touched

Let's talk about our current staff team.

So as of lately. I've notice a decline in staff members being active. Like truly never around. I'll get on and go through my friends list to see who's on. And I personally haven't seen staff on over the course of the last 3-4 weeks. Continuing to get worse each day.

Most days I've seen @Castleman online and that's about it. With one rare case of Raw having James login for 2 minutes, to retreat back to whatever he's doing.

Rumor has it 3 of the staff members are busy playing RS3, Which I think it's fine. But I don't feel these players should continue to hold their rank if they don't plan on being around the community(this meaning they need to manage their time between games, being that they remain active on runex)

Our staff team represents us as a whole. When we had bad staff, the community becomes toxic. When we have good staff, things are lively and the community acts right. 

To be blunt. We need to find new and active members for the staff team, who want to push for things being right. 

I think this is a huge issue is with all our head staff members not being around. Ontop of the fact, I don't believe @Ramzi knows about the inactivity. 

I'd personally love to hear everyone's feedback on the topic.

Edit:tagging staff

@Ryan @Nate @Kong @Ralph @Klein @Huff @James @Solo Might be missing 1 

Edited by touched
  • Like 1

-Some of the Staff members live in different timezones, (comparison between Europe and US). Which makes your scheludes just different, since I've seen multiple Staff members just yesterday and the day before that and list goes on. (I live in EU)
With the case of some of the Staff members being more unactive than others; I bet there's a "deal-made" (do not know the word for it) if someone has something going on in their life which they need all their focus on, it'll be fine. Such as problems in relationships or work and health issues.

-Toxcism will occurr wheterless there's active staff or not. Staff are keeping it "in order" which is partly true.

-I bet Ryan makes good decisions, since he has made a lot of them to this point, and will make them in the future.

-I don't see the unactivity as an issue tbh but I play about 8-10hrs a day so there's that

EDIT 1: sry for any grammar mistakes, not fluent in english

Edited by Wings
Clearing a point

I agree that we are having an issue.

But first I will say that the staff do have lifes to live. 

That being said, being staff is a privilege, a privilege that you need to consistently work to uphold , If a staff member is burnt out, playing different games and not being active on Runex, they do not deserve the rank.

I don't care to see any staff demoted or replaced. I just want some more to be appointed so we have some more active members of the community being trained up. 

Also @Wings 
- Sure staff have different timezones, but that doesn't fix the issue that we still have huge chunks of un-staffed timezones. 
- Ryan avoids most staff team things, that's all Ramzi. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Iron Logic said:

I agree that we are having an issue.

But first I will say that the staff do have lifes to live. 

That being said, being staff is a privilege, a privilege that you need to consistently work to uphold , If a staff member is burnt out, playing different games and not being active on Runex, they do not deserve the rank.

I don't care to see any staff demoted or replaced. I just want some more to be appointed so we have some more active members of the community being trained up. 

Also @Wings 
- Sure staff have different timezones, but that doesn't fix the issue that we still have huge chunks of un-staffed timezones. 
- Ryan avoids most staff team things, that's all Ramzi. 

I’ll be honest here.

As much as what’s said about me when I mention staff etc, I don’t really care about anyone’s view on my demotion or other things unless they’re fully informed & what not. But I’ve been told or heard that certain staff members are filling the dead Timezone being the Australian Timezone when players most like myself, @Iron Logic @Batty Are on which is roughly 4pm-12am our time. But I haven’t seen it filled I see solo on every now and then sometimes afk same goes with other staff members. Now usual peak time being roughly in the morning for me had no staff on for a while which was shocking as usually there’s 1-3 staff on at that time. 

Solo said it himself too that he works 8 hours, travels 3 hours, and as we all have our own lives I’ll say 1-2 hours for misc things. Then there’s also sleep. 

If our staff aren’t playing the game as much, gives us staff who actually play. I hate bringing SpawnPK into the mix but every time I’ve been on they’ve got at least 1 member on, there Admin is more active than some of our mods/server supports.

Staff reflects Runex’s image and if a new player who requires staffs help due to being stuck, dced as a hcim or would even just like staff reassurance for prices or if a player is trustworthy and there is none to answer there call it shows a bad reputation to those new players.

We need a fix and we need it now.

• Like 2

I agree staff activity has been lack luster entirely. I apologize for myself but I can't really log in during Fri-Sun very long as I have 12 hour shifts that day but I don't want to make any excuses if that makes sense. I'm usually on everyday for at 4 hours excluding the weekend days. Also I've informed Ramzi of inactivity for myself and just wanted to go over my own personal situation but not sure if I should say but Ramzi said he was going to look into getting us more help. I just want to apologize to everyone for not being as active and I'm going to work on it and if it doesn't improve due to work life then I'll resign as I don't want to be holding a staff position without actively playing a part. I'll reapply when I've got more time but during the Halloween/Christmas time both of my jobs will pick up a ton. I love you all and I'm sorry for not being as active.

