Ryan

[December 19th, 2019] Winter Event 2019

aN3ldA0.png

Content updates:

• Winter Event 2019
    • Happy holidays, everyone! We're proud to finally launch this year's Winter world event!
    • You can earn Winter shards this year from a WIDE VARIETY of activities!
    • This limited time event will be active until: February 1st, 2019 so don't miss out!

• Snow graahk hunting
      • Snow graahks are roaming all over the F2P world!
      • Use snowballs to take them down and loot them for shards and other rewards
      • Snowballs can be collected from snow piles at home

WvagPLl.png

• Cycled activities
      • Every 1-2 hours a new "activity" will be announced which you can participate in to earn winter shards
      • These activities are the same to the recent h'ween event, but we have buffed the reward amount from the "Magic trees" activity

• Winter comet
      • Every hour the "Winter comet" will land, which can be syphoned by players for runecrafting experience and winter shards
      • You can teleport to the landing zone by interacting with the "Giant snowglobe" at home next to Santa

VMjR6Hw.png
    • Frosty wyvern cave
      • Frosty wyverns can be slain with your own gear/equipment for shards and other rewards
      • Make sure you bring wyvern fire protection!
      • They also count toward skeletal wyvern slayer tasks
      • You can teleport to the frosty wyvern cave by interacting with the snow globe at home

• Winter loot chests
      • Every 2 hours, a winter loot chest will appear in a random spot of the wilderness
      • The first 3 players to open the chest will earn great festive loot
      • There is a rare chance for very valuable items like $5.00 bonds and grand crests!

Uu5hiZk.png

• World boss
      • Kill the Winter demon event boss which rises from his lair every 4 hours
      • The winter demon can only be damaged from icicle knives and icicle darts
        • These weapons are crafted by interacting with the icicle rocks located in the lair
        • Depending on the winter demon's phase, you must switch between one of the two items
        • Icicle weapons in your inventory, etc. will melt every time you enter the lair, requiring you to craft weapons for each fight

CshiLTg.png

• Even in single-zone combat, multiple players can attack it
      • Every player who deals damage to it will receive drops!

• Exclusive rewards
      • This event brings in new and exclusive items, including but definitely not limited to..

• Frosty branch
        • This branch can be used on twisted bows and zaryte bows to give them a fresh new cosmetic variant!
          0vvcmS5.png
      • Winter dyes
        • These dyes can be used on cursed gear (melee armor and mage robes) to give them a winter cosmetic variant!
          iTz1ehg.png
      • Winter demon pet
        • This new epic pet is only available from the 2019 winter casket, or from the winter demon boss drop table
          6QtCZEA.png
  • Raids features
    • Clickbox overlays
      • You now have the option to have a visible display of clickboxes of raid monsters and bosses!
      • This system not only expands the clickbox for easier clicking, but provides a clear guide for mouse positioning
      • You can now toggle off "Raid clickbox overlays" in your settings tab if you prefer to play without it

mh1CL84.gif

• Re-invite button
      • You can now click "Re-invite" in your raid party interface to load up the previous raid type and difficulty, and auto-invite the previous party members in your last raid party

ZfQ4UKa.gif

Gameplay improvements and fixes:

• Engine improvements
    • We have implemented a large set of improvements to the way the server engine processes "ticks"
    • This should fix a variety of issues such as random speed ups, etc.
    • In addition, you should also notice improvements with the way actions are queued, especially with item switching

• Clickbox fixes
    • Fixed issues with excessively large clickboxes for most monsters/bosses such as rune dragons, Vorkath, etc.

oVW7LIT.gif

• God bow improvements
    • Guthix bow special atack will now also drain target prayer, rather than just defence
    • Saradomin bow special attack will now also heal the attacker, similar to saradomin godsword

• Miscellaneous
    • Superior hydra leather drop chance has doubled
    • Oceanic scales drop chance has doubled
    • Blocking slayer tasks will now end your slayer task streak
    • KBD now drops noted dragon med helmets
    • Fixed issues with vorkath melee pathfinding
    • Fixed mage bank lever still working while teleblocked
    • Fixed various important slayer messages not showing up on filtered game chat
    • Fixed infernal axe functionality vs. wilderness ents
    • Added attack level requirement to Korasi's sword
    • Fixed bugs that allowed you to smuggle dawnbringer in a ToB instance
    • There is now an announcement for the player who killed giant mole for an enormous mole awakening

• PoH storage items
    • The following items are now able to be stored in the costume room:
      • Third-age druidic equipment
      • Tormented bracelet (or)
      • Crestbearer equipment
      • Imbuing stone rings
      • Earth slayer helmet
      • Enchanted heart
      • Catalytic rune pouch
      • Elemental rune pouch
      • Zaryte bow
      • Ancient staff (e)
      • New winter items

• Noteable items
    • The following items are now noteable:
      • Grandmaster task bottles
      • Prize keys
      • Mystery chests
      • Ring of the gods
      • Dragon crossbows
      • Lava rings
      • Crystal rings
      • Nearly all imbued rings
      • Armadyl crossbow
      • AoTD and AoTD (t)
      • Smoke battlestaff
      • Tome of fire (i)
      • Amulet of ranging
      • Book of infinity
      • Amulet of nardah
      • Holy sandals
      • Kharazi spear (e)
      • Ecumenical keys
      • Leprechaun hats
      • Dragon gauntlets
      • Dragon kiteshield
      • Bracelet of slaughter
      • Expeditious bracelet
      • Briefcase
      • Large spade
      • Lava d'hide equipment
      • Dragon hastas
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wonderful updates + event!

