Ryan

[October 4th, 2019] New boss point perks, Tons of QoLs, Bug fixes, and MORE!

👻 Sp00ky Halloween event COMING SOON! 🎃

While working hard to make 2019's Halloween event a memorable one, we've decided to drop another
nifty QoL/Fix update in the meantime! Further polishing Runex, in preparation for the bright future ahead of us.

Content updates:

• New boss point perks
    • Swift spawner (3,500 points)
      • Requires "Gold rush III" to be unlocked
      • Reduces PoH boss portal instance respawn times from 30 seconds to 10 seconds
    • Instanced slayer (10,000 points)
      • Requires "Superior slayer bosses II" to be unlocked
      • Unlocks the ability to use the new Catacombs of Kourend instance portals in your PoH portal room
      • To keep things light, you'll notice slightly less monster spawns than the actual dungeon. Nonetheless, catacomb instance monsters have very fast and nearly instant respawn times!
      • Dwarf multi-cannons no longer work in the normal catacombs, but you can use them in these instances!
      • NOTE (Post-update): Check out the latest submission in the #polls channel of our official discord to weigh in on incorporating slayer points as an alternate method to unlock this instance feature!

• Earth slayer helmet
    • The long-awaited melee slayer helmet upgrade variant for the rune coin shop has been implemented
    • Purchase this slayer helmet in exchange for 20,000 rune coins and a Fused slayer helmet

Gameplay improvements & QoLs:

• Raids improvements
    • Improved the benefits of receiving points in raids
      • If your party receives 35,000+ points in total, everyone in the party will receive a +5% reward chance
        • When receiving this bonus, the party's MVP (player with the most points) receives an additional +5% (10% total)
      • In Theatre of blood, your points will now contribute even more to your rare rates than before!
    • Improved the rare & very rare rate boosts for higher difficulties to:
      • Adept difficulty provides +5% reward chance (no change)
      • Expert difficulty provides +25% reward chance
      • Master difficulty provides +50% reward chance
      • Grandmaster difficulty provides +75% reward chance
    • You can now receive guaranteed cash rewards (on top of your typical reward set) if you earn at least 2,000+ points
      • Chambers of Xeric
        • Normal and Adept: 1M-7.5M gp
        • Expert: 1M-10M gp
        • Master: 5M-25M gp
        • Grandmaster 10M-50M gp
      • Theatre of blood
        • Normal and Adept: 1M-15M gp
        • Expert: 1M-25M gp
        • Master: 5M-35M gp
        • Grandmaster: 7.5M-75M gp
    • You can now receive Xeric or ToB mystery box from the standard rare table (this has been also added to the raid collection logs)
    • You can now view your party member's points by interacting with the "strategy table" in ToB, or the "information booth" in CoX at the end of the raid (next to the reward chest)

• Slayer QoLs
    • Brimstone tasks have been added to the standard slayer task selection interface, making it also work for the "Quick-task" option
    • Slayer gems will now prompt the proper slayer task selection interface when choosing to start a new task
    • Added the "quick-task" and "quick-cancel" option to the wilderness slayer monster
    • Changed the wildy slayer master's dialogue from "receive bonus rewards for completing in time" to "complete this task in time" to resolve misconceptions about the mandatory time requirement
    • Larran's and brimstone keys can now be auto-collected by your golden and grand looting bags

• Banking
    • Pets can now be added to and withdrawn from bank loadouts!
    • Bank capacity and size
      • Increased the maximum bank boosts per account from 10 to 20
      • Added the following (new) donator rank benefits:
        • VIP: +100 bank slots
        • Legendary: +150 bank slots (250 total boost)
        • Sponsor: +250 bank slots (500 total boost)
      • With the new boost cap and sponsor rank benefit, the max potential bank capacity has doubled from 1,000 to 2,000

