Sherlock

Problems With Wild

As everyone knows that the high to even medium level money making methods involve the wild which restricts us in variety of ways.

So community wise, this server is split up into 3 pools of players. The first pool consisting of new players/skillers. The second pool having Irons/Casual players with average/above average cash. Then the 3rd pool consisting of the players with the most cash/Youtubers/Mods etc. 

Now the problem within that is for one main thing...in the 3rd pool, everyone knows each other. Which ultimately gives them the most control of the wild considering they're able to finish even the most difficult tasks in the wild with a quick request of a friend. With this pool having the most cash, so expect them to bring the best gear that will out do any gear that the medium pool will be bringing. 

Yesterday I hunted for the first time in the Lava maze. Got pked several times, which is normal in the wild. That wasn't the issue. What was the issue is when a player is fully decked out waiting for any players at the exit. 

I logged out, hoping to pick up later only to return an hour later with the same guy standing in the original spot. I ran back to the hunting spot and once again auto logged and returned 30min later to the guy standing in the hunter spot waiting to pk my freshly purchased lava key. Which puts my play style at a high inconvenience state when players are basically backed into a wall like this that allows the 3rd pool to continue to run the wild rising growth in their own play experience while the medium tier struggles to surpass their current state while having to resort to medium level methods.

Before anyone decides to give a counter argument with "Its the wild & how the game is designed etc" I get that its the wild. I get that its how it is. For anyone that has any interest in watching the community to grow should have enough insight to see when other medium tier players remain immobilized for so long by being so tightly restricted unless large amounts of money are donated or are close friends with somebody known in that pool, then they will not be able to complete many simple achievements such as opening a lava chest  & most likely will leave to a server that respects the space of others. It prohibits not only the dailys, but also will be limited from enjoying the full potential of the game by not participating in the top end bosses or events that take place in the wild.

So  with this in mind I believe a simple daily timer that disconnects the player from being able to be attacked in wild for x amount of time or even a token that provides this. Even if its in low time, it will at least give every player a chance to enjoy even the hardest tasks in the game without worrying about being stripped & killed before even able to complete the goal. Thanks for taking the time to read.

Edited by Sherlock

Your suggestion of a daily grace period where you can not be attacked is extremely flawed and is unlikely to ever happen. There are countless issues with it but I'll highlight just a few;

• Activating it mid fight to avoid death,
  • Using multiple accounts to abuse the grace period while hunting etc.

I also completely disagree with the way you've divided our players. There is no RuneX 1% that scratches eachothers back, I'd say I'm pretty much Kill on Site in most of their eyes.
You also tried to bring up the gear differences between the class of player, which again doesn't really matter. If you are a good pker you can kill someone regardless of their gear. Myself as an example, I can use all the fancy pvp armours and 3B staff I like, if even a marginally good pker catches me in mystics or ahrims I am done for.

RuneX has so much content that is not in the wilderness and it's all about risk vs reward. If you don't want to die, don't go. Not to mention in your example of the lava wagtail hunting spot, you realise this is possibly the hottest spot for pking activity right? Over the past week the community and the pkers have been flooded with players such as Alpha Rye risking 3-4B worth of KLD teleports with no food and Tilted buying 10 keys at a time. 

I mainly play an ironman, putting myself in the mid tier. I have very little trouble avoiding pkers, you just need to prepare better and go out there expecting to die. 

8 minutes ago, Logical said:

Your suggestion of a daily grace period where you can not be attacked is extremely flawed and is unlikely to ever happen. There are countless issues with it but I'll highlight just a few;

• Activating it mid fight to avoid death,
  • Using multiple accounts to abuse the grace period while hunting etc.

I also completely disagree with the way you've divided our players. There is no RuneX 1% that scratches eachothers back, I'd say I'm pretty much Kill on Site in most of their eyes.
You also tried to bring up the gear differences between the class of player, which again doesn't really matter. If you are a good pker you can kill someone regardless of their gear. Myself as an example, I can use all the fancy pvp armours and 3B staff I like, if even a marginally good pker catches me in mystics or ahrims I am done for.

