Munchy

New Slayer helms

We have had a bunch of awesome slayer update recently and i think that at least two new helms would make a nice addition to the game in areas that are lacking a specific helm, an improved melee helm, and a wilderness helm.

We have both the frost fused and lava fused that offer better bonuses than regular helm to magic and ranged respectively and i think that a Earth Fused slayer helm, offered at the same price of 20k rc and a fused slayer helm  would fit nicely into the pattern of acquisition we have already and offer a similar bonus like 5 more acc and 5 more str. It could also carry the same texture as the brimstone hammer so it fits together aswell.

As for a wilderness helm there is already a lot of dmg boosting that can happen in wildy and i don't think we need more dmg or acc for a wildy helm. A fused helm and a rev weapon can already hit 80+ what would be nice is a way to fuse the hunter's honour hat that comes from 100 cursed shards with a fused slayer helm, to make a helm that has the ability to auto collect blood money. This could be added to the enchantment chest with a 100% recipe of fused slayer, hunter's honour, and cursed blood orb.

Please leave feedback and other ideas/critiques.

Edit: included texture idea for earth helm.

Edited by Munchy
  • Like 2

+1 to both ideas, also like the idea for the slayer one in the enchant chest but i'd like to see it 90%'d just so it has a slight chance to fail like infern tent.

I agree with this, this would allow a better use for all of the slayer points that we stack up and have no great use for. I like the idea of having a hunters honor and fused pair for the wilderness. You have my full support. 

+ 1 on the melee slayer helm.

However for the wilderness slayer helmet, I'd prefer to see it's creation have more tie in with wilderness slayer. Rather than a cursed blood orb, I would like to see a new rare reward added to the Larrens chest that would be used in the exchange. Larrens chest is already dead content, making wilderness slayer quite dead as well. The 'rare' rewards are quite niche and don't hold a candle to the brimestone chest uniques, and the general loot is just garbage in more cases. 
With this change to the exchange, the enchant should be 100% as hitting the Larrens rare table is well, rare. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Iron Logic said:

+ 1 on the melee slayer helm.

However for the wilderness slayer helmet, I'd prefer to see it's creation have more tie in with wilderness slayer. Rather than a cursed blood orb, I would like to see a new rare reward added to the Larrens chest that would be used in the exchange. Larrens chest is already dead content, making wilderness slayer quite dead as well. The 'rare' rewards are quite niche and don't hold a candle to the brimestone chest uniques, and the general loot is just garbage in more cases. 
With this change to the exchange, the enchant should be 100% as hitting the Larrens rare table is well, rare. 

I mentioned this in discord that the blood slayer helm which can be whatever can be made with a blood relic which is obtained from Larrens chest. And can be used at the enchantment chest, the stats exactly I’m not sure same with effects.

• Like 1

Both cursed blood orb and cursed shards have multiple wilderness based methods to obtain, ie cursed caskets, larran's, rev ether, and farming in caverns. Both items would relieve the rng of hunting one place and offer multiple places within the wilderness to obtain with some methods being more direct or indirect.

Edited by Munchy

honestly id love to see one in an enchantment chest which is gambled with blood money and larrans keys (wild one) then the other bought with slayer points and brimstone keys to use up all those which are really coming into the game right now. it would be a great endgame content helm to have like "the helm of slaughter" coming from an insane amount of slayer points (like 10k or so). 

Would love the introduction of an upgraded melee helm for all of us scythe hoes. 

Its true that we have weapons to boost damage in the wildy. Such as the wilderness weapons though. its way to hard to get a decent amount of rev ether to supply such use of those weapons. So in my opinion you can get like a damage boost in some sort or upgrade the rev droptable so its worth grinding for ether to provide in the wildy slayer.

At the moment im grinding wildy slayer task and some are just impossible to complete in time. I'm talking about boss tasks due the lack of damage and its not that i have really shitty gear or some sort.

Furter i agree totally with your post :)

Edited by fastboy50