Mike23

[EVENT] Important hunter Suggestions

Hello! 

I'm a professional hunter. 

Throughout my hunting experience i've came to a few conclusions.

1. Bonecrusher should work with hunter. 

That means if you are catching birds using a bonecrusher, the bonecrusher needs to make sure the bones do not go into your inventory

2. Add a "Lava wagtail" Pet

This pet now automatically eats up the meat you gain from hunting birds.

3. Chinchompa hunting improvements

Chinchompas should be sought after by people training ranged, remove the chinchompas you gain from achievement.

This would increase the price of chinchompas and also make people actually start to farm them as a decent way to obtain money. 

Black chinchompas could use some love, make the black chinchompas give double ranged xp so that it is way better than red chinchompas

1. Interesting idea, would like to see bonecrusher become a more relevant item that's more worthwhile to use so can +1 that

2. -1 in my opinion because seems unnecessary. I like that there is pretty much 1 skilling pet per skill right now, even if some are rare as fuck and aren't seen in game as much as others.

3. The achievements really do not give that much chinchompas and make sense thematically with the achievement reward system. Regarding black chinchompas, I'm not sure double the experience is a good amount; perhaps 1.3x or 1.4x? Similar to OSRS, they're used to powerlevel to a degree slightly greater than red chinchompas but to give double the experience is quite a leap. 

Also, the reason chinchompas are not as valued as they are on OSRS is simply because the grind to get your ranged to 99 simply isn't as tedious unless you're playing prime. With normal or hard mode it is quite easily achievable within a few hours and with supreme a coupe of days can allow you to reach 99. Once you reach 99 there is no real reason to chin

@Uim Safi Regarding #3

I meant that when using blk chins for ranged training, it gives 2x the experience that you would get using red chins, aka making them way more sought after for RANGED training, aka increase the value of black chins and decrease the amount, also that would incentivize players to hunt black chins in wild etc.

1. Yes. Bonecrusher isn't really worth having, in my opinion, at all. Even as a prime it was useless. But giving it that extra buff would be nice in a way to passively train prayer while doing hunter. 

2. No thanks. There are plenty of pets as it is. Even so, pets are tradable. Would only be worthwhile if pets weren't tradeable. 

3. Again, no. Not needed, even as a prime training range isn't tedious to that degree to resort to using chins for extra xp. I hardly ever see anyone actually use chins  period. 

How is bonecrusher useless?

It saves a lot of time using a bonecrusher while farming bosses with grand looting bag. Without it your bag would be full in 5 minutes.

6 hours ago, Humpy said:

How is bonecrusher useless?

It saves a lot of time using a bonecrusher while farming bosses with grand looting bag. Without it your bag would be full in 5 minutes.

Because using frost dragon bones with knowledge elixir and skilling tokens on a gilded altar is much faster than using bonecrusher. So i literally never found it even remotely useful to have it take a space in my inventory when i already have 99 prayer that only took a few hours. If you think its useful, great. 

49 minutes ago, Death Fury said:

Because using frost dragon bones with knowledge elixir and skilling tokens on a gilded altar is much faster than using bonecrusher. So i literally never found it even remotely useful to have it take a space in my inventory when i already have 99 prayer that only took a few hours. If you think its useful, great. 

Like humpy said, wait till u get a grand looting bag and be maxed.

i bring Herbicide,charming imp, bonecrusher, grand looting bag to everywhere. Its godly

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Mike23 said:

1. Bonecrusher should work with hunter. 

2. Add a "Lava wagtail" Pet

I'll just address there two as a group.
This is clearly only aimed at making your time farming lava wagtails more convenient and safer, since you don't need any extra inventory space.
-1 from me. Bone crusher has a huge array of uses and the pet is just no.

3. Chinchompa hunting improvements

We could decrease the amount you get from the achievements, especially for quicker modes. But we shouldn't give them some form of experience boost. Players will pay for what they thinks is either more efficient or the best deal. If Kharazi chins are cheap as chips because no-one buys them, then people will scoop them up. Same with if Red chins are expensive as shit, why waste the money to have a bit of time. 

@Iron Logic 

Actually it would make farming lava wagtails more risky, because players would be farming feathers efficiently, thus making it yet again a hotspot for pvp instead of a dead area.

There is no reason bonecrusher shouldn't work with hunter, its basically a bug pretty much. In OSRS the bonecrusher automatically buries bones from hunter because if it didn't it wouldn't be working as intented. 

2 hours ago, Mike23 said:

@Iron Logic 

Actually it would make farming lava wagtails more risky, because players would be farming feathers efficiently, thus making it yet again a hotspot for pvp instead of a dead area.

There is no reason bonecrusher shouldn't work with hunter, its basically a bug pretty much. In OSRS the bonecrusher automatically buries bones from hunter because if it didn't it wouldn't be working as intented. 

Firstly, we aren't OSRS. In OSRS you need to do diaries and change the bonecrusher. 

Your suggestions would eliminate the inventory management and allow for extra food/brews to be taken with you to wagtails. Making it safer for you and others.