Romp

Equipment guide

Welcome to my Combat Guide, here I have tried to create the best guide possible for all combat styles.

F2p6blj.png?3

Helm: Frost Slay > Frost Chompy > Infernal halo > Any other fused Slay helm 

Amulet: Arcane stream neck > Sang pend > Cursed neck > occult 

Cape: Enchanted god cape > 3rd age cloak > Completionist cape > God max cape > God cape(i) 

Arrow/blessing: Chaos blessing > Efficency blessing > Infinity blessing 

Mainhand: Cursed kodai > 3rd age wand > Kodai > Zuriels staff > Staff of light > Nardah wand 

Offhand: Intrinsic arcane shield > Book of verzik > Frozen Wyvern shield > Book of infinity  > Book of chaos 

Chest: Ancestral > Nardah > Cursed > Ahrim 

Legs: Ancestral > Nardah > Cursed > Ahrim 

Gloves: Tormented brace (or) > Corrupted brace (i) > Tormented brace 

Boots: Molten > Brimstone > Grand > Arcan > Devout  

Ring:  Crystal ring (i) > Thermonuclear ring (i) > Ring of darkness > Thermonuclear ring > Lava ring  

Useful Pets: Shadow/Blood/Hydro Phoenix, Wolperbeast, Gravitonic bork, Cursed wraith 

RTRv03X.png?2

First setup: Special equipment: Oceanic, boosts damage for Tridents by: 5 for the top, 4 for legs and 3 for the hat (hat not shown in this setup).
 Current BIS setup if you like using tridents(Single target only). Using a Wolperbeast or cursed wraith is highly recommendet in this setup.

Second setup: Special equipment: Blood shaman (currently discontinued), boosts blood spell dmg by 10% per piece. Current BIS setup for blood barraging. Using a Blood phoenix will give you an extra 10% dmg and 15% accuracy boost. 

Third setup: Special equipment: Tome of shadows, boosts your shadow spell dmg by 33%, making it the hardest hitting mage spell on RuneX. Using a Shadow phoenix will give you an extra 10% damage and 15% accuracy boost. 

Other Gear Tipps:

- Using full Ahrims with an Amulet of the damned will boost your damage by 33% 

- Tome of fire can be enchanted and will increase fire spell dmg by 75% 

- Tome of shadows increases shadow spell dmg by 33% 

- Ancient Staff enchantment will make your ancient staff untradeable, add 15% mage damage and gives +10% bloodspell heal 

- Completing the ‘Ace of the arena’ achievement will unlock the god capes (i) and will give you enough tokens to buy a master wand+book of infinity 

- Buying a Catalytic pouch from the runecoin shop will give you a infinite source of catalytic runes 

- Using a staff of light + arcane stream necklace will give you a 25% accuracy boost. Usefull for bosses with high defence 

- Brimstone staff is BIS on a single target slayer monster 

pkVN31Y.png?1

Helm: Lava Slay > Crestbearer Helm > Any other fused Slay helm > Infernal halo

Amulet: Amulet of zealots > Sanguinesti pendant > Amulet of the damned (t) > Amulet of torture   

Cape: Comp cape > Grand max > Meteorite cape > Cape of myth (i) > Infernal cape > TokHaar-Kal 

Arrow/blessing: Efficency blessing > War blessing > Cursed blessing > Chaos blessing 

Mainhand: Scythe of vitur > Cerberite halberd > Dark sunspear > Dragon hunter lance > Elder Zamorak spear > Sunspear > Elder saradomin sword > Kharazi spear (e) 

Offhand: Avernic defender > Dragon defender (t) > Cursed defender > Dragon defender  

Chest: Crestbearer > Draconic > Elder bandos > Fighter torso (e ) > Justiciar > Shayzien > Cursed > 

Legs: Crestbearer > Draconic > Elder bandos > Justiciar > Shayzien > Cursed 

Gloves: Ferocious > Grand > Warria > Justiciar armguard >  Karamja > Molten 

Boots: Grand > Warria > Primordial > Brimstone > Molten > Devout 

Ring: Grand ring (i) > Ring of war > Brimstone ring (i) > Grand ring > Lava ring  

Useful Pets: Gravitonic bork, Cursed wraith, Gladiator/Berserker titan 

Useful spec weapons: Brackish blade > Statius warhammer > Dragon warhammer > Dark Sunspear > Bandos godsword 

DybxsQ6.png?1

First setup: Bis setup for monsters with a 2x2 or larger hitbox. Scythe also does 1 hit splat of area damage per monster in a 1x3 are in front of you. Scythe will only deal 80% of it’s normal damage unless charged with vials of blood. 

Second setup: Bis setup for monsters with a 1x1 hitbox or special cases (vasa crystals, corp etc) 

Third setup: Shayzien, Bis setup against dragons and demons (lava slay helm if youre on slay task) 

Other Gear Tipps:

- Using Ring of war with bandos chest, tassys and a war blessing will give you a 6.75% damage and accuracy boost. Making it 4th BIS gear 

- Using Holy ring with Justiciar plate, legs and devotion boots will give you a 6.75% damage and accuracy boost, making it 3rd BIS gear 

- Karamja gloves 3 can be bought for 2.5k trading sticks and will increase the damage you deal with spears and hastas by 15% 

- TokHaar-Kal cape can be bought for 200k tokkul or is free after completing the ‘Fight Caves 2’ achievement 

- Buying Fighter torso (i) with runex pts is a good starter meele body 

- Completing the ‘Jungle Rumble 2’ achievement will give you a free Kharazi spear (p++) (can be upgraded to (e ) with the enchantment scroll from the runecoin shop) 

