Raw

Farewell, Runex.

Truth is, i've met a lot of great people on this server but this server like others has many downsides. The one thing that is going to be the downfall of this game is the community.

There are a lot of negative people on this game that put others off of even playing it. That being said, all I did was pk people and occasionally troll. I can admit to my faults.

If Ryan wants this RsPs to become #1 the first thing he needs is a no tolerance policy towards players in general. Or an automute for certain words feature.

I'm not going to drag this thread out into a huge war on anyone however this community is toxic and most people just need to go. The other night there were 5 people calling others 'nig**r' and no staff were on to do anything about it. The staff team seems to be all in or around the same time zone so if something does go wrong, no one can fix it for a while. Don't get me wrong, I do want this game to succeed but even though you're getting 1k+ donators every other day means nothing when people can't stand playing the game long enough to donate more due to being constantly flamed, flamebaited, called names or even berated for liking something the other doesn't. This server is drama intensified and I think i'm the only one on here that'll say that without calling everyone out on their drama. 

I'm going to leave on a good note. I'm not going to air dirty laundry or flamebait others because that's not what I'm here to do. I'm here to give my criticism to a game that I actually enjoy logging into and playing. It's unfortunate that I'm not going to play anymore because this was the best RsPs i've ever played and I've been playing RsPs since Frugooscape back in the day.

If anyone wants, share your opinions of why you think the game is becoming a shitshow. It's your call.

• Like 3

I understand and fully agree. There's people constantly spamming racial profanities and trying to scam/lure in help cc and rarely does anything happen. 

I know I've been part of drama sometimes but after a few minutes I just leave the help cc because the flame and useless drama isn't resolved or even addressed by staff.

Peace homie.

edit: I know One (when he was more active) and Ally try to help keep down the flame, spam, and racist stuff in the help cc, but I've seen someone call another person "arab sand nigger" in the help cc, and a week later they are still talking and being toxic with no punishment. This needs to be dealt with.

Edited by Lava
  • Like 1

Sad to see you go Raw, even though I've probably called you an asshole or a fag more than once l0l

It's no secret that the community is extremely neglected by a lack of staff members in general; even worse in specific timezones where there is absolutely nothing standing in the way of causing chaos. Best of luck to you m8

• Like 1

Though we talked about this yesterday I was hoping you would change your mind and stay, if you are certainly leaving please just make it a break and return after a while because you will be missed

Hope to see you in game soon :( 

• Like 1

Sucks to see you go and I wish you the best.

The staff definitely need to buckle down, tighten their grip on the hammer of law, and do their job. I never see administrators on and I rarely ever see actual staff members on. I only ever see @Kliksa actively online. This might be the cause of differing time-zones but that should be a call for Ryan to promote staff in different TZs. I ran a staff team of 15 people, all in varying time-zones, all with different backgrounds/languages, and all with a certain skill-set; I never had any notable problems. which is not easily obtained, obviously.. but that's what RuneX needs to succeed efficiently with minimal errors. 

This should be a call to arms to @Ryan. You're losing valued players who've spent days on your server who're leaving due to a toxic community that your staff are failing to control and handle in such a way that's essential to the community. I'm not saying demote all your staff and start over, I am saying have a talk with each and every one of them so they understand that they need to get their shit locked tight. If need be, get staff in less coverage time zones so you avoid any issues when your staff are away.

Once again, good luck. I hope you return in the future.

• Like 2

I can honestly agree with you. When I first started, I'll be honest, what I seen in the help CC, which blew my mind for it having over 100+ players, almost made me log. If it wasn't for the achievement system and the content it attempted to immediately offer, I almost didn't give it a shot. But I also never been in a server where even staff are so open with free speech. It's sad to see you go, but I can accept and understand your reasoning. I wish you the best my dude, and much success.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Lonelywood said:

Sucks to see you go and I wish you the best.

The staff definitely need to buckle down, tighten their grip on the hammer of law, and do their job. I never see administrators on and I rarely ever see actual staff members on. I only ever see @Kliksa actively online. This might be the cause of differing time-zones but that should be a call for Ryan to promote staff in different TZs. I ran a staff team of 15 people, all in varying time-zones, all with different backgrounds/languages, and all with a certain skill-set; I never had any notable problems. which is not easily obtained, obviously.. but that's what RuneX needs to succeed efficiently with minimal errors. 

This should be a call to arms to @Ryan. You're losing valued players who've spent days on your server who're leaving due to a toxic community that your staff are failing to control and handle in such a way that's essential to the community. I'm not saying demote all your staff and start over, I am saying have a talk with each and every one of them so they understand that they need to get their shit locked tight. If need be, get staff in less coverage time zones so you avoid any issues when your staff are away.

Once again, good luck. I hope you return in the future.

I don't know that I could word it much better than this. 

• Like 1

It's terrible to see you go man, even though I had only met you properly recently. Best of luck in the real world.

In regards to the toxicity of the community, you hit the nail on the head. I used to be the big 'anti-staff' guy in regards to defending players who haven't broken any rules while arguing or flaming due to the various loop-holes, mistakes or generally crappy rules. I have stopped this habit in the most part because of how bad it is getting, not to mention I barely get involved in any debates anymore.

I'd rather see the rules heavily revised (Which I have suggested with my own version of some rules!) and a lot of newer players who think they can break them be banned than see one veteran player driven off the server due to toxicity. The rules need to be changed and we need some more active staff to enforce them.

Even I have started to feel the toll of the toxic community, it may not seem like a big deal, but the reason I put so much time into the hardest game modes rather than playing real OSRS is that here, I can be part of a smaller community, I can stand out. But i'm feeling that warm fuzzy feeling less and less every day, please fix this.

• Like 1

I agree with the negative people and just toxic flaming you see 90% of the time in the help FC. I don't really know you but its sad to see you go because of this man. Good luck in life man!

• Like 1

Someone close this.