I really appreciate this completely voluntary thing to do for this community. Some of us don't get gifts, enjoyment, etc. from Christmas.. so it's always really nice to see these events.

3 minutes ago, Vito said:

Wonderful updates + event!

I really appreciate this completely voluntary thing to do for this community. Some of us don't get gifts, enjoyment, etc. from Christmas.. so it's always really nice to see these events.

The feels

16 hours ago, Ryan said:

• Miscellaneous
    • Blocking slayer tasks will now end your slayer task streak

I completely oversighted this small mention, this is a major flaw in the Slayer System. You have basically forced us to complete tasks that we want to permanently block.

How is this even fair? Let's say I am given a Callisto Boss task as a HCIM.. I am forced to either risk my status or lose my 100 streak?? I'm VERY disappointed in this. 

OSRS doesn't even make you lose streak if you were to skip the task. 

2 hours ago, Vito said:

I completely oversighted this small mention, this is a major flaw in the Slayer System. You have basically forced us to complete tasks that we want to permanently block.

How is this even fair? Let's say I am given a Callisto Boss task as a HCIM.. I am forced to either risk my status or lose my 100 streak?? I'm VERY disappointed in this. 

OSRS doesn't even make you lose streak if you were to skip the task. 

Correct me if i'm wrong but I believe you're still able to skip your slayer task with points and it not end your streak.
The thing that was updated was specifically blocking your task not ending your streak.

13 minutes ago, Raw said:

Correct me if i'm wrong but I believe you're still able to skip your slayer task with points and it not end your streak.
The thing that was updated was specifically blocking your task not ending your streak.

😪

Perm Cancel..

q8zBaU0.gif

Cancel..

QEuW4b6.gif

Edited by Vito

I might be wrong, as I don't do too many boss tasks. 

But I believe the only wilderness boss task in regular boss tasks is chaos elemental. 

But that being said, the whole point of slayer streaks is doing tasks you might not always do, being rewarded for not just farming a single task etc.

So any type of skipping or blocking should cancel your streak. Players were previously able to abuse the block mechanic to avoid losing their streak with little cost.

21 minutes ago, Iron Logic said:

So any type of skipping or blocking should cancel your streak. Players were previously able to abuse the block mechanic to avoid losing their streak with little cost.

I find it comical that you don't support a known mechanic that has been in-game for quite some time, common knowledge. This "abuse" you are claiming, really?

If you wanted to avoid a streak loss you pay the 1k runex, simple as that. Again, OSRS doesn't make you lose a streak while skipping. So this whole philosophy of skipping or blocking should cancel your streak doesn't make sense.

The only justification to this would be Barbarian Slayer being fixed, which it's still not.

Edited by Vito

13 minutes ago, Vito said:

😪

q8zBaU0.gif

I meant the cancel task one, not perm cancel. However upon logging in I tested the regular cancel. I don't think it should end your task streak considering you have to pay slayer points or rx points. That's weird to me that he's done that.

26 minutes ago, Vito said:

I find it comical that you don't support a known mechanic that has been in-game for quite some time, common knowledge. This "abuse" you are claiming, really?

If you wanted to avoid a streak loss you pay the 1k runex, simple as that. Again, OSRS doesn't make you lose a streak while skipping. So this whole philosophy of skipping or blocking should cancel your streak doesn't make sense.

The only justification to this would be Barbarian Slayer being fixed, which it's still not.

I'm the reason the price to skip and block was increased in the first place.

Slayer points on OSRS are also much more important than on Runex and take more time to obtain, especially compared to Runex points. 

If the cost to skip a task on Runex was increased to match the weight of an OSRS skip, I would support it not ending your streak. 

1 minute ago, Iron Logic said:

I'm the reason the price to skip and block was increased in the first place.

Slayer points on OSRS are also much more important than on Runex and take more time to obtain, especially compared to Runex points. 

If the cost to skip a task on Runex was increased to match the weight of an OSRS skip, I would support it not ending your streak. 

'the weight of an OSRS skip' (100 SP for a blocked task, 30 SP for a skip). I Agree. We need to remove the payment of Runex points to skip and stick strictly to SP.

Runex should have the same amount of points needed to perm. block a task that OSRS has - 100 SP.

If you are asking for an equal comparison to OSRS skips than you really shouldn't be playing Runex, everything is easier for a reason. Making things more challenging like what just happened in this last update is brutal to our gameplay. We do not have streaks of 50th, 100th, 250th, etc. to cover bonus SP.. we rely on the 100 streak cap. Blocking/Skipping tasks without losing a streak is vital. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Vito said:

I Agree. We need to remove the payment of Runex points to skip and stick strictly to SP.

I 100% agree, this has always been my view on it, however, no-one supported it. 

• Thanks 1