Sign in to follow this  
Romp

New/updated Guides

Hai,

Since the Equipment Guide was so well received, @Traviscruz and I are going to continue to work on guides.

I'm making this post to collect some ideas of which guides we should update/work on in the future so we know what areas to focus on first.

Please post your guide suggestions below!

- Romp

A lot of people have been asking me and I'm sure others have gotten asked what gear they should go for next (ex: are nardah robes better than full ahrims with aotd?).

A minimal to mid to max tier gear progression guide would be nice for newer players. A max guide helps, yes but that doesn't really help those who are fresh to the server with the custom gear we have available to us. The informational item guides in-game aren't exactly the best thing to go off of when starting out as a new player because it's just maxed sets and they aren't even 100% accurate.

A minimal gear setup- inventory setup for firecape/inferno

I also get a lot of people asking me what a good boss to afk for boss points or runecoins. We all know this depends on the gear you have so maybe a guide to what people can afk in what kind of setups for these things.

A minimal gear and inventory setup for chambers of xeric and theatre of blood

Edited by Taizai
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Taizai said:

A lot of people have been asking me and I'm sure others have gotten asked what gear they should go for next (ex: are nardah robes better than full ahrims with aotd?).

A minimal to mid to max tier gear progression guide would be nice for newer players. A max guide helps, yes but that doesn't really help those who are fresh to the server with the custom gear we have available to us. The informational item guides in-game aren't exactly the best thing to go off of when starting out as a new player because it's just maxed sets and they aren't even 100% accurate.

A minimal gear setup- inventory setup for firecape/inferno

I also get a lot of people asking me what a good boss to afk for boss points or runecoins. We all know this depends on the gear you have so maybe a guide to what people can afk in what kind of setups for these things.

A minimal gear and inventory setup for chambers of xeric and theatre of blood

Love them! A full Guide for each raids is def on the list, with gear progressions as well.

Fire cape/Inferno too! @Romp Maybe once we get a big list we can make a poll to see the most highly sought after ones and go from there

Sooo, I got a few I can send your way that definitely need revision:

Doesn't have any of the new content that has been added

Could use an equipment update and the new minions that spawn here

The new potions made with fellstalks and half the images are broken

Vise's Slayer guide should be added to the Guide Index , and a map needs added for the Slayer Stronghold. 
We do need a guide that encompasses Brimstone & Wildy tasks

Ralph's 2 guides on raids are great but the videos on both seem to have been deleted from his YT channel. So updated videos would be neat

There's quite a few bosses that don't currently have guides, and are asked about quite frequently in game including:

• Skotizo
  • Abyssal Sire
  • Kree'ara (any GWD boss could use an updated guide, with the new changes)
  • Kalphite Queen & the Reanimated version
  • ALL of the superior bosses could use a guide (especially Corp the Real)
  • Wildy boss guides would be beneficial as Ally's guide has broken links now

Mage Arena could use a guide

A new beginners guide would be great, as the old one is from February 2018 (including best methods for all daily money making activies)

A runecoin guide (probably included in the beginners guide?)

Maybe something on how to unlock Metal Dragons and best methods to kill each variant?

Definitely need some form of guide for Boss Points and best methods of farming them

If I can think of anything else, I'll edit the post 😁

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RogueMX said:

Sooo, I got a few I can send your way that definitely need revision:

Doesn't have any of the new content that has been added

Could use an equipment update and the new minions that spawn here

The new potions made with fellstalks and half the images are broken

Vise's Slayer guide should be added to the Guide Index , and a map needs added for the Slayer Stronghold. 
We do need a guide that encompasses Brimstone & Wildy tasks

Ralph's 2 guides on raids are great but the videos on both seem to have been deleted from his YT channel. So updated videos would be neat

There's quite a few bosses that don't currently have guides, and are asked about quite frequently in game including:

• Skotizo
  • Abyssal Sire
  • Kree'ara (any GWD boss could use an updated guide, with the new changes)
  • Kalphite Queen & the Reanimated version
  • ALL of the superior bosses could use a guide (especially Corp the Real)
  • Wildy boss guides would be beneficial as Ally's guide has broken links now

Mage Arena could use a guide

A new beginners guide would be great, as the old one is from February 2018 (including best methods for all daily money making activies)

A runecoin guide (probably included in the beginners guide?)

