King Kyle

Broken PVP Features

Here are a bunch of broken pvp mechanics that the server would really benefit from adjusting. It would be appreciated if you could look into these @Ryan @Ramzi

1. You can activate the obelisks without being physically next to them, so someone frozen in the middle can still teleport using them
    • This means that anyone who makes it to the obelisks is pretty much safe, considering hits while you're teleporting are nulled
  2. Summoning familiars appear over top of other players
    • This makes familiars like wolpertinger not even worth bringing because you won't be able to see your opponent half the time
  3. Proselyte Hauberk gives +5 strength bonus.... torso gives +4? lol
    • It shouldn't give any strength bonus and I think only a few people have noticed that it actually does
  4. Constantly while fighting players, I get a message "you are already under attack" when there is nobody else around. This even happens in multi-combat zones where this shouldn't be a thing
    • This is probably the most annoying broken feature (maybe it has something to do with having a familiar, because I often do)

• Like 1

Thank you kyle. I was making a list to give to the developers and added all of these in although I already had 3/5.

-Samuel

6 minutes ago, Samuel said:

Thank you kyle. I was making a list to give to the developers and added all of these in although I already had 3/5.

-Samuel

Cool thanks. You seem like you're doing a great job, keep it up

• Like 1

The "I'm already under attack." bug is needs to be fixed asap. Nobody is even around and it just makes the wilderness the safe place that it shouldn't be. Please let Ryan know how urgently harmful this bug is @Samuel

Vhc4sx7.png

P.S. it has nothing to do with having a familiar

@King Kyle On the first one you pointed out, that'd be really fair, but that's not the point of Obelisks and how they work, they work how they do in OSRS (and RS3?) as you need to activate the obelisk's pillars, walk into the 3x3 square inside of it and let it go off, being able to activate it from within that 3x3 square from the corners inside that touch the obelisks pillars are fine but anywhere else isn't likely to happen.. :S

Now, we move on to number two, it seems a bit ridiculous that the summons should be atop of the player, that's really inconvenient and just no fun honestly. In PvP you shouldn't really have a "meat shield" to protect you, in PvP it's you and only you with your gear, supplies and weaponry, the summons should be kept how they are and be kept under the player. I think you wanting this is making it a more of a Safety Handlebar to hold onto when it'll only have people use large summons to protect themselves from getting PvP when they should know that in PVP it's killed or be killed man.

That's my opinion.

1 hour ago, Zer03d said:

@King Kyle On the first one you pointed out, that'd be really fair, but that's not the point of Obelisks and how they work, they work how they do in OSRS (and RS3?) as you need to activate the obelisk's pillars, walk into the 3x3 square inside of it and let it go off, being able to activate it from within that 3x3 square from the corners inside that touch the obelisks pillars are fine but anywhere else isn't likely to happen.. :S

Now, we move on to number two, it seems a bit ridiculous that the summons should be atop of the player, that's really inconvenient and just no fun honestly. In PvP you shouldn't really have a "meat shield" to protect you, in PvP it's you and only you with your gear, supplies and weaponry, the summons should be kept how they are and be kept under the player. I think you wanting this is making it a more of a Safety Handlebar to hold onto when it'll only have people use large summons to protect themselves from getting PvP when they should know that in PVP it's killed or be killed man.

That's my opinion.

1. In OSRS you need to be physically touching them in order to activate it.

2. What he meant is that a player dissapears once a familiar walks over the player.

2 minutes ago, Roger said:

1. In OSRS you need to be physically touching them in order to activate it.

2. What he meant is that a player dissapears once a familiar walks over the player.

Ah, I mean I still think it be a bit silly for the player to disappear because the summon stands over the player, that might just be me and my opinion but, hey.

And I thought he was saying with the first one is that you could activate from just standing anywhere in that 3x3 teleport square in the obelisks. Lol.

21 hours ago, Zer03d said:

Ah, I mean I still think it be a bit silly for the player to disappear because the summon stands over the player, that might just be me and my opinion but, hey.

And I thought he was saying with the first one is that you could activate from just standing anywhere in that 3x3 teleport square in the obelisks. Lol.

Dude you missed like every single point of this topic lol. Of course it is silly that the summoning familiar causes players to be unseen. That is why I'm bringing it to the attention of the people who can fix that.

Also I AM saying that you can activate the obelisk from anywhere in the 3x3 teleport square. AGAIN I'm suggesting this be fixed. This is "report a bug"; I'm reporting broken features in the game.

On 4/3/2017 at 8:15 AM, King Kyle said:

Dude you missed like every single point of this topic lol. Of course it is silly that the summoning familiar causes players to be unseen. That is why I'm bringing it to the attention of the people who can fix that.

Also I AM saying that you can activate the obelisk from anywhere in the 3x3 teleport square. AGAIN I'm suggesting this be fixed. This is "report a bug"; I'm reporting broken features in the game.

Whoops, my bad mate, I completely misread it. Does that actually happen though? (The Familiar and the Obelisk one) If so, that's REALLY silly. :S