RogueMX

Quick Client Fixes

Quick client fixes

Noticed quite a few people having similar issues with their client, so I wanted to compile a guide of quick fixes for the most common of client issues.

This is a quick run through of common solutions we can send people that are having issues before we assist them further

Black Screen:

Spoiler

So the first thing you're going to want to do is locate your C Drive
kHG3uOB.png

From there, open up your Users folder
6o9soe7.png

Then open your specific user folder, mine being Michael
6aH94Ly.png

Finally, locate and delete your .runex and .runex-data folders
2hrcqqN.png

Re-install the RuneX client and you should be back up and running

Client updating, then closes:

Spoiler

The usual cause of this is multiple versions of Java installed or the incorrect version of Java installed.

First lets make sure you are only running 1 version of Java.

Head over to your start menu and type Remove and click on  Add or Remove programs
kmQ30em.png

From there you are going to want to type Java in the search bar and make sure only have one of each of these programs
p7u8GHQ.png

If you have more than one of each, uninstall the extras and only keep one that is under Java 8 update 251 or below.

If you have a Java 8 update over 251 here is a Java link to download the CORRECT VERSION

You're going to want to scroll down until you find the Windows Offline 64-bit version
qbZinrc.png

I use the 64-bit version as it allows Java allocate more RAM, meaning less lag/stutters

Having downloaded and installed that, restart your PC and check if you can boot up RuneX

If the issue persists run JarFix 

Client Tiny:

Spoiler

So first thing go ahead and open up the RuneX Client and hit CTRL SHIFT ESC to bring up the Task Manager

From there, find Java(TM) Platform
3hv4O4q.png

Right click it and select Properties. After that head over to the Compatibility tab
DyHjMpj.png

At the bottom of the Compatibility tab click on Change high DPI settings

ngiOeie.png

The highlighted area is the final step. Just make sure the checkbox is ticked and the drop-down is on System. Hit okay and then Apply on the next window.

Restart your RuneX client and it should be fixed. (Note the starting screen may still be small, logging in to game should fix the issue afterwards)

Client Opens as a .Rar:

Spoiler

You've downloaded the RuneX client and when you try and open it you get this:

mYUThT3.jpg

The fix is super easy, just run JarFix. After that's done you should be able to load the client properly.

How to Allocate more RAM to Java:

Spoiler

So, to start off I personally run THIS VERSION OF JAVA. Not sure if it matters, but I have had zero issues with this offline 64bit version (thanks @RawrUwU)

Alright lets get started.

First lets figure out how much RAM you are working with. Go to your start menu and type DXDIAG and hit enter

hhjnFo0.jpg

It'll pull up your Diagnostic windows and show your Memory. As you can see I have 16,384MB of RAM. Take that number and divide it by 1024 and that's how many GBs you have. So I have 16GB of RAM (we will need this information in a bit)

9vgTw38.jpg

Let's head over to  the start menu and type Java. You're gonna want to select Configure Java

XrjlE7z.jpg

It will pull up your Java Control Panel. Head to the Java tab and click view.

2fmdiv9.jpg

This pulls up your JRE Settings. Now double left click the Runtime Parameters section. This will allow you to type there.
eVH0KH3.jpg

Now you'll need to type -Xmx****m . (The **** being the amount of ram you would like to allocate) So for me it looks like this:

YOwgNXA.jpg

The 8192 part tells Java to use up to 8GB of RAM (8gb x 1024 =8192) instead of the default, which is much lower. To allocate more or less, just change the number.

It is NOT recommended to go for any more than 60% of your total RAM.

After that's all done just hit OK, and then APPLY. You're all set

For mac users :

Use this link if your client won't start with the launcher

https://www.runex.io/assets/client.jar

*I will be adding more as time goes on. These are just the two most common of issues I've seen so far in the RuneX discord

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

An update (basically completely different answer) for the Debian based question, that has popped up in a few help requests i've seen on the fourms.
If you are getting the problem with

Loader initialized!
Checking for updates..
Client up to date!
Launching at -Xmx2048m
Detected non-windows operating system

You're more than likely running the wrong version of java, as Runex 'requires' java 8 to run, and most fresh installs will give you java 11.

Firstly,
Ensure you have java8 installed; using

sudo apt install openjdk-8-jre-headless

Once you have that installed, you need to use the update-alternatives to configure which JDK is used when using the java commands;

sudo update-alternatives --config java

This will give you a menu, with multiple choices, you'll see the astrics next to the currently selected option, you also have a prompt to enter your selection, select the number corresponding to the java-8-openjdk Path.

There are 2 choices for the alternative java (providing /usr/bin/java).

Selection    Path                                            Priority   Status
------------------------------------------------------------
* 0            /usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk-amd64/bin/java      1111      auto mode
  1            /usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk-amd64/bin/java      1111      manual mode
  2            /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/jre/bin/java   1081      manual mode

Press <enter> to keep the current choice[*], or type selection number: 2

Once you've selected the java-8-openjdk path, you can then

java -jar Runex.jar

To run the client.

• Thanks 2

Thank you, I was having a lot of trouble with my client updating and crashing. Your solution worked perfectly.