Rasta

Ticket Clearance Rate

Should Kong be able to do tickets? (Name changes, pin resets, etc)  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Should Kong be able to do tickets? (Name changes, pin resets, etc)

• Yes, he's very active and the majority of tickets take some time to process.
    • No, just having Ramzi handle the tickets is quick enough.

As of now, Ramzi is doing a good job at completing tickets when he's got the time.
However, as a growing sever with a fairly large playerbase, they need to be handled more frequently.

Even without being a staff member, I see the amount of complaints people make about the rate tickets are being made.
No disrespect to Ramzi at all but, we need a faster clearance rate.

You just promoted Kong, he's an asset, you should use him. 

So, I've gone ahead and created a poll to gauge the communities opinions on taking on another member to assist Ramzi with tickets.

Thanks

Edited by Rasta
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I figured he would already able to do tickets, otherwise whats the purpose of having him be admin?

1 minute ago, Nickoo said:

I figured he would already able to do tickets, otherwise whats the purpose of having him be admin?

this. +1

1 minute ago, Nickoo said:

And we have multiple players per day wanting name changes, pin resets, password resets. He already handles the OSRS gold donations. The difference between supermod and admin currently is the crowns.

1 minute ago, Rasta said:

And we have multiple players per day wanting name changes, pin resets, password resets. He already handles the OSRS gold donations. The difference between supermod and admin currently is the crowns.

Through the 3 name changes I've paid for, I've currently never had it done in less than 3 days. Especially with the price increase, it should at least be done considerably quicker, which would be made possible if he could handle tickets. 

6 minutes ago, God said:

Through the 3 name changes I've paid for, I've currently never had it done in less than 3 days. Especially with the price increase, it should at least be done considerably quicker, which would be made possible if he could handle tickets. 

The last name change on my iron took over a week. Have also heard this complaint from a lot of other plays. An administrator should be able to do more things than a super mod.

Isn’t that simple if I’m honest, if I’m correct it’s to show kong is head of the team I’m sure in due time he will be able to do tickets and what not but it’s not as simple as just letting him do it. Not only is there an enormous trust factor that plays but there is also the coding involved with it. He needs to edit char files find them etc and more, if he isn’t familiar with coding and these things one fuck up could mean all char files deleted or more. The trust is also a big issue letting someone Ryan and Ramzi May think they trust but then suddenly turn on them and steal the servers code to then sell it online, I’ve seen this happen multiple times for code, donations etc. 

Im sure in due time Kong will be allowed to do tickets 

2 hours ago, Vise said:

Isn’t that simple if I’m honest, if I’m correct it’s to show kong is head of the team I’m sure in due time he will be able to do tickets and what not but it’s not as simple as just letting him do it. Not only is there an enormous trust factor that plays but there is also the coding involved with it. He needs to edit char files find them etc and more, if he isn’t familiar with coding and these things one fuck up could mean all char files deleted or more. The trust is also a big issue letting someone Ryan and Ramzi May think they trust but then suddenly turn on them and steal the servers code to then sell it online, I’ve seen this happen multiple times for code, donations etc. 

He knows how to work with code. Something like as easy as opening a player file in note pad and editing it. He is plenty capable.

15 minutes ago, Rasta said:

He knows how to work with code. Something like as easy as opening a player file in note pad and editing it. He is plenty capable.

That’s not how it is tho, this isn’t a simple hosted server, there’s the VPS which he has to login to and most likely it’d be being run through eclipse or another coding program which he then has to go into it find the file, change the name and ensure it won’t create duplicates etc but usually it’s not as simple as editing a name. Then the update for it must be pushed to ensure it’s change in the game without affecting the players playing. It’s not as easy a lot of people would think regardless of if he knows how to work with the most basic code. But knowing how to do it comes much after if the trust is there 

3 hours ago, Vise said:

This is 100% the case.

Personally, I voted no on this and it's not because I don't trust Kong, I'd trust the man with my banking details. I voted no for the simple fact that many of us do not know what goes on behind the scenes on these kinds of things.

For example:
I'm not personally aware if the administrator on SPK handles stuff like this for Ramzi and if it's the case then Kong not having access makes perfect sense because why would you give a new administrator access to your most precious things if your old administrator doesn't have the same tools. 