RuneX has so much content that is not in the wilderness and it's all about risk vs reward. If you don't want to die, don't go. Not to mention in your example of the lava wagtail hunting spot, you realise this is possibly the hottest spot for pking activity right? Over the past week the community and the pkers have been flooded with players such as Alpha Rye risking 3-4B worth of KLD teleports with no food and Tilted buying 10 keys at a time. 

I mainly play an ironman, putting myself in the mid tier. I have very little trouble avoiding pkers, you just need to prepare better and go out there expecting to die. 

Yeah it does come down to luck however it sets them at an extreme advantage when billions is vs millions when invested in gear. Also literally everybody who is decked out is close friends with most in their own pool and they respect others so when one goes out to purchase 10 lava keys at a time nobodies there to disrupt unlike a Mod or other decked out player is there to quickly ambush. There may be a few that fight on sight as you say but majority decide to let their friends be. Regardless of the intentions it's showing a strong message that only the high donated players are the ones who face the least issues when compared to new players. I've been here a week & watched 3 new players say they're switching after being harassed in the daily wild spawn points being camped and then being flamed in chat when its brought up. It wouldn't need an immediate activation and won't have a postpone ability. Once its activated it gives invulnerability from other players less say an hour and will only be deactivated by timing running out or initiating a fight. As I said, it will give every a fair chance even if its in a little amount.  

It's also difficult to prepare when you're stuck in the deep wild dealing with barrage/snares. Doesn't matter what you prepare for, you're dead either way. 

Edited by Sherlock

At the end of the day, if getting killed in the wilderness is enough to make new players quit, they should not go into the wilderness, It's that simple. Sure, we have the daily challenges to encourage players to go into the wilderness they are not forced to do so and there is nothing they are missing out on by not doing them.

In the time between my last post, I completed all of the wilderness dailies on my ironman [Except lava keys] and only got attacked once, a pker which ended up running from me after 20 seconds of retaliation.

21 minutes ago, Logical said:

At the end of the day, if getting killed in the wilderness is enough to make new players quit, they should not go into the wilderness, It's that simple. Sure, we have the daily challenges to encourage players to go into the wilderness they are not forced to do so and there is nothing they are missing out on by not doing them.

In the time between my last post, I completed all of the wilderness dailies on my ironman [Except lava keys] and only got attacked once, a pker which ended up running from me after 20 seconds of retaliation.

Sure it's that simple however they're limited to certain aspects of the game while avoiding the wild. Perhaps you had better luck however I've had to log 3x by gaining only 150 lava feathers not mentioning the time having to invest off the game by waiting for the them to leave the area. The Green drag and ankous arent much of a problem at this time (4:41 Am Western-7:41AM Eastern) but during the day time its more active. The ones really affected are those restricted from experiencing the fights from Lava demons + roughly half the Bosses (Wild bosses containing the best loot) \ Loot from lava chests \ Cursed items \ Cursed slayer tasks \ Skillers from Hunting/Fishing in lava section And I'm sure is many others not listed off the top of my head. That's a huge chunk of the game these players will not be experiencing because of the problem. Who really wants to play on an RSPS where their best lootable drop is less than that of 500m while seeing the top tiers get their end game item drops. They're restricted from accessing basically any end game content by avoiding wild.

By adding anything to bring a sense of balance will bring much more comfortability between players and put the server that much higher in the ranks. It's not being killed that makes these players leave...it's the act of being harassed out of an area neglecting them of their goals is what will make them leave. I understand this server has another one that specializes in pkers? So this server should revolve more around the favors of pvmers and leave the pk play style for those who came looking for it. 

Edited by Sherlock

I have been thinking about something like this for awhile, an item that you could use to toggle anti-target by PKers so that you could do some of your dailies every once in awhile without being the main target to PKers. There are a lot of Pros & Cons to this idea, but the main Pro is that players, for example, Ironman players can successfully do their dailies/tasks without any extra hassle and so that they wouldn't lose their items while doing so. Another concept could be that the item could be used for, approximately 10 minutes, and within that time; become invincible to enemy players and will not lose anything. These items should be made to be purchased once a day and cannot be stacked (in order to stop people from trying to buy more than once on a daily basis). 

