tranquil

Implings Updates

#1 - bring back wildy imps

#2 - implement mechanic where character keeps trying to capture imp automatically until caught. Old school runescape has this mechanic

#3 - Imp box is terrible solution to Imps spawning in un reachable locations. Please try to fix imps spawning inside buildings and etc. Or.. LET US OPEN DOORS

1. Didn't even realise they removed wildy imps lol. I didn't mind them but the issue I had is that they were very scarce. 

2. Sounds good, it does get annoying spam clicking, but they do have a magic butterfly net which increase impling catch rate by 50%. Even so, I like the idea.

3. I thought of it like that before, but after sometime I thought it was kept like it purposely to encourage people to farm for the 3 tokens to get the extra implings. I may be completely wrong. But yeah, It would be nice to OPEN DOORS. 

On 6/30/2019 at 10:58 PM, tranquil said:

#1 - bring back wildy imps

#2 - implement mechanic where character keeps trying to capture imp automatically until caught. Old school runescape has this mechanic

#3 - Imp box is terrible solution to Imps spawning in un reachable locations. Please try to fix imps spawning inside buildings and etc. Or.. LET US OPEN DOORS

Wilderness implings are in the game though. 

8 hours ago, Raw said:

If they are I'd think there numbers need to be increased. I didn't believe him at first but I ran around wildy for 5-10 minutes to double check and couldn't find 1 imp lol.

10 hours ago, Raw said:

I am sure you know what i mean though. Compare the amount to Last winter for example. Something has definitely happened with the implings spawns in the wilderness, it is undeniable. It is VERY rare to find imps these days

2 hours ago, jaym2 said:

If they are I'd think there numbers need to be increased. I didn't believe him at first but I ran around wildy for 5-10 minutes to double check and couldn't find 1 imp lol.

Exactly. there are some imps, ive caught a fair few, but as you say you can run for 10-15 minutes and find none. 

in comparison to last winter .. there is hardly any.

• Like 1

1. They're about just uncommon

2. Yes

3. OPEN ALL THE DOORS AND KEEP THEM OPEN

#OpenTheDoorsMovement

• Like 1

1. The wilderness implings are too uncommon, to the point where there is no risk vs reward. It becomes risk and less loot. Running around safe zones gets you many many times more implings that the wilderness. 
I have a feeling that the Halloween event is to blame, because we added ghostly chocowyrms to the wilderness and I bet they just replaced half the implings with the wyrm spawns. 
Wilderness implings are dead content, they should be fixed.

2. - 1 from me. Implings are meant to be a huge pain in the ass because their loot is, in my eyes, too good. 

3. I told you all when the impling box was suggested that it was a very lazy fix and would give the developers a reason to just ignore all the broken doors.
Told you so. 
Either open, remove or allow us to open any and all doors and change the function of the impling box to freeze implings for 15-30 seconds to assist with capture.

On 7/29/2019 at 8:35 PM, Iron Logic said:

The wilderness implings are too uncommon, to the point where there is no risk vs reward. It becomes risk and less loot.

hard agree. Have absolutely never understood the concept of having them spawn less often. The idea is : you risk the impling loot, but gain blood money (and i've heard higher tier imps spawn more often). Proper risk vs reward. But the low spawnrates make it just as he says, risk + losing out on reward. Which just makes absolutely no damn sense. Spawnrates should be similar, if not exactly the same, and the chance of losing your loot should be the risk.

As for auto follow/catching imps, I'd like to see it added, but do agree that imp loot is extremely good. I don't think it's good game design to say "make it a pain in the ass because its good" because that's just gonna annoy players, but some change to the loot tables or spawn rates would probably be necessary if we dont want to make imps even more OP (mostly for irons).

third, absolutely remove all the doors. I don't know enough about coding to say if that'd be the easiest way (compared to just coding them to be openable / permanently opened) but seriously having closed doors and having to grind out an item to fix a bug is really dumb. You could always just also make magic boxes more easily available (i might even suggest just having them be buyable like impling jars - one time use, cost 100k or smth) if dealing with the doors is really that difficult.

On 7/29/2019 at 9:35 PM, Iron Logic said:

1. The wilderness implings are too uncommon, to the point where there is no risk vs reward. It becomes risk and less loot. Running around safe zones gets you many many times more implings that the wilderness. 
I have a feeling that the Halloween event is to blame, because we added ghostly chocowyrms to the wilderness and I bet they just replaced half the implings with the wyrm spawns. 
Wilderness implings are dead content, they should be fixed.

2. - 1 from me. Implings are meant to be a huge pain in the ass because their loot is, in my eyes, too good. 

3. I told you all when the impling box was suggested that it was a very lazy fix and would give the developers a reason to just ignore all the broken doors.
Told you so. 
Either open, remove or allow us to open any and all doors and change the function of the impling box to freeze implings for 15-30 seconds to assist with capture.

1. yes 

addressing 2. and referencing 3.  

Trust that it will still be plenty annoying watching your character fail over 30 times to catch a dragon imp at 99 hunter. (speaking of...)

The only difference would be that our fingers wont have to endure the pain. Keeping this mechanic the way it is is the same lazy type of thinking you speak about in point number 3. which i totally agree with

• Like 1

All these three would be nice. Especially the 2nd one, spam clicking in a game is ridiculous.