Kong is the first administrator ever on Runex and where he is the most trusted individual there's more than just 'trust' leading into him having VPS access. Kong currently manages the staff team, has been managing certain events, is currently creating things for the forums, can reset pins for people and in due time will most likely be handling more in terms of responsibilities. It all comes down to time. In due time he'll be able to do more. He already does so much for the game.

• Like 1

Voted no, Vise and Raw covered why.

People just need to remember that forgetting your password or pin is their fault and stat resets, donor swaps or name changes are something most rsps dont offer. 

So it takes as long as it takes.

Also I dont trust Kong, he stole my heart.

• Like 1

I have to agree with Logical, Vise and Raw on this one. Giving a newly promoted admin access to do tickets could potentially cause big issues for the server. I trust Kong completely however he has just been promoted to admin and Ryan and Ramzi need to trust him as much as we all do before they give him access to this kind of tool, as Vise said its not as easy to do tickets as some might think.

Ticket times really do not take that long, yes there are some cases where Ramzi gets busy IRL and takes an extra day or so to do them but most of the time they are handled within 48 hours, which in my opinion is not long at all. 

Im sure in due time we will see Kong handling a good amount of the tickets which I am 100 percent sure he could handle.

• Like 2

As multiple people have covered above, I don’t know what goes on behind closed doors and what information I would be trusted with.

I can agree to the point that tickets would be sped up, however, it is not priority. Ramzi is currently handling tickets at the speed he is due to his extremely busy irl schedule, which includes studying for his finals.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Vise said:

That’s not how it is tho, this isn’t a simple hosted server, there’s the VPS which he has to login to and most likely it’d be being run through eclipse or another coding program which he then has to go into it find the file, change the name and ensure it won’t create duplicates etc but usually it’s not as simple as editing a name. Then the update for it must be pushed to ensure it’s change in the game without affecting the players playing. It’s not as easy a lot of people would think regardless of if he knows how to work with the most basic code. But knowing how to do it comes much after if the trust is there 

If someone like me can use eclipse and do said things, Kong can do it. Eclipse is extremely easy to navigate, and all they'd need is to give him a tiny crash course in it, and it would be good to go. He even knows how to do it. He's not 'Admin' for just a different crown than James. And getting on the VPS is as simple as Ryan giving him access. It's not as hard as you're making it out to be.

Edited by Rasta

Just now, Rasta said:

If someone like me can use eclipse and do said things, Kong can do it. Eclipse is extremely easy to navigate, and all they'd need is to give him a tiny crash course in it, and it would be good to go. He even knows how to do it. He's not 'Admin' for just a different crown than James.

Let's be real here man, this isn't real runescape, the gap between ranks like server support, moderator and all the way up to admin don't really mean much. Perhaps as of late the server support rank is seen more as a trial, but the rest of them are generally the same with some extra commands sprinkled in. Kong is an admin because he is the leader of the staff team and it is healthy for the server to have an admin that is actually a part of the community, I'd love to see him do more behind the scenes, but he isn't here for that.

Also, having the skills and being trust worthy aren't the best qualifications. I have the technical skills to develop for Runex, but Ryan isn't just going to open the door for me, because Ryan, Ramzi and Nate are a close knit group that have built up extreme trust over the years. Kong is just some kid who plays their server. Give it time, hopefully he will be given more things to do in the future. 

1 minute ago, Iron Logic said:

Let's be real here man, this isn't real runescape, the gap between ranks like server support, moderator and all the way up to admin don't really mean much. Perhaps as of late the server support rank is seen more as a trial, but the rest of them are generally the same with some extra commands sprinkled in. Kong is an admin because he is the leader of the staff team and it is healthy for the server to have an admin that is actually a part of the community, I'd love to see him do more behind the scenes, but he isn't here for that.

Also, having the skills and being trust worthy aren't the best qualifications. I have the technical skills to develop for Runex, but Ryan isn't just going to open the door for me, because Ryan, Ramzi and Nate are a close knit group that have built up extreme trust over the years. Kong is just some kid who plays their server. Give it time, hopefully he will be given more things to do in the future. 

The Super Mod was the leader of the staff team before Admin was added. Kong is not just some kid who plays the server. He was an integral part of the last update and the ones to come. No one gives the man credit for the behind the scenes things he's done. It's like you're arguing he's incapable/shouldn't be allowed to process password resets/pin resets/name changes because he's not Ramzi or Ryan.

