Iron Logic

Skilling In Raids

Hello there Runex, when raids was first announced I was very excited to see what kind of skilling updates would be introduced inside of raids, as I only really skill if it adds to my experience. (I.E, No use getting 99 agility).

However, We have seen a different style of raids, there is almost no focus on skilling and the very little skilling that is involved is annoying and rarely utilised as it just wastes time.

There are 2 methods that we could add skilling into raids;

1. Add unique training spots that either offer the best experience or a good source of money (I.E dark crab fishing). Or,
  2. Merge the skilling into the raids so they go hand in hand rather than 'Do the raid', 'Skill', 'Kill olm', 'Repeat'.

I'd much prefer the second option, as I would want the skilling to be used by everyone and not just the few who want to skill.

So here is my suggestion;

Add 'Pilfering'.

What I mean by this is add a subsection of rooms full of chests to loot and other beneficial additions.

• The Rooms:

These rooms would be similar to the Demi boss rooms, but instead of having a boss, they will be filled with chests and shrines. 

• How Do you get into the rooms?

The rooms would be accessed in 2 ways, through herblore or agility.

For agility, the player would simple be able to 'Squeeze through' a tight gap, Requiring a high agility level to do so.

For Herblore, The player would be able to make an 'explosive' potion to bypass the agility requirement, Requiring a high herblore level to do so.

• The chests:

The chests would contain various noted skilling supplies among other rewards. Essentially they would have a very low tier version of the end chest rewards (Except for the main raid items). 

The chests would only be able to be opened and searched once.

The chests would require a variety of skills to access:

• Booby-trapped chests (Requiring agility to overcome),
  • Frozen Chests (Requiring Firemaking [and woodcutting] to melt),
  • Broken Chests (Requiring Smithing to fix)
  • Locked Chests (Requiring Hunter to catch a nearby creature who has the key),
  • Guarded Chests (Requiring slayer to spawn and kill a random high end slayer NPC who drops the key),
  • Bone Chests (Requiring Fletching to fletch a 'Skeleton key' fletched from the bones of a nearby skeleton),
  • Jewelled Chests (Requiring crafting to perfectly cut a gem on the ground),
  • Hardened Chests (Requiring Herblore to make an acidic potion to melt the chest),
  • Fancy Chests (Requiring Construction to fix the chest, will then open),
  • Imbued Chests (Requiring Runecrafting to disable the imbue),
  • Regular Chests (Requiring only high combat skills to smash them apart.

All chests would also require thieving levels to open except those destroyed in the process of opening, Hardened and Regular.

• The Shrines:

These shrines can by worshipped by the player, as long as they meet the prayer level requirements. 

Worshipping shrines will assist the rest of your raid party (If you are in a team) by giving everyone in the raid certain buffs.

The Buffs can include:

• Various Percentage Defence or Offence Buffs: I.E 15% increase to melee damage, 50% incoming damage nullification.
  • Endless Prayer Points (I.E prayer points no-longer drain),
  • Overload (Giving all players the stat boost as though they had consumed an overload potion, this does not drain, even when saradomin brews are consumed),
  • Safety Net (Deaths will incur no point loss)
  • Double Dipping (All players will get a 4th item in the final loot chest)[Will not give any extra chance to obtain a rare item]
  • Earth Quake (All Demi Boss Effects are bypassed, such as Vasa's Crystals (Never spawn), Vespulas portal instantly dies etc.

• Unique Items to Add:
    • Infernal (Or Molten) Handle.

This would be able to be combined with a dragon skilling tool such as the Axe, Pickaxe or Harpoon to create the infernal (Or molten, to stick with our current theme) variation.

These tools would have an effect such as the axe having a chance to instantly burn logs, the pickaxe instantly smelt bars (Bypassing coal requirement when needed) and the harpoon automatically cooking food. They would give experience for all of these actions at a higher rate than that which would be given when regularly burning, cooking and smithing. They would also complete actions faster since they would be a higher tier of tool.

These would be obtained rarely from the various chests.

There would obviously be a lot of balancing to be considered with all of these suggestions. But the biggest goal here is to add high end skilling that offers benefits for those who want to go out of their way to do so, but will not be required for the raid for those who don't. 

• Like 2

This is an amazing suggestion overall, would love to have more rooms to raids and having to skill being added to raids. You need to read this @Ryan.

Cheers

• Thanks 1

+1 Love this and would very much like to see this added to the raids. 

On 3/10/2018 at 8:07 AM, Logical said:

Earth Quake (All Demi Boss Effects are bypassed, such as Vasa's Crystals (Never spawn), Vespulas portal instantly dies etc.

I really like this one because it's going to speed up the raid, but also if you get this shrine and choose to use it, you also sacrifice a lot of points for the end results in the raid. So it's a good and bad thing you have to decide in the team if you want to have.

• Thanks 1