economic health program

The economy of RuneX in the tp and prices of many items are drastically falling. I believe there needs to be an update to address this. I believe this is mostly due to a large lack of cash in the economy causing deflation. This lack of cash is primarily due to the way in which cursed twisted bows, cursed Kodai and cursed mauls are made. Since every time one of those is made the economy loses 50b it is too massive of a money sink for the item sinks to keep up. I would love to see a future update either enhancing gp flow into the economy or ridding of this big money sink and replacing it with something less hindering to those without large sums of cash hoarded up. I hope this suggestion is helpful.

Edited by 9

Eco is messed up but that's not why it's mainly due to hoarding and the bans of Ex Royalty and Iron Erica

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Batty said:

Eco is messed up but that's not why it's mainly due to hoarding and the bans of Ex Royalty and Iron Erica

but regardless doesn't that warrant a need for more cash in flow to the eco?

From the day i joined this server i said i loved everything except the eco, its the only thing that would make me quit

tbh the eco is fair. It fluctuates just like a market should. Just because everyone doesnt have a TBP doesnt mean its fucked

I mean, when I quit in the end of last year a blowpipe was 10b-12b, now it's 2b-3b.... what happened?

5 hours ago, Balerion said:

I mean, when I quit in the end of last year a blowpipe was 10b-12b, now it's 2b-3b.... what happened?

The reason for blowpipes price dropping is due to the Easter event using mystery chests & keys which caused a few items such as Blowpipe, sunspear, draconic and more to drop as a lot was brought into the game. 

The economy is becoming scarce of gold which is very painful to watch as there’s a lot of items that usually sell instantly taking hours or days or even weeks to sell. 

The plat trader has taken out maybe roughly I’m estimating 250b+ cash from players which is pretty rough to the economy as players quit with there cash or get banned such as Erica & royalty causing even more cash to be taken out. 

I myself am always scarce on gp and I mean like always (probably cause I buy too much skilling supplies but that’s not the point :P). 

Plat trader needs to also be available for irons as what iron is going to play long enough to have 100b cash for cursed tbow and cursed Kodai

• Like 1

There isn't really much you can do to fix this issue. 

If we increase the gold coming into the economy we will just have the same issue, but instead of items taking ages to sell, they will just be worth stupid amounts of gold.

The biggest cause for this issue was the amount of items coming in to the game from the easter event, this flood of items paired with the draining of gold has slowed everything down. Let's not forget that just from the chocowyrms alone 120B pure cash game into the economy, not including the large amount of gold you can get from mystery boxes and chest.

In my opinion nothing needs to be done. For now at least.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Iron Logic said:

If we increase the gold coming into the economy we will just have the same issue, but instead of items taking ages to sell, they will just be worth stupid amounts of gold.

The biggest cause for this issue was the amount of items coming in to the game from the easter event, this flood of items paired with the draining of gold has slowed everything down. Let's not forget that just from the chocowyrms alone 120B pure cash game into the economy, not including the large amount of gold you can get from mystery boxes and chest.

Fully agreed with this.

Please don't add an update to fix this, this is just normal stochastic behavior.

Markets always ebb and flow.

On 5/20/2019 at 6:14 PM, Iron Logic said:

Could not have said it better myself.

On 5/20/2019 at 9:14 PM, Iron Logic said:

Logical coming in with logical thinking. Honestly on point, with every economy comes issues and downfalls. Its a very very touchy thing to fix or even let live. I've seen the economy deflate and inflate in my time. It'll fix itself in time.