I'll list out a couple of Pros / Cons for this idea though; 

Pros

- If given 10 minutes duration for the use of the item, players can quickly do some of their dailies/tasks and go back later to do more
- Avoids being the main target of PKers (Especially when they follow you and bring their friends)
- You could bring items that you need with you to gain more experience (Varrock Armor 3 for Agil) 
- Ironman players will not lose their IM status 

Cons

- The wilderness won't be as much of an entertainment for PKers since there are less PK fights
- Targeted players still need to run around in the wilderness to get to a safe zone to teleport out 
- After the item's timer expires, you will be targeted and YOU will lose items that are visible to other players 

& I still would +1 this idea because it would help players when they really need it for their tasks and it would really help Iron Man player modes.

The lava keys daily is something almost no-body does and you are not missing out on anything by not doing it because you can obtain lava keys outside of hunting for them.
Almost all the 'exclusive' wilderness loot is also obtainable without stepping foot in the wilderness through cursed caskets which can by purchased at edgeville and contain most of the times such as Lava pendant, Cursed items etc.
No-body fishes for lava eels, literally no-body.

There is a lot of 'end game' content outside of the wilderness, such as Raids, Max guild, grand crests and about 150+ achievements to do that have nothing to do with the wilderness.

You don't really have any real points to justify the addition of wilderness immunity other than the fact that people are getting killed in the wilderness. The wilderness was designed to be dangerous and the things we have added to the wilderness are to entice players to go there.

Just now, Jan said:

Pros

- If given 10 minutes duration for the use of the item, players can quickly do some of their dailies/tasks and go back later to do more
- Avoids being the main target of PKers (Especially when they follow you and bring their friends)
- You could bring items that you need with you to gain more experience (Varrock Armor 3 for Agil) 
- Ironman players will not lose their IM status 

Cons

- The wilderness won't be as much of an entertainment for PKers since there are less PK fights
- Targeted players still need to run around in the wilderness to get to a safe zone to teleport out 
- After the item's timer expires, you will be targeted and YOU will lose items that are visible to other players 

This again is a horrible idea. It is the wilderness, no-body is forced to go there.
Also, you do not lose untradables on death, so you can take your varrock armour anywhere.
Only hardcore ironmen risk losing their status in the wilderness and that is a restriction they understand and put on themselves when they make their accounts.

How they obtained the key isn't really the concern more than it is players waiting outside or within the proximity of the chest as I mentioned in my earlier post. I also understand that most of the content is obtainable outside the wilderness as well but its the mild stones of the players earning the money to reach these end game items. The resources the medium tier has is less that of high tiers. It can be rationalized & colored in different areas to seem like not much of a difference but in reality the medium class is at a high disadvantage of evolving out of their pool. 

It can be seen either way but when there's a chunk of players leaving for the same reason it becomes a more than an opinion. After learning these limitations players will continue to leave until a balance is brought because right now it's only in favors of those who do PK Since they HAVE reached near end game level + money  to cover any losses regardless of a win or loss and shows to be a total block for anyone grinding for that title.

Edited by Sherlock

1 hour ago, Logical said:

Like me when we threw it down at the ankous, and i almost killed you before you teled, it was a great fight but i could not get the TB on you. But its the name of the game and you were in great gear and i had void i think on.

1 minute ago, twitch said:

Like me when we threw it down at the ankous, and i almost killed you before you teled, it was a great fight but i could not get the TB on you. But its the name of the game and you were in great gear and i had void i think on.

But see his statement is set up as if the other player is looking for a fight. Him in his fancy pvp armor or even someone in mystic or ahrims vs someone in low grade gear at ankous or Someone in hunter gear at Lava birds will put up no match. Even at dailys players get TBed - > k0ed -> Repeated when they return to finish.

3 minutes ago, Sherlock said:

But see his statement is set up as if the other player is looking for a fight. Him in his fancy pvp armor or even someone in mystic or ahrims vs someone in low grade gear at ankous or Someone in hunter gear at Lava birds will put up no match. Even at dailys players get TBed - > k0ed -> Repeated when they return to finish.

