can pm me and we can resolve any issue you seem to have with myself. Have a good one.