Jean Paul

Quality of Life suggestions - We need you!

Hello Runex Players

Yes, as stated in the title we need you! Currently, we have been talking a lot about these so said "Quality of Life" (QoL) suggestions with the staff team. The server owner Ryan and Nate are willing to improve and work on this. BUT, RuneX is big and we are sure our beloved community can come up with way more Qol suggestions then we already have. 

What do we ask from you?
We would love to see you comment a list of Qol suggestions we should work on. Every single suggestion will be looked into and we will compile a list of all important and necessary Qol suggestions. 

Regards,
The Staff-team

Final Qol suggestions list:

Spoiler

Coming soon

Community Qol suggestions: 

Credits to @Raw for the first list

Spoiler
  • Imbued god capes
  • Divine Hawk pet
  • Miasmic spells
  • Hunter's crossbow
  • Team boss or something like Tekton on Spk that drops raid gear. We shouldn't have to get raid gear from a token. It should be from a boss drop.
  • a place to fish rocktails or dark crabs
  • Abyssal sire boss
  • buff Armadyl godsword. It's not worth using as a spec.
  • Castle wars halo's
  • right click exchange on platinum tokens and coins to turn them into eachother. Example - platinum token to coins, coins to platinum tokens.
  • fix protection values of ALL items brought into the game through updates. 
  • Elite void knight gear and potentially a minigame to obtain it. (pest control)
  • Crazy archaelogist wilderness boss.
  • http://prntscr.com/i9sd2e Tekton boss. for raid gear.
  • allow us to "follow dance" when following another player <3
  • add 3rd age items, bow, longsword, pickaxe, hatchet etc.
  • fix the equipment levels of PVP armors. 1 defence can weild them.
  • Add trading post to ::gamble
  • make it so accounts have to have a certain playtime to gamble so new players can't just gamble their stuff away.
  • potential spk pets? Cosmetically of course. Perhaps from a kind of boss achievement? kill x amount of bosses in total, tier 1, 2, 3 4 and so on? Or could brainstorm. 
  • veteran capes.
  • more ornament kits for items, dragon scimitar, dagger etc.
  • More Lunar spells - fertile soil, cure disease humidify string jewelry (Npc contact?)
  • Afk guards not being able to teleport you from the wilderness
  • Make catalyst, skiller, combat tokens drop gold or blood money upon death in the wilderness.
  • More skilling pets, i.e tangleroot etc.
  • 120 skilling/combat capes. prime\supreme have to get 104m xp, normal\hard players have to get 200m xp to unlock. (would be cosmetic only)
  • Freeze timer for when frozen by ancient spells.
  • herb cleaner. Make it cost 3-4k per herb to clean. Good money-sink
  • Lletya added as a ::chill zone
  • add ultimate ironman. No banking allowed.
  • Revenants
  • Barrelchest boss
  • add things to the ::vip zone
  • Private instances for ironmen\others. Make it so you pay a fee to enter an instance. example - 10m for 30 minutes.
  • Dominion gloves. Dominion tower minigame. Goliath gloves, swift, spellcasters gloves.
  • more chinning\barraging spots. Bandits get crowded quick.

Credits to @Slump God

Spoiler
  • Some raids, Exact from RS or a "custom" remake of it.
  • MORE BENEFITS FOR DONATORS. $100+ donator should be well rewarded for their efforts to the server.
  • Add more team-friendly PVM'ing whether it be world spawn or not.
  • Add new content for mage/melee weaponry. Something that speaks Overpowered for the right time and effort.
  • Alter or fix the Rune Coin exchange or item prices inside.
  • Add new bosses. Update towards OSRS.
  • Possibly add a new minigame, to help towards upgrading certain weaponry/armory towards a better in-slot bonus.
  • Make skilling more worth doing. Add more incentive when doing so.
  • Host some events as a Staff team to attract new players and to keep those new players. Throw some good ideas down, for everyone.

