Iron Logic

[Event] Farming Suggestions

Howdy Yall, L dog back again to hit you with the most original and well thought out suggestion. 

1. We should add tree and fruit tree farming!
All jokes aside, It's pretty much consensus that tree farming should be added, so I wont go in to any more detail since Ryan should already be planning to add this, should.

2. Left click Raking and Watering.
This is a simple QoL suggestion, even the main game has this, no-one wants to spend all that extra effort and would help to slightly speed up a boring skill.

3. Nerfing Allotment planting experience.
This is probably an unpopular opinion, but the current meta for farming is just dumb and counterproductive to the economy. Right now, as a prime with no boosts, I can just plant a watermelon seed and gain 145 experience, dig it up and plant another and so on. Normally this wouldn't be an issue since the player gains no produce but still uses the seeds and thus makes this method of training costly. But Watermelon seeds are 850gp and always available in a shop, even for ironmen. 
We need to nerf or completely remove the experience gain for planting allotments.
This change will coax more players in to training farming normally while still allowing for power farming with herb seeds, aventoe+ offering better experience. This would help the economy as players would be more likely to buy herb seeds. 

4. Variety Yields.
Farming on Runex is boring, you always get the same amount of herbs and allotments every patch. Let's vary it a little please. 
Instead of a flat 7 herbs, offer 5-10 herbs. A slight change that just adds a little variety. 

5. Flower Patch.
Currently we have no use for the flower patch, but it is just sitting there, showing players that it is unused. It looks lazy.
We could simply remove the patch, but I have a more interesting idea. 
We should add flowers with special farming effects, such as faster growing, higher yields, automatic composting and removing the need to water plants. 
These seeds could be added as rare drops to higher end bosses.

6. Hespori.
Hespori is a farming boss on OSRS that drops seeds and the bottomless compost bucket.
We should add this as it is a really cool concept to make skilling interesting.
Hespori seeds could be a rare yield from harvesting allotments and herbs and be planted in the flower patch.
Once grown, you will fight the boss.
The boss would drop the bottomless compost bucket, which simply holds 10000 composts and an assortment of seeds, possibly even the special flower seeds. 

• Like 1

+1 to all of these, not sure about the last one but wasn't a part of osrs when this was added so would be interesting fun content in my opinion. A lot of skills need reworked and farming is definitely one of them.