I am one of those people that will show up at daily's and tb and bind with my melee and range gear? Its called the wild tho, we have topics like this all the time.... Its a risk for a reward, that is why most the the wild bosses drop good items. 

32 minutes ago, Logical said:

The lava keys daily is something almost no-body does and you are not missing out on anything by not doing it because you can obtain lava keys outside of hunting for them.
Almost all the 'exclusive' wilderness loot is also obtainable without stepping foot in the wilderness through cursed caskets which can by purchased at edgeville and contain most of the times such as Lava pendant, Cursed items etc.
No-body fishes for lava eels, literally no-body.

There is a lot of 'end game' content outside of the wilderness, such as Raids, Max guild, grand crests and about 150+ achievements to do that have nothing to do with the wilderness.

You don't really have any real points to justify the addition of wilderness immunity other than the fact that people are getting killed in the wilderness. The wilderness was designed to be dangerous and the things we have added to the wilderness are to entice players to go there.

This again is a horrible idea. It is the wilderness, no-body is forced to go there.
Also, you do not lose untradables on death, so you can take your varrock armour anywhere.
Only hardcore ironmen risk losing their status in the wilderness and that is a restriction they understand and put on themselves when they make their accounts.

The problem is, yes it is the Wilderness, but those tasks encourage players to go fulfill them. However some tasks, such as the slayer tasks, require players to go into the Wilderness to obtain those kills in order to complete it and players may or may not want to use their Slayer or Runex points to cancel. HC Ironmen risk losing their status, but they're under the same category as us with those slayer tasks too. I was using 'Varrock armor' as a side example, players do bring equipment with them when they're fighting and if this item works out, those players won't have to risk losing their valuables either. 

Those cursed treasures and all those other items aren't known by new players, so you can't expect them to know what to do with said items as they are not donors either. Raids aren't easy and are somewhat difficult, unless you know what you're doing as most players don't. We need a balance, for those who do not donate that wants to go the extra mile to do what they need to do, and for those who donate and like to make everything easy. 

Edited by Jan

I have a HC iron man, a normal iron man and a normal non iron man. Do i die in the wild? yes i do. It is part of the game.... Risk for reward, there are other daily's you can do. @Jan

1 minute ago, twitch said:

I have a HC iron man, a normal iron man and a normal non iron man. Do i die in the wild? yes i do. It is part of the game.... Risk for reward, there are other daily's you can do. @Jan

I understand it is part of the game, but it's a suggestion for an item for other players who would like to have something to help them on their journey. There are other dailies, and I understand that as well, but it's an item that should only be used once per day for only 10 minutes for other players. My example, for myself, as I started doing the Ankou slayer task, the Ankou daily came up as well. I'm the type of person who doesn't like having something unfinished and would rather finish it. I'm sure a lot of players are like that as well. 

7 minutes ago, Jan said:

I understand it is part of the game, but it's a suggestion for an item for other players who would like to have something to help them on their journey. There are other dailies, and I understand that as well, but it's an item that should only be used once per day for only 10 minutes for other players. My example, for myself, as I started doing the Ankou slayer task, the Ankou daily came up as well. I'm the type of person who doesn't like having something unfinished and would rather finish it. I'm sure a lot of players are like that as well. 

Then go an finish it, take the risk. You guys act like there is just a hoard of pkers following you around at every corner blocking off the wilderness entirely, when in reality it is 1 or 2 people having some fun.
Take a break, do some other dailies and then come back.
I do the wilderness dailies every single day and haven't died in recent memory.

If people are going to quit over dying in the wilderness because they die in it or because they can't complete a daily task then that's just natural selection. It's the wilderness for a reason and it's quite annoying that people think they should be safe there when it's core content. YOU don't NEED to go in the wilderness at all. This suggestion is horrible and it's becoming increasingly annoying that PvMers think they should be safe wherever they go. That won't happen and neither will this specific suggestion no matter how many people support it. Just like on Osrs, PvMers aren't safe, why should they be on Runex? 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Jan said:

there are other ankou other then the ones in wild if i am not mistaking that can be used for slayer tasks, just can not use them for he daily.

