Sign in to follow this  
Shaolin

[EVENT] Suggestions

(1) I might be alone on this, but thieving on a prime is a pain for a pretty simple reason... Ham members from 15 to 38 for master farmers, that in itself isn't that much of a chore, although a 25-30 thieving requirement NPC would appreciated, but it's the leap from guard (40) to Paladin (70). That's HUGE, for Primes. That's a bigger leap than Agility being 35 > 52 and Agility even has A MASSIVE experience advantage over thieving for those levels.

(2) Updating the guides on clickable/trainable skills. It's kind of weird/daft to have to ask people to google OSRS potion lists, or ingredient lists or even silly things like, updating that you can't cook sharks @ 76 cooking, because players that have skipped playing Runescape or just haven't played in a very long time, get confused by that weird typo.

(3) 'Trial mode' I'd LOVE, an instance where I can attempt a boss that I've never done, without having to spend 6 hours worrying whether I haven't memorised a rotation or pattern and instantly losing a Prime HC. Hell, I'd even love if you had to pay GP to do it. 1m per trial and ensure that it's a safe death but has no rewards, what so ever. Just to learn the rotation a bit. Maybe even limit the amount of times you can do it, or increase the GP per trial.

(4) Add new farming seeds and ways to get farming seeds in more bulk (mainly lower tier seeds). Considering that skilling tasks exist, a way to better farm for seeds would be a god send, at this point; and I truly love farming but it's so repetitive to use the same few (sparse) seeds and herbs. It'd just add more content to those of us who go for max and care about life after max (200ms).

(5) Not sure if this would be do-able, but i'd be curious to know & would LOVE for it to become a thing. ZMI. Random runes, slightly extra experience with the chance of dying. Runecrafting isn't boring due to time spent, it's boring due to repetitiveness. 

I'll number em out on my thoughts for each one;

1. I disagree with the thieving problem - there are already a lot of NPCs there any more would just cause further confusion. You have access to the Elf at donator zone once you get 60 thieving which from my understanding is the best thieving xp/h. I think based on how fairly easy thieving is as a skill, that while it is a tedious thing to level from 40 to 60 (for Elves) or 70 (for Paladins) it is good how it is right now. 

Additionally, you will most likely deal with Kharazi at one point or another, those chests are sleeper OP for thieving experience (I've gotten from almost 1-48 just with the minigame and doing the thieving daily three times). 

2. Agree with this, herblore is a real pain in the ass if you don't know what you're doing (I don't know what I'm doing) so updating that to display the herbs you can clean at certain milestones combined with the potions you can make (guam + eye of newt at level 3 for attack pot for example). 

The level 76 shark cooking thing has been called out a few times so far, nothing yet on it but I agree with it being changed.

3. If you want to try out a boss try it on an alt account; you shouldn't be given any benefits for choosing to play HCIM. Trial takes away from the risk of HCIM which is easily by-passable anyway by making a normal account just to determine the mechanics of a boss. I understand you want to pay to access this trial and not receive any loot nor reward (I assume achievement progress) but this sounds too much like a system which would make HCIM easier than it already is. You have to realize that as it is, anything outside of the wilderness is a safe death on Runex for anyone that is not a HCIM so this just makes the game mode easyscape to be honest with ya

4. There are a large amount of seeds for varying levels and even on Prime mode the lower levels of farming zoom by giving a large amount of exp per harvest. Implings are a great way to get many resources such as seeds (Nature Impling) without having to do any combat. Combat also unlocks a large list of NPCs such as the Chaos Druid which drops many noted grimy herbs as well as seeds.

5. Never really did ZMI on OSRS so not too sure how it works, quick read of the OSRS wiki makes it sound pretty dope though so I'm for it.