Dragon 9616

Forum point system

Hey there,

I noticed that we have a point system on forums which is awesome and I think there should be more too it...🤔🤔

It would be neat to have a custom title for a player to have on their forum account to show off for being the top contributor for a month or even have some for longer periods of times.

Honestly it does not even have to be a title but some kind of accolade.

I feel this would make the forums more active and give players some motivation to post and work towards something on the forums. 

Of course there should be some guidelines of what would qualify as a post that would count towards the total like not spam or etc.

This is just a suggestion let me know what you think! Thanks for reading.

-Dragon 9616

• Like 1

+1

An implementation of a point system would be beneficial for activity I agree 

Maybe even adding little titles for reaching certain milestones like 50 posts, 100 posts, 200, etc would be nice

Also this has been suggested time and time again but having donator ranks on the forums should be implemented too 

+1

this implementation would be very helpful for staff applicants in showing their forum activity.

also would be very cool to see more titles for non staff members on forums such as these milestones and something thats been requested for a while - donator ranks.

24 minutes ago, Safi said:

+1

An implementation of a point system would be beneficial for activity I agree 

Maybe even adding little titles for reaching certain milestones like 50 posts, 100 posts, 200, etc would be nice

Also this has been suggested time and time again but having donator ranks on the forums should be implemented too 

I just realized this Forum does not have that either haha. I do know though that it depends on the source of the website and what it comes along with. For all I know this forum layout actually may not have badges. In that case the forums would have to merge over to a different layout which would put the forums on hold as it merges. Which would be unfortunate but maybe beneficial? Who knows? Haha

17 minutes ago, siah said:

+1

this implementation would be very helpful for staff applicants in showing their forum activity.

also would be very cool to see more titles for non staff members on forums such as these milestones and something thats been requested for a while - donator ranks.

I agree with your statement completely. My response is also kind of above as well when I replied to Safi. I think it depends on the forum source and what comes with it.

Edited by Dragon 9616

I recently saw a forums which had a 'badge' system. This allowed players to earn badges to show off on the forums both through in-game achievements and forum contributions. Such as;

• Maxed Account [in-game],
  • 250 Reputation points [Forums],

There would even be badges for contributing to events on the forums like the QnA and for being an active member through posting suggestions, finding bugs etc. 

I'd love to see this kind of system implemented. 

I'd love to see the donator ranks being added to the people donating. If this being actual donated from account or total claimed, doesn't matter to me, but I am a sucker for those who donated from their own wallet.

+1

On 6/9/2018 at 9:56 PM, Logical said:

I recently saw a forums which had a 'badge' system. This allowed players to earn badges to show off on the forums both through in-game achievements and forum contributions. Such as;

• Maxed Account [in-game],
  • 250 Reputation points [Forums],

There would even be badges for contributing to events on the forums like the QnA and for being an active member through posting suggestions, finding bugs etc. 

I'd love to see this kind of system implemented. 

@Logical I have seen similar systems on other forums and agree it would be a great addition to ours - I could direct Ryan to the system other forums use to make it easier.

@Dragon 9616 I'd +1 this as well, it would make the whole userbar to the left of posts look at lot better and in my opinion, that's always a good thing.

ANYTHING to make the forums more likable/more active..

Runex deserves way more TLC for what it's worth! @Ryan

• Thanks 1

We have some new forum additions in the works as we speak.

Ranks based on points/contribution would be a great follow-up!

Thank you for your suggestion.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Just now, Ryan said:

Thanks for taking the time to look at my thread! 😁

17 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Excellent!