• Rune coin exchange
    • The following items can be exchanged in the rune coin machine:
      • Draconic helmet: 1,000 rune coins
      • Draconic platebody: 3,500 rune coins
      • Draconic legs: 3,000 rune coins
      • Dragon sq. shield: 10 rune coins
      • Devout boots: 1,500 rune coins
      • Craw's bow: 250 rune coins
      • Thammaron's sceptre: 250 rune coins
      • Viggora's chainmace: 250 rune coins
      • Iban's staff: 5 rune coins
      • Lava ring: 75 rune coins
      • Thermonculear smoke devil: 250 rune coins
      • Ferocious gloves: 1,500 rune coins
      • Dragon gauntlets: 5 rune coins
      • Thermonuclear ring (i): 2,500 rune coins
      • Magma helmet: 1,750 rune coins
      • Tanzanite helmet: 1,750 rune coins
      • Viper helemt: 3,000 rune coins

• Miscellaneous
    • Dark horn (dark sunspear upgrade item) is now tradeable
    • Replaced the "Make 10" option for jewellery crafting with a much more useful "Make all" option
    • Made further improvements to the client in order to reduce FPS lag
    • Rift guardian pets will now show their respective rune type on their item name
    • Tips to reduce lag through your settings:
      • Toggling "Lite mode" will greatly improve performance!
      • If you have "Extended zoom" enabled and experience performance issues, make sure to disable it!

Bug fixes:

• Fixed issues with hit registration on monsters when many hits are being stacked on it at once
    • If there were more than 4 hitsplats on a monster, your hits would be delayed until the hitsplats disappear before they appear.
    • This caused a variety of issues with bosses like enormous mole, and other multi bosses with things such as invulnerability phases
    • Now your hits will automatically register when intended, but some hitsplats may be hidden/buried if a monster is being mass attacked in multi
  • Fixed issue with superior slayer monsters not being melee attackable when spawned in certain corners
  • Fixed a bug that allowed players to attack monsters with their cannon that other players are in combat with (singles)
  • Fixed a bug that caused KBD and KLD to have two different hits per attack
  • Fixed a bug that caused crystals from Cerberus to drop less than their intended rate
  • Fixed a bug with barbarian slayer tasks where they would instantly cancel upon starting it
  • Fixed a bug with wilderness slayer tasks where your task would not cancel after the timer duration ends
  • Fixed onyx bolt enchanting functionality
  • Fixed issue with godsword shard drops sometimes not counting toward collection logs via k'ril minion drops
  • Fixed oak stock appearing for willow log fletching
  • Fixed issue with world NPCs standing still at all times, rather than occasionally roaming as they're intended to
  • Fixed issue with making cannon balls in donator zone furnaces
  • Fixed issue with superior bosses spawning in the VIP zone and not being attackable by the owner
  • Fixed issue with players being able to log into other people's instances
  • Fixed seers' ring not announcing as a drop via DK prime
  • Fixed a visual bug with zaryte bow
  • Fixed Nardah minigame rares not being adding to the collection log when received via sarcophagus
  • Fixed bugs with extended nardah scrolls, particularly when inviting other players
  • Fixed GWD bosses randomly losing their aggressiveness
  • Fixed choke devil's name in the drop table system
  • Fixed receiving catacomb brimstone tasks when the area is not unlocked yet
  • Fixed issues with obstacles in the Karuulm dungeon
  • Fixed standard sponsor cape being recognized as a max cape (this was unintended)
  • Fixed issues with saradom staff (i)
  • Fixed a bug that caused you to lose more than one runecoin machine gem (if in inventory) when shifting clicking in the exchange
  • Fixed bracelet of ethereum showing up as an autokeep (this was unintended)
  • Fixed visual bug with thermonuclear (and nitronuclear) smoke devil's attack animation
  • Fixed visual bug where new accounts see themselves as iron men until they relog
  • Fixed the "latest update" feed not appearing the client or launcher
  • Fixed the vial breaking barbarian scroll. It will now be removed from your inventory upon activation, rather than redundantly remaining in it.
  • Fixed examining Wyrms for their drop table
  • Fixed a glitched bank in the elite zone
  • Fixed the misinforming ancient relic hover description that stated you can receive them via sacred tokens (you no longer can)
  • Fixed an improper black demon spawn location in Brimhaven dungeon
  • Fixed missing log balance objects for the Brimhaven dungeon shortcut
  • Fixed yew longbow (u) in throne room construction interface
  • Fixed issue with muttadile attacking players in other rooms (Chambers of Xeric)
  • Fixed black dragon spawn in slayer stronghold dungeon that was not attackable with melee
  • Fixed iron dragon spawn in slayer stronghold dungeon that was not attackable with melee