- Completing the ‘Money Monsoon 2’ and ‘Task master 3’  achievement will give you a free chaotic mystery box 

- Brimstone hammer gets a 33% damage boost if youre on slay task, making it the go to weapon for cerberus since you can wear a spectral spirit shield with it  

- Dragon hunter lance gets a 25% accuracy and damage increase when fighting dragons, using the bis Shayzien setup with dhl at olm will almost be as strong as using a tbow in a morrigans setup 

F6InpEa.png?1

Helm: Crestroot > Earth slay > Lava Chompy hat > Any other fused Slay helm > Molten Chompy  

Amulet: Amulet of ranging (t) > Amulet of Zealots > Sanguinesti Pendant > Amulet of Nardah 

Cape: Completionist > Vorkath max > Grand max > Ava’s (t) > Cape of myth (i)

Arrow/blessing: Blunt arrow > Dragon arrow > Amethyst arrow > Efficency blessing  

Mainhand: Cursed twisted bow > Twisted bow > Zaryte > Blowpipe > Zamorak  bow > Abyssal cbow 

Offhand: Dragonfire ward > Twisted buckler > Book of verzik > Book of chaos 

Chest: Crestroot > Hydra > Darkroot > Morrigan’s > Elder Armadyl > Lava > Kharazi > Armadyl 

Legs: Crestroot > Hydra > Darkroot > Morrigan’s > Elder Armadyl > Lava > Kharazi > Armadyl 

Gloves: Hydra > Archon > Grand > Molten > Corrupted brace (i) > Karamja  

Boots: Hydra > Grand > Molten > Archon > Brimstone > Devout 

Ring: Grand ring (i) > Kharazi ring (i) > Ring of law > shaman ring (i) > Crystal ring (i) 

Useful Pets: Gravitonic bork, Cursed wraith, Angelic swift-eagle 

eVIinas.png?1

First setup: Zaryte bow will be your best dps for monsters that have high defence or places where quicker attackk speed would benefit. 

Second setup: Hardest hitting range setup in RuneX. Only viable for bosses with high HP and mage attack bonuses. 

Other Gear Tipps:

- Using Ring of law with Armadyl chest, skirt and armadyl boots will give you a 6.75% damage and accuracy boost 

- Using Unholy ring with zamorak bow, zamorak chaps and d’hide body will give you a total damage and accuracy increase of 11.75% making it a very good dps setup 

- Kharazi blessing will increase your damage and accuracy by 1% for each Kharazi item equipped 

- Enchanting a Magic shortbow at the imbue wizard will get you a good starter range weapon 

- Brimstone bow is better than blowpipe (only if youre on slay task)

a8lQ0qN.png?1

- Using twisted (range) Imbued (mage) Infernal (meele) or Enchanted (all in one) hearts will boost your stats more than potions and can be reactivated every 5min 

- Using the perk boost on your maxcape will boost your stats every 5min 

- Using 3-4 (depends on prayer bonus) prayer accessories on your pet will give you unlimited prayer points 

- Lava pendant is a good tribrid ammy and will 100% protect you against dragonfire 

- Infernal elixirs increase your PVM damage by 25% for 1 hour 

- Slayer gloves and Insulated boots can be bought from the slayer master and will increase you damage by 5% on slay task (only recommendet if you alrdy bough a fused slayerhelm) 

- Buying both slayer emblems from the slayer master will boost your droprate by 15% if youre on slay task 

- Using Herbicide and bonecrusher while pvming will give you aton of free pray+herb xp  

- Devotion boots give you alot of prayer bonus and increase your soulsplit heal cap by 3 making them very usefull for raids and cerberus 

- Corrupted brace or amulet will prevent all your Pvp gear (Statius, Zuriels, Vestas and Morrigans) from degrading 

- Full shayzien prevents you from taking dragonfire damage and youre immune to venom, bis meele gear for olm in Chambers of xerics  

- Use a gilded cannon where ever you can, it will boost your dps by alot 

Hope you all found this guide helpfull and if you have any suggestions or if i missed something please pm me ingame! 😆

Special Thanks to: @Traviscruz @Mictain and @Basil for helping me with this guide!

-Romp

Edit 2/2/20: Added New items from the update of 2/2/20 

Edit 18/4/20: Added New items from the update of 18/4/20

Edited by Romp
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 10
  • Haha 1

Outdated guide when slayer helm colors change on update.

@Rompfor the mage boots guide shouldn't brimstones be included? they're on par with Arcan in terms of accuracy, and have higher defences except in the magic defense stat.

Edit: also, i think frozen wyvern ought to be higher on the list, but i can see your reasoning. Compared to book of verzik, its has the same exact offensive stats, but verzik has a +5 prayer bonus, whereas frozen wyvern shield has +80 defense in all melee defense stats. 

Edited by sarcothis

@Rompjust thought to check, and if you're keeping up with this guide probably should move DHL down after its nerf. IDK how it compares to elder sara sword, but I'm pretty sure its worse than sunspear at least. can't confirm since i don't own one.

but considering in my gear DHL is a 5-tick max hit 58 (with drag defender t) and kspear (e) is a max hit 51, and its only 4 tick, kspear (e) is better for dps, so i'd say its bottom of the list. or just removed since at its price/availability there's really no reason to mention it currently, aside from being a 1-hander and thus good for things like cerb where certain shields are necessary.

Might be worth moving it to the "other gear tips" section as an honourable mention for 1 hander/dragon weapon.

edit: oh, and since it was in the same update idk if the nerf to thermo (i) had any affect on its positioning, but i'd say its something worth looking at.
double edit: and the crestbearer helm might be 1st bis now!

Edited by sarcothis
additional information