Credits to @Baileys

Spoiler

Distractions and Diversions like RS3 Have:

• Shooting Star > Trade in dust gathered from the star in order to get a random amount of ores coinciding with your Mining level (Can be mined at level 1-99). Rare chance to spawn a Alien like creature similar to AFK guard for a chance at a Dragon Pickaxe.
  • Bork > Another way to gain charms (Sets of 10/15 Charms), Available once every 6 to 12 Hours

Agility Changes:

• Advanced Agility Courses for Barb/Gnome > Agility is quite tedious with 3 courses. Reward being Agile Armor available with Special MoG (Marks of Grace) 
  • Rooftop Agility > Gather more MoG (Marks of Grace) in order to Dye your Graceful (Blue,Green,Yellow,Red,Light Blue,White,Black)

Other random bits:

• 120 Capes > Purely Cosmetic or offering the same stat/skillcape perk as normal ones, 200m xp Skill for Normal Players, 104m xp for Supreme and Primes. Available to buy for 5m by Right Clicking the 99 Cape in Gen store and selecting the Cape
  • Clue Scrolls > Reworking the Clue Scroll Rewards Drastically, Maybe adding 3A Work tools (Axe, Hatchet), Super rare reward of a dye which would be able to apply to a Chaotic only (Crystal Dye,Blood Dye, 3A Dye ETC) 

• Like 3

-Bring raids, whether it be exact from RS or a "custom" remake of it.

-MORE BENEFITS FOR DONATORS. $100+ donator should be well rewarded for their efforts to the server.

-Add more team-friendly PVM'ing whether it be world spawn or not.

-Add new content for mage/melee weaponry. Something that speaks Overpowered for the right time and effort.

-Alter or fix the Rune Coin exchange or item prices inside.

-Add new bosses. Update towards OSRS.

-Possibly add a new minigame, to help towards upgrading certain weaponry/armory towards a better in-slot bonus.

-Make skilling more worth doing. Add more incentive when doing so.

-Host some events as a Staff team to attract new players and to keep those new players. Throw some good ideas down, for everyone.

All I got for now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Shooting Star > Trade in dust gathered from the star in order to get a random amount of ores coinciding with your Mining level (Can be mined at level 1-99). Rare chance to spawn a Alien like creature similar to AFK guard for a chance at a Dragon Pickaxe.

Bork > Another way to gain charms (Sets of 10/15 Charms), Available once every 6 to 12 Hours

Agility Changes:

Advanced Agility Courses for Barb/Gnome > Agility is quite tedious with 3 courses. Reward being Agile Armor available with Special MoG (Marks of Grace) 

Rooftop Agility > Gather more MoG (Marks of Grace) in order to Dye your Graceful (Blue,Green,Yellow,Red,Light Blue,White,Black)

Other random bits:

120 Capes > Purely Cosmetic or offering the same stat/skillcape perk as normal ones, 200m xp Skill for Normal Players, 104m xp for Supreme and Primes. Available to buy for 5m by Right Clicking the 99 Cape in Gen store and selecting the Cape

Clue Scrolls > Reworking the Clue Scroll Rewards Drastically, Maybe adding 3A Work tools (Axe, Hatchet), Super rare reward of a dye which would be able to apply to a Chaotic only (Crystal Dye,Blood Dye, 3A Dye ETC) 

• Like 4

All these suggestions are great, but I want to add more stress to increased agility options and more ways of obtaining luck and catalyst tokens that would aim towards the HCIM player base.

As well as a rune coin exchange timer and PoH timer for Spirit Tree.

It's also a longshot but possibly added Drop Rate % for Ironman game mode, but if added take away the possibility of being able to de-iron.

More ways of obtaining Dragon or Amethyst arrows for Ironmen, currently we are very limited on obtaining high tier arrows.

New daily rotations, more combat dailys, just a broader span of challenges in general

Make rune-coin tradeable possibly?

Set all Hard task to 15 slayer points, (Sometimes they give 10)

Add bonecrusher to slayer shop

Code more of the map, PLEASE. 

first things first:

ironman instances for bosses - only certain ones like dks and all the easy solo-able/popular ones also for a small fee.

agility improvements - but nothing we've seen, rooftops are lame. i enjoy your custom content and would love to see you guys have an idea among yourselves

clue storage- bank space is a problem and i have no problem donation for space, but the cosmetics for clues needs a separate storage

item protection values- enough said

*more to come i don't forum well sorry for the hideous layout*

43 minutes ago, Baileys said:

Shooting Star > Trade in dust gathered from the star in order to get a random amount of ores coinciding with your Mining level (Can be mined at level 1-99). Rare chance to spawn a Alien like creature similar to AFK guard for a chance at a Dragon Pickaxe.

