Sherlock

Problems With Wild

1 hour ago, Sherlock said:

With you being a mod,I'm quite dazzled there isn't a slightest interest in watching this community rise in ratings as well as population.  When your most annoying players who "can't handle being attacked" Repeatedly complain over this it becomes your main problem and would think you'd have a taste in fixing that. It's fine though, you're stuck on your decision & I respect that, But if this issue continues then so will the people leaving and will ultimately be the reason the server remains hindered from growth making your Youtube promotions all for nothing giving it one more reason why it's lower in rankings compared to others. 

Enjoy your day folks. ;)

If we're going to be passive aggressive and try and throw shots, I'll play.

Here's the bread and butter:

It has nothing to do with me being a mod. In fact, most of the pkers since Runex has begun tend to TARGET staff in the wilderness because it's a bragging chip having killed them. This applies especially to those such as Roger and Raw who commonly PK as well. That being said, anyone is welcome to LEARN TO PK and DEFEND THEMSELVES, unless that's something "our most annoying players" are incapable of? You tell me.

Repeatedly complain, eh? Because in my experience, and most other players on the servers' experiences, those who REPEATEDLY complain are simply upset because they don't seem to understand that the wilderness is NOT a safe zone. Better drops, better experience rates, better rewards all at a HIGHER RISK is the WHOLE POINT of the wilderness. If that's something you, and others like you with the same agenda, are going to "repeatedly complain" about - I suggest not only finding another place to go, as your post suggests you (and others) will - I suggest finding another GAME to play in general because this happens on every RSPS with a dangerous wilderness, and even happens on RS3/OSRS.

Now let's touch on that - people leaving and the server remaining "hindered," as you say. And our YouTube promotions being for nothing - that's funny as well. Let's go back to the old days of RS, when people were just figuring out they could host their own RSPS. Do you know why they did it?

1. Being able to spawn any item in the game to have insurmountable wealth and brag to their friends
  2. Being able to navigate the entire RuneScape world with no limitations, sometimes just for adventures sake
  3. Being able to PK without the fear of losing any valuable items in the "real" game
  4. Many other reasons I won't bother getting into because...

That #3 is the main one we're looking at here. One of the biggest reasons RSPS' got as big as they did - PKing. This continues to be the case today, namely combining the first and third points of the previously mentioned reasons. Spawn & PK (funny, Ryan owns the server SpawnPK - who'd have thought!). Now let's take a look at your last point - Runex remaining lower in rankings compared to others.

FqaoSeW.png

Now.. You're welcome to tell me what part of being both #11 and #14 on the OVERALL RuneLocus RSPS list is bad, but I don't think you'll find anything.

Sure, there are servers above both SpawnPK and Runex.. But have you checked what servers those are exactly? I can assure you they've all been out longer than a year and a half, like Runex, and I promise you that the majority of them have spent thousands more than Ryan has on advertising across social media platforms, 5x the amount of paid YouTube promotions (Sohan, ReturnofWilderness, Zachtx, etc.) and other forms of advertisements. 

I don't mean for this to come off as antagonizing, rude or in any other form of offensive manner - but please know your facts and bite your tongue when you don't.

Salty players are created when they're tilting over a game. 8] 

let me end this conversation. osrs is an eco server right? it has pvmers, it also has the wilderness / the pkers / pvm within the wilderness / skilling within the wilderness. so before you go " oh lets get rid of wildy", please go play osrs and go into the wildy and see if you die or dont die. peace 

-111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111

here's an osrs pking video for you to check out

You label it as passive aggression I label it as constructive criticism. Problem is you aren't being open mined to the problem. Rationalize or butter it up in any way shape or form you wish but the reality is players will continue to leave as said in my past post. Everyone seems to be taking my thread as wanting to remove the wild. Which I'm not-It was made to open the idea of bringing an item and/or ability to proper balance between the pkers and the pvmers giving the casual players a chance to participate in the high tier tasks that more or less will result in a bad investment on their end. Also real RS3/OSRS doesn't have ONE world for EVERY player to join where at least one person is CAMPING the entrance/exits of the event. THAT is the problem. Not PKING. It's people disrupting areas every 10min that HALTS all other players in low-medium pool from performing any top tier activity.

The problem is that this server revolves around the 3RD TIER POOL as I mentioned & How they play the game. Anyone who comes forth with disagreement or opinion on a subject that's clearly an issue, is all dismissed & refusing to be open to new information. As I said, its clear this idea will not be considered at all, which I'm cool with that. I don't need to talk, the rankings will do it for me. As long as you guys are okay with keeping favorite tabs on regular donators at the expense of new players then my opinion shouldn't matter or hold any weight to you or the servers goals. 

Edited by Sherlock

19 minutes ago, Sherlock said:

The problem is that this server revolves around the 3RD TIER POOL as I mentioned & How they play the game. Anyone who comes forth with disagreement or opinion on a subject that's clearly an issue, is all dismissed & refusing to be open to new information. As I said, its clear this idea will not be considered at all, which I'm cool with that. I don't need to talk, the rankings will do it for me. As long as you guys are okay with keeping favorite tabs on regular donators at the expense of new players then my opinion shouldn't matter or hold any weight to you or the servers goals. 

I'll state firstly that I'll be closing this post after my reply. Not because of some fantasized preference to donators or staff, or for that matter some "3rd tier pool" of players but because it's senseless and pointless to remain an open thread at this point. 

In case you weren't aware, 90% of this "3rd tier" of players that happen to be donators - aren't donators at all, in the common way. They buy their bonds with in-game gp and items from players you consider "1st and 2nd tier" and as such, obtain high donator ranks such as Sponsor. You can play the victim all you'd like and act as if this is some bad chapter out of 1984 by George Orwell, but that's not the case. Ryan and Ramzi don't direct updates at poor or rich players and there is no conspiracy that involves favoritism among those that have wealth or donator ranks. 

Have a good day.