Raw

Trials of RuneX

Trials of Runex.

a 2v2 or 3v3 PvP mode where survival, sticking together and playing as a team is key.
Similar to "Trials of Osiris" in Destiny 1 or "Trials of The Nine" in Destiny 2. The winning team after 3 rounds of PvP combat (cycling through every map) gets to loot a chest at the end for potentially amazing loots.

You need cunning and smarts to outlast your opponents.
3 different PvP maps designed after the old clan wars arena's on runescape 2.

This game mode is more than just PvP, it's a way of death and is host to some of the most powerful weapons or armor RuneX.

• Cursed range armor.
  • Elite void armor.
  • Chaotic spear
  • Chaotic claws
  • Dark dagger
  • Robes of darkness
  • Torva, Pernix, virtus armor.
  • Dragonfire Ward

Any other suggestions for gear would be a great help.

Keep in mind, this is only a suggestion. Not something that will be added to the game or may be added to the game. I got the idea when I heard about Mrcyphers dream.

• Like 2

Sounds like FUN! -Support

I like it tbh, but only if the playing field is evened out. Otherwise richest players would win purely from item stats. 

Just now, Beck said:

I like it tbh, but only if the playing field is evened out. Otherwise richest players would win purely from item stats. 

Talking about a pre-set kinda gear thing? that would be something that can be set up.

i support if you team with me otherwise i don't 

not trying to lose :ph34r:

6 hours ago, Raw said:

Trials of Runex.

a 2v2 or 3v3 PvP mode where survival, sticking together and playing as a team is key.
Similar to "Trials of Osiris" in Destiny 1 or "Trials of The Nine" in Destiny 2. The winning team after 3 rounds of PvP combat (cycling through every map) gets to loot a chest at the end for potentially amazing loots.

You need cunning and smarts to outlast your opponents.
3 different PvP maps designed after the old clan wars arena's on runescape 2.

This game mode is more than just PvP, it's a way of death and is host to some of the most powerful weapons or armor RuneX.

• Cursed range armor.
  • Elite void armor.
  • Chaotic spear
  • Chaotic claws
  • Dark dagger
  • Robes of darkness
  • Torva, Pernix, virtus armor.
  • Dragonfire Ward

Any other suggestions for gear would be a great help.

Keep in mind, this is only a suggestion. Not something that will be added to the game or may be added to the game. I got the idea when I heard about Mrcyphers dream.

I like the pure idea behind a pvp minigame, but I see a lot of potential issues with it;

1. I'll get this out of the way first, This suggestion seems incredibly self serving. Due to the fact that you are one of the best pkers on the server and you often team up with arguably the other best pkers on the server. A minigame designed for team pvp with huge and unique loot is kinda like Rolla suggesting a 24 hour contest to see who can get the most experience. Not making any accusations or anything, I certainly am no stranger to making suggestions that I would benefit from. 

2. Rewards. I'm not sure if the list you made was of gear obtainable inside the minigame to use or possible loot, but most of it is pretty bad.

• Cursed range armour: We really, really don't need any more cursed items. Lava dragon, Kharazi, armadyl and Morrigans have the range gear locked down. Adding in something new would just be a balancing mess and over saturation of high end gear.
  • Elite void: Why on earth would we add it this way. It would be so much nicer to add pest control and the ability to purchase regular void and upgrade it to elite through PC.
  • Choatic spear: Sure, it could be a decent reward. But we do have the Kharazi spear, Sunspear, Vesta's spear, Zamorakian spear, and the karamja gloves to boost all of them. Not sure we need another spear as it is the same balancing and over saturation as cursed range gear.
  • Chaotic Claws: I love it. As long as it would be some kind of 'add-on' for dragon claws.
  • Dark Dagger: In my experience, this dagger is usually a pretty bad item used mainly for fashionscape, I'd have to hear more about your vision for it.
  • Robes of darkness: Again, more of a fashionscape item, I'd have to hear more.
  • Nex armours: God no, We have every single nex set already. They're called, Cursed/Sand mummie, Nardah robes and Kharazi. Adding nex armours, especially through a pvp minigame of all places would be a huge mess and not 'RuneX' at all.
  • Dragonfire Ward: Vorkath? Why shoot future updates in the foot by adding it here. 