He is now the highest ranked staff member whether we like it or not. I legitimately got a screenshot of Ramzi saying he was finishing all tickets yesterday, and mine did not get touched while other's did. There are too many tickets and only one Ramzi. Think of this argument from people who need these things done. No one wants to wait 2-3 days for a pin or password reset.

Just now, Rasta said:

The Super Mod was the leader of the staff team before Admin was added. Kong is not just some kid who plays the server. He was an integral part of the last update and the ones to come. No one gives the man credit for the behind the scenes things he's done. It's like you're arguing he's incapable/shouldn't be allowed to process password resets/pin resets/name changes because he's not Ramzi or Ryan.

He is now the highest ranked staff member whether we like it or not. I legitimately got a screenshot of Ramzi saying he was finishing all tickets yesterday, and mine did not get touched while other's did. There are too many tickets and only one Ramzi. Think of this argument from people who need these things done. No one wants to wait 2-3 days for a pin or password reset.

Kong is just some kid, we all are. The Co-owners don't know us personally and If any of us wanted to we could just destroy/steal stuff behind the scenes and nothing would be done because we have nothing invested in the server or the greater RSPS community. 

None of the staff, past or present, get enough credit for what they do, but it is their choice to do it. I didn't do all the extra stuff I did as staff to get a pat on the back, I did it to improve the server that I love, I'm sure Kong feels the same way. 

I have no idea of Kongs technical skills when it comes to the back end of Runex, but I am 100% arguing that he shouldn't have access to the back end files, I don't even think I should have access to them if I was in Kongs shoes because you never know what could happen. Kong might make a mistake, Kong might copy all the files he can just in case anything happens and sell them if he was to leave Runex down the line etc. I trust Kong more than anyone, but It isn't worth the risk. 

If people don't want to wait 2-3 days for a pin reset, I have the perfect guide

1. Don't forget your pin.
  2. Have a nice day.

Don't get me wrong man, go back 6 months or so and I was up Ramzi's ass every day about getting tickets done faster and about how I should be allowed to help him. But as time went on I saw the risks and accepted that If we are going to have someone helping Ramzi do tickets, it will be from an outside source. 

15 minutes ago, Iron Logic said:

Kong is just some kid, we all are. The Co-owners don't know us personally and If any of us wanted to we could just destroy/steal stuff behind the scenes and nothing would be done because we have nothing invested in the server or the greater RSPS community. 

None of the staff, past or present, get enough credit for what they do, but it is their choice to do it. I didn't do all the extra stuff I did as staff to get a pat on the back, I did it to improve the server that I love, I'm sure Kong feels the same way. 

I have no idea of Kongs technical skills when it comes to the back end of Runex, but I am 100% arguing that he shouldn't have access to the back end files, I don't even think I should have access to them if I was in Kongs shoes because you never know what could happen. Kong might make a mistake, Kong might copy all the files he can just in case anything happens and sell them if he was to leave Runex down the line etc. I trust Kong more than anyone, but It isn't worth the risk. 

If people don't want to wait 2-3 days for a pin reset, I have the perfect guide

1. Don't forget your pin.
  2. Have a nice day.

Don't get me wrong man, go back 6 months or so and I was up Ramzi's ass every day about getting tickets done faster and about how I should be allowed to help him. But as time went on I saw the risks and accepted that If we are going to have someone helping Ramzi do tickets, it will be from an outside source. 

Ignorance is always bliss isn't it. Alright "Logic" where's your logic behind the statements you make? You do realize people make mistakes that's why they forget, no way around it. But you're conceited to the point you don't feel any obligation to help out. There's probably a reason you're not staff just stop talking you look like a fool. Don't mean to dig that deep but it has to be said for you to grow.

Completely agree, ignore the commoners.

11 hours ago, Castleman said:

I have to agree with Logical, Vise and Raw on this one. Giving a newly promoted admin access to do tickets could potentially cause big issues for the server. I trust Kong completely however he has just been promoted to admin and Ryan and Ramzi need to trust him as much as we all do before they give him access to this kind of tool, as Vise said its not as easy to do tickets as some might think.

Ticket times really do not take that long, yes there are some cases where Ramzi gets busy IRL and takes an extra day or so to do them but most of the time they are handled within 48 hours, which in my opinion is not long at all. 

Im sure in due time we will see Kong handling a good amount of the tickets which I am 100 percent sure he could handle.

