Ralph

Zulrah aka Money Snek Guide (ranged) (outdated gear)

Recommended Gear

For my Zulrah trips I use almost max gear, however this is only needed for really fast kills (my record is 0:57 with this gear :))

YTZIi73.png

However I would say the bare minimum requirements are 70 ranged and 43 prayer.

This is what you should be wearing:

• Helm: Fused slayer helm > Ranged slayer helm > Slayer helm (i) > Master chompy > Armadyl helm > Robin
    • I recommend getting a task before doing Zulrah it'll help a lot and you can get 15% extra drop rate from slayer emblems
  • Cape: Kharazi cape > Ava's (t) > Ava's
  • Neck: Ranged amulet (t) > Nardah amulet > Ranged amulet > Fury > Glory
  • Weapon: Twisted bow > Cursed cannon > Dark bow/Seercull > Chaotic crossbow > Armadyl Crossbow > Runite Crossbow
  • Arrow slot: Handcannon shot if using a handcannon, Dragon arrows if using a bow, Onyx bolts (e)/Dragon bolts (e)/Ruby bolts (e)/Diamond bolts (e) if using a crossbow
  • Shield slot (if needed): Odium > Book of law > Unholy book > Book of balance (books from achievement shop)
  • Gloves: Karamja gloves 3 > Barrows Gloves > Cursed gloves > Dragon gloves
  • Ring: Ring of law > Shaman ring (i) > Shaman Ring > Archers (i) > Archers
  • Boots: Kharazi boots (for range str) > Pegs (for range accuracy) > Ranger boots > God d'hide boots
  • Body: Kharazi body (for range str) > Lava d'hide body (for range accuracy) > Armadyl body > Karil's > God d'hide > Black d'hide
  • Legs: Armadyl legs (if using ring of law) > Kharazi legs (range str) > Lava d'hide chaps (range accuracy) > Armadyl legs (w/o ring of law) > Karil's > God d'hide > Black d'hide

Additional Inventory items

I show my inventory in the video but if you don't want to watch it basically I use...

• 12 prayer pots
  • 2 anti-venoms 
    • Only 2 because Zulrah will drop an anti-venom with a drop rate of 1/3
  • Row (i) (or elixir of luck activated)
  • Twisted heart (or some ranging potions)
  • Luck tokens
  • Greater and lesser slayer emblem
    • if on a slayer task these boosts your drop rate by 15% 
  • Cash placeholder
  • Zulrah scales placeholder

I personally don't bring food because I've killed zulrah a lot and have got the hang of it (can bring curses so you can soulsplit between Zulrah's hits)

Other Information

On the video I use normal prayers because I've unlocked rigour, but if you don't have rigour, use curses

When you get into the Zulrah instance you wanna only stand in the boxes without x's in them. If you stand where the x's are and there are snakelings spawned behind the pillars you will be hit by all the stuck ones at a time for a potential one shot (its happened to me before... not fun). There is no need to be outside of these squares since you can attack Zulrah within this box and moving outside of it is only going to make the safespotted snakelings attack you.

ZBWLuAe.png

Zulrah phases advice

• Ranged (green)
    • Nothing too special with this phase. For the most part you just need to pray range but sometimes when Zulrah is on the east and west sides of the island, he will shoot out a mage attack. This only starts happening later into the fight so when you get decent gear and fast kills you shouldn't see him use this "Jad phase".
  • Mage (blue)
    • The special part of this phase is when Zulrah starts to spawn the little snakelings. In the example kill I show which snakeling to kill, the ones that are trapped behind pillars you do not need to kill. (note that killing snakelings with luck tokens in your inventory does not use the luck token)
  • Melee (red)
    • I suggest watching the video to see how I move when the red form faces me. When first learning Zulrah I suggest putting melee prayer on just in case you still get hit you wont take any damage but you will still get stunned. Minimum distance to move to dodge the melee attack is 4 squares away. However to make it easier you can just move from one side to the other side in the box I showed up above.

Example Zulrah Kill

Spoiler

That's about it! Thanks for checking out my guide and good luck killing Zulrah!

Edited by Ralph
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Cracking guide.

Good video too, nice to see you went the whole way. 

Most guides don't show people the real-time combat side of things but this will help people fully prepare. 

10/10