Raw

Future of updates.

I recently went on our sister servers forums (SpawnPk) and checked out a few of their recent updates to give some inspiration of things we could use here. What i found were some raids updates they received which we should have had ages ago, combat changes they've had and many other Qol type updates that would benefit Runex. 

*note* Raids pets having abilities isn't something we've suggested before (to my knowledge) but it would be a nice add-on.

2f0cfew.png

29bmrsp.png

13yrro.png

sm526g.png

9r5zci.png

After looking at their recent updates within the past 3-4 months these stuck out to me because some of these are updates we've all asked for yet our sister server, the *spawn* server received them. 

I truly believe we should be treated equal to them. Spawnpk received Chambers of Xeric on march 23rd of this year and have already received many of the updates we've been asking for. We received Chambers of Xeric on march 3rd of 2018 just to put that into perspective. 
If Runex is ever going to truly move forward things like this need to be taken into consideration when it comes to updating either game. New content is always nice but updating and making your older content better and more up-to-date is always a +1 in my book. 

Runex has made wonderful strides in the last few months and I want to see the game reach even greater heights.

Please post your thoughts below and any other ideas you may have.

• Like 5

I actually moved over to SPK to test their raids.

Not having the afk guard is super awesome. I don't know how many raids I've been booted out of due to needing to walk away for a minute, even between rooms. I agree that afk guards should be removed. I've been saying this since our raids were released. The most recent argument was by a staff member saying people would be able to spam the worm pile for hunter XP. I really don't care if a prime gains 5 XP, just update the pile to give salvage resources so they can't auto click it.

As for the pets, I think the pets are pretty lack luster on here. I'd love to see the pets being useful in raids alone. I think the pets are one of the biggest "RIP"s for drop, for example. Olm pet is such a hit in the nuts, It's from my knowledge the same drop rate as twisted bow and Epic pet box. I'm 100% down to giving them a perk that helps in raids.

One thing I don't want runex is to copy, is needing overheads for the Olm fight. On SPK you have to go into raids on the normal prayer book. They don't have lava pendent like we do. And for some reason the protect from magic curse prayer doesn't work the same as the regular protect from magic. So if you aren't praying magic, you'll die almost right away.

The reason they had so many updates towards raids, was due to many bugs. One of the major issues currently. Is if you die, you have to completely reset the raid. The rooms are bugged and you can't get back into the boss rooms.

All in all, I'm 100% for seeing some raids love. 

• Like 1

i agree 100 percent, alot of these would be a great add to runex, im sure in due time we will see some of these added.

+1 entirely. The ones you shared would be so amazing for us to have and we have been asking for a lot of these for quite some time now. Just make sure we don't get the yell tag update lol.

• Like 1

+1 to basically all of them.
Hai der Ryan, give us some more tender loving, we want the number 1 spot. ❤️ 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Raw said:

2f0cfew.png

To my knowledge, Vanguard pathing is fixed, spinner pathing is fixed, spinner attack after death is fixed.
The rest should be worked on.

6 hours ago, Raw said:

29bmrsp.png

Huge - 1 to giving raids pet's extra perks. Don't think I need to explain why, we have accessories, use those instead. 
This would also be a huge imbalance with the raids leaderboards system.

6 hours ago, Raw said:

13yrro.png

Huge - 1 to removing the AFK guard. Just don't afk, it isn't hard. The possibility for abuse is endless since you can:

1. Do skills such as fishing, cooking, woodcutting, hunter, fletching in the skilling rooms.
    Autoclickers or bots could be set up to abuse this with the staff having 0 clue since it is instanced.
  2. You can also take in supplies such as dart tips and feathers, alch/enchant runes etc that can be further abused via auto clickers or scripts.
6 hours ago, Raw said:

sm526g.png

Not sure why/If the slayer helm would provide anti-dragonfire effects. The wyvern shield was just missed as it was only added to protect normal dragonfire semi-recently and no-one used it to protect at olm until recently [Bug tester world will not catch these things]. 

6 hours ago, Raw said:

9r5zci.png

The combat improvements seems very pvp focused, which is not uncommon for a pvp server. I guess I'd like to see some of them implemented on Runex is it is as simple as copy and paste, but I've not noticed many reports or suggestions around pvp combat changes and for things like the bypassing prayers etc, Ryan would have checked Runex when he fixed it on SpawnPk. 

I think in terms of raid updates, we really need to focus on the pathing and click box issues. I spoke to Ryan about them ages ago and he said they were hard/time consuming to fix, but they should be fixed. Maiden and Verzik still have spots you can't melee from due to the combat change we had, how is that still an issue? 

6 hours ago, mike33756 said:

First

6 hours ago, mike33756 said:

but if they remove afk guard from raids, you'll actually be able to clear a raid raw xD

Also, @Kong Dis is double posting.