• Like 1

These types of threads have been made many times throughout the years, even by myself when I was active. Nothing will happen. The thread won’t do anything, just keep voting on staff applications and the right people will get promoted.

I will come outright and say it. I have been inactive for almost a week which i apologize for. My reason albeit not the best was a minecraft server i played for along time reopened. I met a lot of people that im still friends with on this server and with it opening again we have all been playing reminiscing and just getting setup. The friends i made on that server i keep more in contact with than my highschool friends. I will be more active as im basicly finished setting up my base in minecraft now =P

• Like 1

I have to admit currently my activity as a staff member is low. This is mainly due to being busy IRL with moving to go to college in ~a week. 

I can only really speak for myself here, but I've made sure that the staff team is aware of my lack of activity over the next week or so. After I get moved in and into a routine at college I'll be able to be as active as I usually am.

So for now, sorry for the slight inactivity.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2019 at 1:46 AM, Ralph said:

I have to admit currently my activity as a staff member is low. This is mainly due to being busy IRL with moving to go to college in ~a week. 

I can only really speak for myself here, but I've made sure that the staff team is aware of my lack of activity over the next week or so. After I get moved in and into a routine at college I'll be able to be as active as I usually am.

So for now, sorry for the slight inactivity.

"Staff team is aware" The staff team may be aware but the players aren't. Next time you're planning on going inactive for a bit, just let the players know so they're not just sitting in the dark. Telling the staff team won't do anything other than "secure" your position. It's the players that need to know. This is not meant as flame or anything, sorry if it may come out that way. Just constructive criticism. Just let the players know next time lad, gl with the college stuffs n everything.

Edited by Roger
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Roger said:

"Staff team is aware" The staff team may be aware but the players aren't. Next time you're planning on going inactive for a bit, just let the players know so they're not just sitting in the dark. Telling the staff team won't do anything other than "secure" your position. It's the players that need to know. This is not meant as flame or anything, sorry if it may come out tht way. Just constructive criticism. Just let the players know next time lad, gl with the college stuffs n everything.

Thank you Baldy. Said perfectly.

It’s always nice to see that the community is concerned about the wellbeing of the server, especially when it involves concerns about the staff team. 

Unfortunately, I had been on holiday from the 11-25th July (spent a ridiculous amount of money) then, had to rapidly save for my trip back to England from the 6-25th Aug. Once I return to Vietnam on the 25th, I will resume my regular Runex routine.

Everyone on the staff team were well informed about my two periods of absence. That being said, I could’ve done a better job of informing the community. 

I hope that everyone has been enjoying Runex as they should and have encountered 0 issues with the server.

Much love,

Kong ❤️

• Like 2

I wasn’t planning on commenting on this after I first did but somethings really been itching me cause it seems to be all about ‘knowing’ the person or being friends. I hate to also call out people but I need to for the reference.

I personally have no problems with Asuna, he’s a good guy and I enjoy a chat with him whenever. But he recently cameback and even when I took a hiatus the staff team would still make me post a new app after 30 days or I’d get negative feedback, the fact asuna was able to post an app maybe less than 30 days after coming and the staff constantly support simply for knowing him. Staff shouldn’t support players based off friendship but what they see when they come back, same thing as it doesn’t matter if staff resign and quit then comeback they should earn there rank again to show they’ll do exactly what they did before. 

If staff are blindly supporting without ensuring the player helps, is active, etc then the staff team will stay shocking and cause RuneX to continue to lose players. @Kong I hate to call you out but you blindly supported Asuna just for knowing him despite you being absent for almost two months and not seeing what goes on.

The way things go on this staff team need a big change.

Edited by Vise

6 minutes ago, pr ime said:

I'm sorry, but why am I not tagged as staff ?

Cause you're a ticket-bitch. 

1 hour ago, Vise said:

I wasn’t planning on commenting on this after I first did but somethings really been itching me cause it seems to be all about ‘knowing’ the person or being friends. I hate to also call out people but I need to for the reference.

I personally have no problems with Asuna, he’s a good guy and I enjoy a chat with him whenever. But he recently cameback and even when I took a hiatus the staff team would still make me post a new app after 30 days or I’d get negative feedback, the fact asuna was able to post an app maybe less than 30 days after coming and the staff constantly support simply for knowing him. Staff shouldn’t support players based off friendship but what they see when they come back, same thing as it doesn’t matter if staff resign and quit then comeback they should earn there rank again to show they’ll do exactly what they did before. 