3. We are a pvm server: I'll put it plainly, not enough of our current player base would actively use this feature. Sure, it could entice other pvpers from other servers to join RuneX, but our current players come first and spending what would probably be a huge amount of development time on a purely pvp minigame would really piss our player base off. You probably already saw how many of them got upset that we had 3 wilderness related updates in a row even when most of it was pvm/skilling related. 

4. Farmable: This sounds incredibly farmable. In both the classic rule breaking sense and the Raw, Roger and Murdaaa vs 3 randoms who can't pk sense. I've already stated that you are a top tier pker and you would team with similar players and you will stomp most competition, meaning easy loot for you. 

I'd support this if;

1. It didn't take up a lot of development time,
  2. If there are only a handful of unique rewards,
  3. If a ranking system is put in place to stop high end teams crushing low end teams over and over for easy loot.

Cool suggestion, no hate, just constructive feedback. 

3 hours ago, Logical said:

3. We are a pvm server: I'll put it plainly, not enough of our current player base would actively use this feature. Sure, it could entice other pvpers from other servers to join RuneX, but our current players come first and spending what would probably be a huge amount of development time on a purely pvp minigame would really piss our player base off. You probably already saw how many of them got upset that we had 3 wilderness related updates in a row even when most of it was pvm/skilling related. 

sums up how i feel about it.

at one point i thought ryan wanted to transition the server into a hybrid base after roger was asking for pvp suggestions on behalf of him (ryan) but i'm not sure where that went to.

the update would appeal to a handful of in-game members, no more. It might potentially bring a few outsiders into the community but they wont stay once they see how poorly optimized pvp is (switches) compared to osrs and other places. 

the suggestion is great and i'd total support it if there were a larger pvp player base in addition to a more fluid system.

-1/+1

• Like 1

+1 

Great idea mate.

Edited by Bar

6 hours ago, Logical said:

Choatic spear: Sure, it could be a decent reward. But we do have the Kharazi spear, Sunspear, Vesta's spear, Zamorakian spear, and the karamja gloves to boost all of them. Not sure we need another spear as it is the same balancing and over saturation as cursed range gear.

I am almost 100% sure that the karamja gloves does not work with sunspear. I've tried kharazi spear (e) and sunspear in several situations, and kharazi win every time. Sunspear being arguably the best spear in-game, no chance to out damage a kharazi spear (e).

6 hours ago, Logical said:
  • Dark Dagger: In my experience, this dagger is usually a pretty bad item used mainly for fashionscape, I'd have to hear more about your vision for it.
  • Robes of darkness: Again, more of a fashionscape item, I'd have to hear more.

Even if it was just for fashionscape. Bring it in. Need more for the part of community that enjoy looking good and funny all at once.

I do not support this at all, much like @Logical said, this sounds like a self serving suggestion that will mainly benefit the few top pkers. Logical said pretty much everything that needed to be said. 

Why bring more gear into the game when the CURRENT bis melee is only seen one place in the game. On the gamblers. There's currently 1 set of draconic, and as far as I know. No one even try to get another one. So I don't see why we would bring in even more gear which would be bis, and if it was not bis, why add it then? No one would go for it. 

I could see this being an event that was host-able for mods only if enough players participated, but that would mean dead content 98% of the time. So that's not worth the development time.

#Trigg

Ez loots. I'd like this personally.

Could make it a pick up game type of style also w/ team leaders to be more fair ig.

Doubt it'd be added but any sort of new unique pk content would be appreciated.

And there is quite a bit more pkers than alot of people think I've been seeing posted in discords.

Interesting concept!

We don't have plans for new minigames any time soon, but I'll keep this in the vault for future inspiration.

Thanks,
Ryan