9 minutes ago, twitch said:

there are other ankou other then the ones in wild if i am not mistaking that can be used for slayer tasks, just can not use them for he daily.

Oh, I was told there were only Ankous in the Wildy anyway so I went there lel. 

And @Raw, true, don't get your panties in a bunch over this suggestion. It was a fair suggestion. :l Sorry if it offended you, to be honest. 

Edited by Jan

1 minute ago, Jan said:

Oh, I was told there were only Ankous in the Wildy anyway so I went there lel. 

And @Raw, true, don't get your panties in a bunch over this suggestion. It was a fair suggestion. :l 

It's not a fair suggestion when there's one of these every few weeks because people can't handle being attacked.

Just now, Raw said:

It's not a fair suggestion when there's one of these every few weeks because people can't handle being attacked.

Oh, I just joined yesterday so I wouldn't have known. (: I was asked to put in my thoughts for the idea and I did. 

xbhnZGV.png

Oh you were the one flaming my PMS yesterday because I killed you twice on my wilderness route

Edited by Alpha Rye
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Sherlock said:

Now the problem within that is for one main thing...in the 3rd pool, everyone knows each other. Which ultimately gives them the most control of the wild considering they're able to finish even the most difficult tasks in the wild with a quick request of a friend. With this pool having the most cash, so expect them to bring the best gear that will out do any gear that the medium pool will be bringing. 

Yes, we know each other but that doesn't mean that i'm not going to get slapped if I step foot in wildy. That's main reason I don't enter.

If you're not a pker, nor do you have the ability to tank a pker? I suggest you should avoid the wilderness, full stop. Yes, there are bosses in wildy but they're not amazing money makers like you claim them to be. Furthermore, this suggestion will never pass simply because the wilderness is mainly designed for player vs player content. Wilderness content such as chests and bosses is only to entice players into the wildy, creating more of a pking player base. Myself, am not a part of this player base but that being said, do not disagree with the way the wilderness works. I understand your frustration but that's just the way the cookie crumbles.

• Like 2

Ironic to the OP, I am siding with Logical, Kong and Raw on this situation.

It's not because I'm a part of this "3rd group" because in fact, I'm very poor and I haven't PKed in months.. but changes like this would be absolutely horrible for the server as a whole, in my opinion (and many others'). 

I can see why people would THINK knowing each other grants immunity, but what you guys don't know is that most of the people in the "higher class" of Runex actually DON'T like each other half as much as you think. 

8 hours ago, Raw said:

If people are going to quit over dying in the wilderness because they die in it or because they can't complete a daily task then that's just natural selection. It's the wilderness for a reason and it's quite annoying that people think they should be safe there when it's core content. YOU don't NEED to go in the wilderness at all. This suggestion is horrible and it's becoming increasingly annoying that PvMers think they should be safe wherever they go. That won't happen and neither will this specific suggestion no matter how many people support it. Just like on Osrs, PvMers aren't safe, why should they be on Runex? 

And that's completely fine-Everyone's entitled to their opinion and figured players of the 3rd pool will disagree. In your own world where you think it's 1 or 2 people in reality it is several people sitting in exits mainly at lava birds and chest. If you'd like I'd be happy to record some footage and upload just to show how harassing the wild can be so that everyone else may see it. It's easy for everyone in the 3rd pool to not agree since they aren't the one's having to deal with it. Grief is being allowed on the server while other's are just trying to live out their adventure in the game that was promoted claiming to be "Community friendly". 

With you being a mod,I'm quite dazzled there isn't a slightest interest in watching this community rise in ratings as well as population.  When your most annoying players who "can't handle being attacked" Repeatedly complain over this it becomes your main problem and would think you'd have a taste in fixing that. It's fine though, you're stuck on your decision & I respect that, But if this issue continues then so will the people leaving and will ultimately be the reason the server remains hindered from growth making your Youtube promotions all for nothing giving it one more reason why it's lower in rankings compared to others. 

Enjoy your day folks. ;)

Edited by Sherlock