If staff are blindly supporting without ensuring the player helps, is active, etc then the staff team will stay shocking and cause RuneX to continue to lose players. @Kong I hate to call you out but you blindly supported Asuna just for knowing him despite you being absent for almost two months and not seeing what goes on.

The way things go on this staff team need a big change.

If you're really an advocate for change then hide all of your other applications and give other people that care about the server a chance. Your time has already come and unfortunately it wasn't meant to be. 

The staff team aren't blindly supporting Asuna either. They've seen the good he does and not only that so have other players and that's evident from looking at his application.

Whether Kong knows Asuna or not isn't a factor here. Kong has been here long enough to see who would be a great fit for his/Ramzi's team. Not only that, other staff have as well and they know how much of a good guy Asuna is. Moving forward from that, yes, Kong has been gone for 2 months and hasn't seen a lot that's went on in-game however I'm quite certain you can't pull up anything bad Asuna has done because there's quite frankly nothing. He's a good egg and deserves a fair chance. Everyone on Asuna's staff app would agree with me minus Batty cause he doesn't want 2 James's.  

I've spoken to Asuna personally on a lot of different things and he's got a good head on his shoulders. Him and I aren't on a first name basis but I can call him a friend.

As to your last point on things on the staff team needing a big change. I disagree. I think people need to sit down and evaluate their level of thinking. Staff have lives outside of Runex. You can attest to this since you rarely were online in your tenure due to work/school. The staff team (when they're online) do a good job. As for my point of them not being online most of that has been answered on this thread.

• Thanks 1

Firstly, saying that Vise should hide all his applications since his time has come and gone is a little rich given how many times I saw you added back to the staff discord :P 
Obligatory white knighting for Vise out of the way, let's just in to it. 

Well let's be real here, most players are blindly supporting Asuna.

Back when I first became staff, I had to fight 4-5 other players just to be the first person to help a player, had to welcome everyone on the forums, had to post suggestions and bug reports consistently. This was all to show that I was willing to put in the time/effort and had the knowledge. 

But with Asuna, I haven't seen him active in months. I've had him added on most of my accounts for a long time and ever since the application was made, I've been watching whenever he is online to see how much he helps, as I do with everyone who applies. Through this observing, I've seen little help, or even interaction. Asuna himself has in the past -1'd applications for in part having low forum interaction, something Asuna has lacked for many many months.

Asuna is just popular. Take any other player with the same application and same in-game/forum activity and most players would ignore the application all together.

Vise is kinda 100% in the right for his comments about Kong supporting Asunas application. Kong hasn't been online in weeks, he has no idea if Asuna has done anything to deserve a chance as staff, Kongs support was based purely off knowing Asuna.

As for the last point about the staff team, I agree that it doesn't need to change. But this recent series of staff inactivity can't simply be palmed away as 'staff having lives'. If staff don't have time for Runex, leave and: 

17 minutes ago, Raw said:

give other people that care about the server a chance.

Having your Administrator, Super Moderator, 2 moderators and some server support all taking breaks at the same/similar time is just bad time management. Ryan always says Runex is a business, and no business would let 50% of their work force all take leave at the same time. 

Going on a holiday? Good, enjoy your time, have fun and make memories. 
Want to play a different game? Go ahead, do what you enjoy doing.

But make sure the server isn't suffering due to inactive staff/timezones. 

But hey, most of the staff have replied to this post, apologised, recognised the errors made and things seem to be going back to normal. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Raw said:

As to your last point on things on the staff team needing a big change. I disagree. I think people need to sit down and evaluate their level of thinking. Staff have lives outside of Runex. You can attest to this since you rarely were online in your tenure due to work/school. The staff team (when they're online) do a good job. As for my point of them not being online most of that has been answered on this thread.

Of course staff have lives, and during my times even with my studies I was on during my classes to ensure there was always at least one staff member on even tho the staff team had a lower count then. Not to mention when some big issues arises I was active during it but due to the circumstances of me being on a packed train & none of the others being available even on discord there was nothing I could do about it. We had 8 staff members not including Ryan, Nate & Ramzi, yet we can’t even have at least 1 on at majority of times.

Hide my applications? I apply because I care about the server, it’s slowly losing players constantly I see new players ask for staff but there are none to be seen or they’re afk. 

Edited by Vise

14 hours ago, pr ime said:

I'm sorry, but why am I not tagged as staff ?

