its not ok

Dragon Darts need changed!!!!

Idk if it's just me but it seems D Darts are very time consuming to get. and considering the drop table for d darts is a complete lie, id suggest actually upping the d dart drop rate and adding more drops into game. I would really like to see an actual 1-4 drop rate for d darts ill kill 200 kbd's and only come out with a couple hundred darts.... kinda ridiculous.

I would highly agree with this. I think a nice remedy would be adding ddarts, either just tips or full darts, to all tables that also have dragon arrows and at the same rate. So some mobs like brutal black dragons, black dragons, and dark beasts could also be a way to obtain dart tips.

I don't really see the gathering of dragon darts as a huge issue.

They could be added to a few more drop tables, but if we made them as common as dragon arrows, it just takes away any form of grind.

KBD is really easy to AFK and the drop table isn't a lie. He just has a lot of 'common' drops, and you only get 1 1in4 drop at a time.

Dragon Darts for the blowpipe are the vials of blood for the scythe. If you don't want to grind a little, just use rune darts for a small DPS decrease. 

he may have a lot of 1-4 drops but there is absolutely no way that the drop rate is accurate. i understand the grind but are you really comparing something only like 5 irons have versus something that is widely gotten? i went through a complete hour yesterday during drag event and only came out with 128 d darts... you cant even do a raid daily with 128 darts. Yes there needs to be a grind but not for something so simple as d darts...so many things for irons are grindable i understand that. However ammo for something you had to grind for in the first place is a little steep. aside from that im not asking to be as common as rune darts by no means. but i am asking for a slight increase in drop chance and amount of npc's that drop them

@Iron Logic You can farm about 5-7k charges an hour in raids for scythe, darts can be as low as 200 an hour at kbd. As someone with both I wish darts were as easy as scythe charges to obtain.

I agreed that they should be added to more drop tables,

But definitely not at the same rate of dragon arrows as they are ridiculously easy to obtain.

And the drop table is correct, the data used to fill the drop table UI is the same that the server uses to calculate drops. It just seems wrong because there's like 8 common drops. 

• Like 1

with a luck pet and sponsor cape with luck tokens i still couldnt ever get over 500 an hour. i understand once again what it states. and im saying i have 40k dragon arrows in my bank compared to how many d darts ive "gotten".  Same Drop Rate and the d arrows have a less dropped amount than d darts.

yknow i know im a guy who likes to complain about certain drop tables and their rates being incorrect alot, but I kill slightly under 100 kbd's an hour when working at high efficiency, and easily clear 400-600 darts an hour. is that a really good rate? meh. but is it abysmal? no. I don't know what you're talkin with sponsor cape and luck pet, I only have one luck acc and still get those numbers (with swift spawner, super combat+turmoil) and that doesn't seem all that bad to me. Not to mention - you dont need to use dragon darts for everything. rune darts are more than good enough. It's sometimes a good thing for things to be a bit more difficult to get, even if it makes life for you in particular worse.

edit: did a very quick number crunch (like literally two multiples) and the average rate is slightly over 3 darts per kill, or around 300 an hour for me (not accounting for mode/acc boost) and yea, that still seems fine to me.

Edited by sarcothis
  • Thanks 1

Appreciate the work @sarcothis.

Drop rate boosting items don't effect anything with a high drop rate, I.E 1 in 4, and I believe it doesn't even effect things as high as 1 in 64, such as dagganoth rings. 

I agree that getting DDarts is a grind, but prior to KBD rework, they were unobtainable. I hounded Ryan for weeks to get him to add DDarts to a drop table. I even complained about the rate you get them being too low at one point, and I was told similar things to what is being said now.

Just use rune darts, it's a 1-2 max hit difference, and then save your dragon darts for more time oriented things.

3 minutes ago, Iron Logic said:

Drop rate boosting items don't effect anything with a high drop rate, I.E 1 in 4, and I believe it doesn't even effect things as high as 1 in 64, such as dagganoth rings. 

cool fact. i always kinda wondered about this since some things (atleast used to) say "boosts rare droprate" and I wasn't sure to what extent that might apply.
but yea, totally agree with ddarts just being something you use when you can. No one, to my knowledge atleast, has ever complained that we need a shit ton more wrath runes in the game, and they're the same concept. a couple max hits for surge over previous tier spells, with an increase in grind to get. They're a luxury.

wrather runes are craftable in wildy yes? wayyy easier to get than doing countless hours at kbd just to feed your bp. which d darts dramatically lower the time per raid.

side note did kbd for 130 kills plus using lucks for every kill on slayer task and still had less than 500 dart tips....

Edited by its not ok

How dramatic is the raid times comparing DDarts and Rune Darts? Because the max hit change is 1-2. 

Wrath runes are also 100% consumed per spell, where to my knowledge, Blowpipe darts are still effected by an avas device. 

No drop rate boosts will effect something as low as a 1 in 4. 

I went through the same grind you did, I now have almost 50k dragon darts and a zaryte bow. 

Maybe we can add dragon dart tips to a few more drop tables, but nothing too easy or in large amounts. 

• Like 1