Bork > Another way to gain charms (Sets of 10/15 Charms), Available once every 6 to 12 Hours

Agility Changes:

Advanced Agility Courses for Barb/Gnome > Agility is quite tedious with 3 courses. Reward being Agile Armor available with Special MoG (Marks of Grace) 

Rooftop Agility > Gather more MoG (Marks of Grace) in order to Dye your Graceful (Blue,Green,Yellow,Red,Light Blue,White,Black)

Other random bits:

120 Capes > Purely Cosmetic or offering the same stat/skillcape perk as normal ones, 200m xp Skill for Normal Players, 104m xp for Supreme and Primes. Available to buy for 5m by Right Clicking the 99 Cape in Gen store and selecting the Cape

Clue Scrolls > Reworking the Clue Scroll Rewards Drastically, Maybe adding 3A Work tools (Axe, Hatchet), Super rare reward of a dye which would be able to apply to a Chaotic only (Crystal Dye,Blood Dye, 3A Dye ETC) 

Stole my 120 cape idea and 3@ tools :(

1 hour ago, Baileys said:

Super rare reward of a dye which would be able to apply to a Chaotic only (Crystal Dye,Blood Dye, 3A Dye ETC) 

I don't support this one, but everything else I like!

i would like to see more diverse armour in the future, a few options maybe the "nex" items such as torva or some custom armour sets.

I agree with slump with the donations but there should be a donation stop between £100 and £500 as i feel its quite a big gap

what i would also like to see in the future is more server wide events like the frost jad on xmas and the Enormous mole, this isn't limited to fighting bosses. some skilling server wide events would be awesome too.

• Like 1

I would love to see Puro Puro. I believe it will add an incentive to train the skill and possible money making method. As said by @Baileys shooting star would be perfect, maybe even add some small xp lamps when you trade in. Adding on to the 120 Skill Capes idea I feel they deserve a perk of some sort, eve if it is a small one.

Edited by Tackers

Add the torment and anguish prayers, equivalent of turmoil but for mage and range respectively, requiring 95 pray.

suggestions:

- more daily challanges, more skilling onces

- farming is hard to get up, add a tree patch or some expantion to the skill

- ironman / gamemode specifiek perks and items easy modes gets a green teamcape with some offcence stats < red teamcape for primes / ironman mode something else maybe? amulet? ...

- add more gloves to the astral shop for rc, blood / death ? would be usefull for ironman mode

- instances for ironman and buyable for regular players

((if you die as an ironman in wildy, you can't go back and pick up the prayer pots or other stuff that you lost, maybe fix this?))

I was wondering if it would be possible to make bonds buyable on ironman accounts, i like to play only ironman but cannot get bonds. I know i can "just buy them" but not everyone can spend the money. Maybe make it so it only goes through staff or something, just throwing suggestions out here.

Im sure some if not all of this has been mentioned somewhere already but here goes.

- Construction update. POH are great and add a unique custom experience to the game. Adding extra features or implementing some of the missing content that currently exists would be great. The costume room with the wardrobes and fancy dress boxes to store all of the cosmetic items and sets would be a great addition to satisfy completionist's and Ironmen alike. Especially with the amount of custom items we have in game and the lack of bank space.

- Updated Elite Zone. Currently the D Zone is the optimum choice in nearly all situations and the E zone is rarely used which is sad. People who contribute their time and money to the server to unlock elite donator status should be rewarded properly. Proposed updates may include more skilling options at the e zone such as a runecrafting altar or hunter npc's.

- Instanced Boss's (especially for Ironmen). Speaks for itself. At peak hour on the server its hard to find a place alone to do bosses like KBD, Lizard Shaman ect. Maybe Instanced bosses can be an Elite Donor perk via E Zone?

- Skill Improvements. I know skill updates are coming but it would be great to see some additional content added to skills such as Farming, Mining and Firemaking. Farming updates such as Trees and higher level allotment seeds. 

- Slayer Update. Maybe im not doing it right but collecting slayer points seems to take a long long times. Maybe like OSRS after every 5 or 10 tasks in a row you should be rewarded with extra points. Same with every 50 or 100. It feels like I've been doing slayer forever and i've only got less than 1000 slayer points. Duo Slayer is great but at times its hard to find a someone to do this with. 

Just a couple of suggestions that i think would help improve the Runex experience. Thanks!

• Like 1

can we get a fix for rfd gloves trimmed on female chars? 

it's been asked for over a year.

l4qsijb.png

6QGbKo2.png

it's only like this on old school graphics, it's fine on the newer graphics but those are ugly af.

zWJyCWu.png

Having bone crusher work for birdsnares and other straight to inventory (non noted) bones