Iron Logic

Are they worth it? Rune Dragons.

• What are they:

Rune dragons are a new level 380 NPC with 330 hitpoints. 

• Attacks:

They have the regular dragonfire attack, a standard melee attack and a strong range attack.

• Notable Drops:

Dragon Platebody (1/2049), Draconic Visage (1/2049), Dragon Kiteshield (1/1000), Dragon Crossbow (1/1000), 25-50 Dragon Bolts (unf) (1/20), 100 Wrath runes (Common).

• Requirements:

5 King Lava dragon kills to enter the metal dragon caves;

100 Mithril dragon kills to enter the next rune;

100 Adamant dragon kills to attack Rune Dragons.

Some form of dragonfire protection such as a Lava pendant, dragonfire sheild, antifire shield or antifire potion.

40-43 prayer for protect from range - protect from melee.

• Loot from 500 kills:

1FGXREx.png

• 7200 Wrath Runes,
  • 54750 Soul Runes,
  • 675 Noted Dragon Bones (Equivalent to 1930000 prayer Experience),
  • 1600 Noted Rune Bars (Equivalent to 1296000 smithing experience and 2707200 Fletching experience),
  • 1225 Noted Runite Ores (Equivalent to 1630 catalyst tokens),
  • 300 Noted Ring of Wealths (Used for ancient ring creation),
  • 130 Noted Rune Platebodies (Equivalent to 6M GP),
  • 1170 Dragon Bolt (unf),
  • 9 Dragon Skirts (Used for task scrolls),
  • 10 Dragon Platelegs (Used for task scrolls),
  • 5 Dragon Gauntlets (Used to create Penance gloves),
  • 2 Dragon Crossbows (1H Crossbow with +94 range attack and the ability to fire dragon bolts),
  • ~500 Dragon Bones (Bone crushed for 108000 prayer experience)
  • ~1000 Rune Bars (Left on the ground, missing out on x smithing experience and x fletching experience).

• Conclusion:

Are they worth killing?

For ironmen, Rune dragons are an excellent source of smithing, fletching and prayer experience and probably the best source of catalyst tokens (Apart from Cursed tree). They are also one of the best methods of obtaining Soul runes for blood spells and wrath runes for surge spells. 

For mains, Rune dragons may not be worth killing are their 'rare' drops are not very expensive or useful and are not worth grinding for. Your time would be better spent killing something more profitable with noteworthy drops. 

13447410 (216)

190,124 (314)

• Like 1

I like that for once there was some thought given in the common/uncommon drops of a mob. They're actually worth picking. However, this was at the expense of completely shite very rare drops (i.e. Dragon pl8body and Kiteshield). Their stats are really bad, which I don't mind that much cos I dont want more BIS stuff, but cmon they could have been a lil bit better