Staff team:

• Congratulations to @James for his promotion to the new Grand moderator rank!
  • While this already occurred before the update, congratulations again to @Castleman for being promoted to Super moderator!
  • Administrator @Kong will now have a secondary admin account named "The judge" where he has been given access to new commands to help assist players. In order to prevent intrusion with his player account, they have been set to this new non-player account.
  • Like 4

Holy fuck this is a good update. Like, good enough that I was unironically (silently) cheering while reading this. Good enough that I decided to log in right now on my phone just to reply and say how good it is.

Even a lot of the small things - the make all option, the pets in loadouts, the increased bank limit, these are all things I have wanted so badly, and I fucking love them. The changes to raids really make me want to do them more (and I certainly plan to be doing a lot more, these seem MUCH more rewarding than before), and holy crap, the hit splat thing. I've been thinking for months about Emole and how the cannons slow down kills because I noticed only the hitsplats that SHOWED dealt damage, and had been telling people as often as I could in order to get people to stop bringing cannons,  and it's crazy to me this issue was addressed while I was working on getting a good recording to report the issue. 

And obviously, those new boss perks look fucking amazing. The ONLY thing in this update that feels a bit weird is putting the instanced catacombs locked beyond a boss perk, since it feels more at home as a slayer point unlockable, like the catacombs teleport itself.

Regardless, fucking top notch update. Just really wanted you guys to know how much I appreciate it.

Edited by sarcothis
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, sarcothis said:

The ONLY thing in this update that feels a bit weird is putting the instanced catacombs locked beyond a boss perk, since it feels more at home as a slayer point unlockable, like the catacombs teleport itself.

I'm right there with you.

30 minutes ago, sarcothis said:

The ONLY thing in this update that feels a bit weird is putting the instanced catacombs locked beyond a boss perk, since it feels more at home as a slayer point unlockable, like the catacombs teleport itself.

15 minutes ago, Half said:

I'm right there with you.

Understandable! I've created a few options for the community to choose from in the #polls channel of our public Discord to address this.

• Like 2

so the new catacomb updates, it benefits more experienced but shits on new players? They can't use cannons in normal catacombs? I'm confused.

Just now, jaym2 said:

so the new catacomb updates, it benefits more experienced but shits on new players? They can't use cannons in normal catacombs? I'm confused.

I felt this a little bit, but since they're already addressing moving it to the slayer point shop, at that point its accessible enough for all players that it feels like no one loses out. I do wonder why you cant cannon in normal catacombs anymore - maybe to incentivize people to get the unlock, while leaving the regular catacombs more free for players who dont have it unlocked yet? (and if that is the reason, that seems smart to me) - but either way, seems fine so long as it isn't a boss point thing anymore.

“Fixed a bug that caused crystals from Cerberus to drop less than their intended rate”

that explains why I have 3 pets 7 smoldering stones and only 2 crystals

10 minutes ago, sarcothis said:

I felt this a little bit, but since they're already addressing moving it to the slayer point shop, at that point its accessible enough for all players that it feels like no one loses out. I do wonder why you cant cannon in normal catacombs anymore - maybe to incentivize people to get the unlock, while leaving the regular catacombs more free for players who dont have it unlocked yet? (and if that is the reason, that seems smart to me) - but either way, seems fine so long as it isn't a boss point thing anymore.

yeah but like, they did the total opposite with gwd? This is a similar situation. I know the boss costs nothing compared to the time of 10k boss points. But the point of it being very strong due to afking and no chance of getting tagged is outstanding. So with the new update they benefit experienced players by allowing them to afk an instance with a cannon, which is the opposite of prior instances. At the same time removing them from the normal catacombs. I'm so confused ngl. Someone throw holy water over me.

