King Blake

Barrows Gloves

I was wondering if anyone else would like the idea of a different way of obtaining barrows gloves being implemented. Not exactly sure how they could be added, potentially with blood money, warriors guild tokens, or a different minigame/miniquest all together. If this is something that you would like to see, but you don't like the ideas that I have listed then please reply with any other suggestions you may have. I personally believe that having to spend 40 achievement points on the most useful gloves in the game seems a little absurd, and would like to see this changed in the future. 

Edited by King Blake

I would say a minigame where you have to kill all the quest bosses would work for this ive seen that done in other server and works fine i agree its annoying having to spend achievement points on them

-1 Needs to be something you earn rather than just buy achievement points work fine when you get high level which is what they are designed for

1 hour ago, Nicko said:

-1 Needs to be something you earn rather than just buy achievement points work fine when you get high level which is what they are designed for

They are designed to be the best gloves in game but they're not supposed to be end-game content. I agree they should be something you earn, so possibly add them to the runex store for a certain amount of points? The idea of them being hard to get is not what I'm trying to get rid of, it's the fact that the achievement points are so scarce yet so useful, but you have to choose between bonus exp or the best gloves in game at some point.

If this was to be implemented then fire cape etc would need to have other ways of being obtained.

You can resell items to the achievement store. If the resell value isn't there for you because you'd still like to be spending your points on other things, well then all I have to say is that more achievements are coming. Our goal was never to "limit" players choices via achievements, but instead gradually grow them to the point where they can have multiple achievement items they desire after completing a significant portion of the game. There isn't really any intention of changing the barrows gloves or method of obtaining any time soon so for now you'll just have to shell out those points guys! Heheheh

if you think 40 achievement pts is end game content....... well, youre not the sharpest tool in the shed. at all. pretty dull actually. 

1 hour ago, NS said:

if you think 40 achievement pts is end game content....... well, youre not the sharpest tool in the shed. at all. pretty dull actually. 

The 40 points for the gloves is not what I called "end-game content" but I guess I see where you're coming from. I meant that if a person wants to gain bonus exp, he will have to pick between having the best gloves in the game (which are supposed to be achievable by around med level) or the varrock armour. This pushes the gloves towards being end-game content because it isn't smart to spend 40 points on gloves when you could trade that for obtaining bonus exp, forcing you to wait until you have either 90 (barrows gloves + varrock armour 3) or 140 (barrows gloves + varrock armour 4) achievement points to be able to have both. Seeing as I am currently 2243 total level with only 104 achievements completed and 124 points to spend, this pushes barrows gloves towards end-game content. 

I understand that you can always choose between the two items by selling them back to the store whenever you would like, but I don't believe this should be a necessary trade-off.

3 hours ago, Nate said:

You can resell items to the achievement store. If the resell value isn't there for you because you'd still like to be spending your points on other things, well then all I have to say is that more achievements are coming. Our goal was never to "limit" players choices via achievements, but instead gradually grow them to the point where they can have multiple achievement items they desire after completing a significant portion of the game. There isn't really any intention of changing the barrows gloves or method of obtaining any time soon so for now you'll just have to shell out those points guys! Heheheh

I really like the idea of the achievement shop and the huge variety of achievements, the only thing I disagree with is barrows gloves being in the store. Most of the other items in the store obviously belong there, but a few items (barrows gloves, crystal items, etc) have potential to be introduced in a different way, which could also create the opportunity for new items to be added into the achievement shop. Although if there are no plans to ever change how these items can be obtained, then I guess you can lock this thread. 

Edited by King Blake

4 hours ago, Samuel said:

If this was to be implemented then fire cape etc would need to have other ways of being obtained.

What does this mean? Why would fire cape need anything other than fight caves? That is how it has always been, no reason to ever change this. I don't understand where your logic is coming from, if you would like to elaborate.

Sorry for posting twice in a row, didn't notice this comment before I responded to the other 2.

Edited by King Blake

24 minutes ago, King Blake said:

What does this mean? Why would fire cape need anything other than fight caves? That is how it has always been, no reason to ever change this. I don't understand where your logic is coming from, if you would like to elaborate.

Sorry for posting twice in a row, didn't notice this comment before I responded to the other 2.

Because like barrows gloves it is a commonly used item. Why would another way to gain barrows gloves be added without considering other items. Seems very targeted and pointless.

29 minutes ago, Samuel said:

Because like barrows gloves it is a commonly used item. Why would another way to gain barrows gloves be added without considering other items. Seems very targeted and pointless.

Right but unlike barrows gloves, fire cape is obtainable through the fight caves, which makes sense because that is how it is supposed to be on runescape. Obviously this is targeted, because of the extensive reasons why I have stated that barrows gloves should be removed from the achievement store and implemented differently, but I don't see how it could be pointless. I guess we don't see eye to eye on the situation, but I still don't understand why anyone would think that if barrows gloves are changed then other things would have to be changed as well. Maybe other people will agree with you and I'm wrong. Would like to have more people in on the discussion before it gets shut down so quickly. 

1 hour ago, King Blake said:

The 40 points for the gloves is not what I called "end-game content" but I guess I see where you're coming from. I meant that if a person wants to gain bonus exp, he will have to pick between having the best gloves in the game (which are supposed to be achievable by around med level) or the varrock armour. This pushes the gloves towards being end-game content because it isn't smart to spend 40 points on gloves when you could trade that for obtaining bonus exp, forcing you to wait until you have either 90 (barrows gloves + varrock armour 3) or 140 (barrows gloves + varrock armour 4) achievement points to be able to have both. Seeing as I am currently 2243 total level with only 104 achievements completed and 124 points to spend, this pushes barrows gloves towards end-game content. 

I understand that you can always choose between the two items by selling them back to the store whenever you would like, but I don't believe this should be a necessary trade-off.

its really not hard to get achievement points. i have around 160 achievement points on an iron man that i got in 6 days