Maybe something on how to unlock Metal Dragons and best methods to kill each variant?

Definitely need some form of guide for Boss Points and best methods of farming them

If I can think of anything else, I'll edit the post 😁

Awesome, thanks!! Reading through these is getting me hella hype to help work on!

• Thanks 1

When adding pics to guides, just please don't use tinypic. They always break after a little bit

• Like 2

Hey, I've been playing RuneX for about 3 weeks now and am absolutely loving how in depth some of the systems are. Only issue i'm having is most of the guides are OLD and not very helpful and sometimes its hard to get a reply in help or yell with a question i'll have.  Really glad to see this post, your gear guide has been my most frequently visited bookmark the last 3 weeks haha.

Here are some ideas for guides from a newer player that would help or have helped me progress my account.

- More info on unlimited prayer points such as amount of prayer bonus and prayer accessories required for unlimited SS, SS+Turmoil, etc

- Most efficient way to farm slayer points, what tasks to block/prioritize, first slayer point purchases etc. All the slayer guides i've seen are missing lots of details. I just discovered brimstone slayer and started doing barbarian slayer and i'm so mad at myself for doing hards before finding out that you get WAY more slayer points and tons of GP per task doing barbarian brimstones. Also been hearing good things about wildy slayer but haven't tried it yet. A

-What bis should I be saving for first? I'm currently dumping all my GP into my mage setup, currently got a 5b gp mage setup, 2b range 1.5b melee setups because i've been blood barraging most my tasks and figured mage would suit me best.

Major respect to anyone who takes the time out of their days to write guides to help others like myself. RuneX would benefit greatly from more guides

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Stay Prime said:

Hey, I've been playing RuneX for about 3 weeks now and am absolutely loving how in depth some of the systems are. Only issue i'm having is most of the guides are OLD and not very helpful and sometimes its hard to get a reply in help or yell with a question i'll have.  Really glad to see this post, your gear guide has been my most frequently visited bookmark the last 3 weeks haha.

Here are some ideas for guides from a newer player that would help or have helped me progress my account.

- More info on unlimited prayer points such as amount of prayer bonus and prayer accessories required for unlimited SS, SS+Turmoil, etc

- Most efficient way to farm slayer points, what tasks to block/prioritize, first slayer point purchases etc. All the slayer guides i've seen are missing lots of details. I just discovered brimstone slayer and started doing barbarian slayer and i'm so mad at myself for doing hards before finding out that you get WAY more slayer points and tons of GP per task doing barbarian brimstones. Also been hearing good things about wildy slayer but haven't tried it yet. A

-What bis should I be saving for first? I'm currently dumping all my GP into my mage setup, currently got a 5b gp mage setup, 2b range 1.5b melee setups because i've been blood barraging most my tasks and figured mage would suit me best.

Major respect to anyone who takes the time out of their days to write guides to help others like myself. RuneX would benefit greatly from more guides

We would love to have a full Library of guides A-Z ranging from content that brand new players could use all the way up to end game gear for end game guides! Love hearing input from newer players too. Both Romp and I have been playing for over two years, and so much has changed since we started, so it's nice to get a much different perspective

• Like 1

Hi Romp/Travis,

I would personally like to see TOB guide added. Ralph once had a guide but it is outdated and as there are many ironman on this server, a guide with not the best set up would be great!

Also, I have learned that certain bosses such as KQ and Hydra can be killed more efficiently if you know their mechanics but it can be tedious for new players to actually get to know them with low/mid tier gear so boss mechanics/their superior mechanics would be great.

Another one - runecoins for ironman - there are so many rc unlocks that are almost mandatory for an ironman, but getting RCs can be frustrating. Again, your and Travis vast knowledge in this might be very helpful.

Prioritising boss point tree perks

I think this is all for me but if anything else pops in my head ill edit or make a new comment :)

Thanks again,

Durrr

Edited by Durrr
  • Like 1

A beginners guide that explains best way to get started and best things to spend runex points and achievement points so they dont get overwhelmed, explain dailies and vote tokens etc..

Agear  guide would be good, not just bis gear but a staggered guide from maybe gwd and above 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi,

another one I just remembered..

Items for ironman that should be saved - for example in early game ironman might get x item from a donator box or whatever and decide to runecoin it for 50 rc but it was a MOW item or for an elite clue for example.

• Like 1