Also, It may just be me but 3.5k seems really low for a 30 second - 10 second timer ngl. 

Edited by jaym2
cuz i can

23 minutes ago, jaym2 said:

yeah but like, they did the total opposite with gwd? This is a similar situation. I know the boss costs nothing compared to the time of 10k boss points. But the point of it being very strong due to afking and no chance of getting tagged is outstanding. So with the new update they benefit experienced players by allowing them to afk an instance with a cannon, which is the opposite of prior instances. At the same time removing them from the normal catacombs. I'm so confused ngl. Someone throw holy water over me.

Also, It may just be me but 3.5k seems really low for a 30 second - 10 second timer ngl. 

There were various points for our decision with the removal of cannon in the main dungeon:

• On OSRS the cannon is disabled in the dungeon for sake of balance. We were not aware of this design choice when originally implementing it to RX, and in hindsight it's something we wished to have done initially.
  • Reduce unfair/excessive mob crashing for the main dungeon in cases where it remains populated
  • With the new unlockable instance, we wanted to provide additional incentive to make the cost more justifiable

The price to unlock it is rather high, mainly for server stability. Minimizing the amount of total instances on the server is essential, as a dungeon instance is multi-regioned & rather large!

As you may have also seen in the above replies, I agree with allowing players to unlock this through actual slayer content, and put up an official poll addressing our future direction with this:

k7SGihl.png

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

There were various points for our decision with the removal of cannon in the main dungeon:

• On OSRS the cannon is disabled in the dungeon for sake of balance. We were not aware of this design choice when originally implementing it to RX, and in hindsight it's something we wished to have done initially.
  • Reduce unfair/excessive mob crashing for the main dungeon in cases where it remains populated
  • With the new unlockable instance, we wanted to provide additional incentive to make the cost more justifiable

The price to unlock it is rather high, mainly for server stability. Minimizing the amount of total instances on the server is essential, as a dungeon instance is multi-regioned & rather large!

As you may have also seen in the above replies, I agree with allowing players to unlock this through actual slayer content, and put up an official poll addressing our future direction with this:

k7SGihl.png

I understand but this isn't OSRS. A lot of shit in this server doesn't match up to osrs. I'm very uncertain about this decision even with all the above mentioned. Alot of the ppl who camp these areas I'm guessing would have 10k + boss points anyhow. All this does really is make it non-afkable for newer players and add an easier option for players who have played longer. The only thing ppl do at the catacombs is afk, I'm never gonna use it again until I get 10k boss points again. IMO not a good idea, I like the updates usually, me Is on the fence here. 

5 minutes ago, jaym2 said:

The only thing ppl do at the catacombs is afk

i mean i personally do a lot of active content within the catacombs.

Just now, sarcothis said:

i mean i personally do a lot of active content within the catacombs.

I mean what's the point, who even plays runex active LOL

The two things u don't afk are raids and a few bosses.

Edited by jaym2

Improved the rare & very rare rate boosts for higher difficulties to:

• Adept difficulty provides +5% reward chance (no change)
  • Expert difficulty provides +25% reward chance
  • Master difficulty provides +50% reward chance
  • Grandmaster difficulty provides +75% reward chance

... is this not obviously way too much of a buff orrrrr? 

Raids will remain dead content because the items wont be worth anything. You host spawnpk man u already know this. 

Edit: i just wanna say the update looks amazing. didnt mean to focus on the one thing i dont agree with. I do feel the raids buff is way op though. 

Edited by tranquil

Not liking the instanced catacombs locked behind a boss point system. It makes it much harder for lower level accounts to do slayer efficiently.

Why is the furnace still broken at ::Dzone???!!! I can't craft any rings at all, which resorts me to having to use the one at ::Home

PLEASE FIX THIS. IT HAS BEEN LIKE THIS SINCE ::DZONE WAS UPDATED FOR THE WORSE.

On a side note, thank you actually implementing my suggestion:

Edited by karlyla

Really not liking the whole can't use a cannon in a non-instanced catacombs.