Ill be honest. Didnt even remember you were staff. Dont get me wrong. I almost forgot about most of the supports, until i viewed the bottom of the forums.

On 8/19/2019 at 5:11 PM, Vise said:

Hide my applications? I apply because I care about the server, it’s slowly losing players constantly I see new players ask for staff but there are none to be seen or they’re afk. 

Yeah, hide your applications. I said in my post to give other people a chance because you've had yours. I didn't mean any disrespect by it but you have had your chance to attempt to help and the powers at be relieved you (Ramzi) 

Your comment about it losing players is sorta false though. Typically during the day When I logged in we had 80+ players daily. That's at peak/sorta peak times. I just logged in at 3 am eastern on a school night (5 pm for aussies) and there's a good amount of players online. 

VU3pHKw.png

tF0BnCn.png There's 9 less players than there normally is.

Just a side note as well. I hit on mostly everything you said in your original post but you've only focused on the things I said directly to you in your followup post which means you most likely agree with what I've said in regards to your comments about Kong. 

Another thing too in regards to what you've said about Asuna in your post above.
If anyone else seems to get a good reply on their staff app you're pretty much one of the first to
shoot em down. The shittiest part about the whole thing is that you didn't even -1 or give criticism on his app.
You did it on a complaint against the current staff team. You should go at least give criticism.

58 minutes ago, Raw said:

Yeah, hide your applications. I said in my post to give other people a chance because you've had yours. I didn't mean any disrespect by it but you have had your chance to attempt to help and the powers at be relieved you (Ramzi) 

Posting an application doesn't get in the way of anyone elses. This whole 'hide your applications because you were demoted' thing seems like a sly way at taking jabs since as I pointed out, 1 application has 0 effect on the others.

Speaking of sly jabs, why did you crop out 33% of your screenshot? 
This one here: ywoWh2B.png

All of that aside, Runex has been losing players for a while, and part of that is due to inactivity from the staff team. I used to server hop all the time before settling down on Runex, and one of my methods to see if the server had a future was seeing how active the community and staff were. If there was no staff online when I was online, I would just leave. 

There is plenty that staff could do to help cultivate the growth of the community:
1. Being online to assist players,
2. Being online to mitigate mockery from veterans towards newer players,
3. Being more active on the forums to make it seem like we are an active community,

But that being said, the inactivity is only a portion of the problem. Things like our host, bugs, lack of engaging end-game content etc are also major factors in our diminishing player base. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Iron Logic said:

Posting an application doesn't get in the way of anyone elses. This whole 'hide your applications because you were demoted' thing seems like a sly way at taking jabs since as I pointed out, 1 application has 0 effect on the others.

Speaking of sly jabs, why did you crop out 33% of your screenshot? 

I'm not trying to "sly jab" him at all. I'm simply stating let others have a chance instead of trying to go for staff. He wants complete change in the staff team, his words. Him rejoining the staff team wouldn't change much however another person might. I'm not going to argue with you over another person being "change" either. I've seen the PM Ramzi sent Vise and I'm not dissecting that here. If you'd like to DM me feel free and i'll explain but from what he was demoted for I don't think him becoming staff can 'change' anything. 

U2s98kK.png Sly jab? No. Every comment on my last post was directed strictly towards Vise so I left out that last part in your screenshot. One would think even you would catch that. There's no point of adding the "good comment, Vise" part when I already highlight that with what I've said in my above post.

1 hour ago, Iron Logic said:

ll of that aside, Runex has been losing players for a while, and part of that is due to inactivity from the staff team. I used to server hop all the time before settling down on Runex, and one of my methods to see if the server had a future was seeing how active the community and staff were. If there was no staff online when I was online, I would just leave. 

There is plenty that staff could do to help cultivate the growth of the community:
1. Being online to assist players,
2. Being online to mitigate mockery from veterans towards newer players,
3. Being more active on the forums to make it seem like we are an active community,

But that being said, the inactivity is only a portion of the problem. Things like our host, bugs, lack of engaging end-game content etc are also major factors in our diminishing player base. 

Server still has the same amount of people from when I stopped playing super actively so I don't buy it. Maybe if there were some statistics via Ryan/Ramzi/Nate I'll believe that. However one thing I will say is we were supposed to get Youtubers in to advertise the summer event. Ryan said specifically they would be here after the QOL/Bug fixes update but alas, it's 8/21 and the event ends on the 27th. That doesn't seem to be happening. 

I do agree with all 1, 2 and 3. 

Lastly, I agree on the lack of end-game content which is why I'm playing rs3. It's just a lot more fun to me.