Sign in to follow this  
Ralph

Chaos Mummy Guide

Chaos Mummy Guide

FAQ

Q: How do I fight the Chaos mummy?

• A: You teleport to the chaos mummy with a "Chaos mummy scroll". This scroll is obtained from looting sarcophagi in the Nardah minigame or by killing the mummies in there (See monster drop tables in game for specific values).
    • 0rAAezL.png

Q: Does the Chaos mummy respawn?

• A: No, you are only able to fight one Chaos mummy per scroll. To fight more you need to obtain more scrolls from other players or the Nardah minigame.

Q: Is the Chaos mummy worth it to kill?

• A: In my opinion, Chaos mummy can be a very profitable boss since the drop rates for expensive items are not that high of a drop rate. On the other hand, the Chaos mummy scroll can be sold to other players for a decent amount of money. At the end of the day, it depends on how lucky you're feeling ;).
    • Chaos mummy's drop table is as follows:
      • Spoiler
        • gFJ0FoI.png
        • BRfabMN.png
        • MRrh0NN.png

Gear and Inventory Setup

• Killing the Chaos mummy with mage is the recommended method but it can be done with range (do not recommend melee since you will be getting hit with melee and range/mage depending on phase). 
  • Bring LOTS of prayer potions since the Chaos mummy drains your prayer.
    • Food is not needed. However if it is your first Chaos mummy kill, or you are not confident in killing it, bringing a bit of food would be a good precaution.
  • Bring drop related items such as, ring of wealth (i), legendary pet with luck accessories, and a luck token.

QwABM4x.png

• This is my personal Chaos mummy setup. The gear can be scaled down depending on your budget (make sure to bring plenty of prayer potions if you do not have great gear)
    • The staff I'm using for my Chaos mummy kills as well as general Nardah runs is a "Chaos sceptre"The reason why the Chaos sceptre is better than any other staves at Chaos mummy is because of the 30% bonus accuracy and damage you get from using the staff in Nardah (this includes the Chaos mummy).
      • 6Bfbzhy.png

Kill Explanation

• As soon as you teleport into the Chaos mummy room, attack the Chaos mummy so he won't wonder away from the table and try to come up to use melee attacks on you.
    • If he does start hitting you with melee, trap him behind the table and step away from him in a straight line (his melee attack range is a couple of squares so get as far away as you can)
  • There are two things to remember when killing the Chaos mummy: the prayer drain, and the different phases.
    • Prayer drain: Every time the Chaos mummy hits you he will drain a certain % of your prayer. To minimize this effect, drink a dose of your prayer potion when you get low on prayer points (I drink at 1 or 2 prayer points)
    • Phase 1: During phase 1, keep range prayer up. This phase will last for the first half of the Chaos mummy's hitpoints (1,000 hp).
      • During this phase the Chaos mummy's attack should look like this:
        • E8R5J6k.png
    • Phase 2: During phase 2, keep mage prayer up. This phase will last for the rest of the kill.
      • During this phase the Chaos mummy's attack should look like this:
        • GfzZZVe.png

Kill Example

Spoiler

• Thanks 2

Quality guide, much appreciated! :D

• Like 1