Every "ticket" I've submitted has taken over 48 hours to do. They need help whether you guys want to admit it or not. Looks like staff and ex-staff is displaying some heavy distrust in Kong. But that's neither here nor there. Let all of the players go back to waiting a week for their tickets to be finished. I was even told my name change would happen last night because Ramzi was doing tickets. Actually the past two nights. Yet nothing.

He needs help. He got the position for a reason.

Edited by Rasta

1 minute ago, Happysun51 said:

Ignorance is always bliss isn't it. Alright "Logic" where's your logic behind the statements you make? You do realize people make mistakes that's why they forget, no way around it. But you're conceited to the point you don't feel any obligation to help out. There's probably a reason you're not staff just stop talking you look like a fool. Don't mean to dig that deep but it has to be said for you to grow.

Completely agree, ignore the commoners.

I'm not sure why you are so two-faced with me, I've heard it's a memory issue, and as someone who also has a memory issue I wont exactly hold it against you. 

But I'm not sure what you have saying, you are attempting to discredit everything I have said while providing no rebuttals, which is an interesting debate technique. 
I think you are trying to say that I don't feel obligated to help out or something, which is quite true, I'm not staff anymore so I don't have to, I will on occasion if someone else doesn't. 

Yeah there is a reason I'm not staff anymore, a reason you've called BS the past 2 times I've explained it to you, but that has nothing to do with this discussion, so why even bring it up. But I have grown from that experience.

You just don't understand the facts behind this man. 

Just now, Iron Logic said:

I'm not sure why you are so two-faced with me, I've heard it's a memory issue, and as someone who also has a memory issue I wont exactly hold it against you. 

But I'm not sure what you have saying, you are attempting to discredit everything I have said while providing no rebuttals, which is an interesting debate technique. 
I think you are trying to say that I don't feel obligated to help out or something, which is quite true, I'm not staff anymore so I don't have to, I will on occasion if someone else doesn't. 

Yeah there is a reason I'm not staff anymore, a reason you've called BS the past 2 times I've explained it to you, but that has nothing to do with this discussion, so why even bring it up. But I have grown from that experience.

Actually it's multiple personalities. I can see both sides because I am both sides. It's not a debate it's a learning process. Facts? My experience is based on several not just my own as well. Non-stop research on top of it and testing of course. The reason I don't come for rebuttals is cause there's no need to. You'll never see the true sides to the story because your emotions get attached. 

7 minutes ago, Iron Logic said:

To be fair you're creating an argument that a new staff position, made specifically for Kong, should be 'felt out'? Before he's given responsibilities? The man is the current longest tenured staff member, in fact. This 'admin' thing is legit giving him a trial run with a new crown. If you stand by your argument, then we need to dump the supermod position. Otherwise your argument is paradoxical.

Edited by Rasta

10 minutes ago, Rasta said:

Every "ticket" I've submitted has taken over 48 hours to do. They need help whether you guys want to admit it or not. Looks like staff and ex-staff is displaying some heavy distrust in Kong. But that's neither here nor there. Let all of the players go back to waiting a week for their tickets to be finished. I was even told my name change would happen last night because Ramzi was doing tickets. Actually the past two nights. Yet nothing.

I am not sure where in my post you got that I don’t trust kong, considering I said in my comment that I trust him. I’d literally trust him with anything. Please do not put words in my mouth or try and make my post negative towards kong, I’m simply saying that he needs to learn the system and Ryan and Ramzi need to completely trust him before he is able to do tickets. Name changes do take longer than 48 hours in most cases because it requires more work and more research before they can give you a name that someone already has. In my time being staff, 98 percent of the time the regular pin/pass resets are done in no longer than 48 hours. Am I saying that help wouldn’t be nice? No, help would be nice and I’m sure Ramzi would agree with that. Like I said in my post above, in due time I’m sure kong will be handling a majority of the tickets. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Castleman said:

I am not sure where in my post you got that I don’t trust kong, considering I said in my comment that I trust him. I’d literally trust him with anything. Please do not put words in my mouth or try and make my post negative towards kong, I’m simply saying that he needs to learn the system and Ryan and Ramzi need to completely trust him before he is able to do tickets. Name changes do take longer than 48 hours in most cases because it requires more work and more research before they can give you a name that someone already has. In my time being staff, 98 percent of the time the regular pin/pass resets are done in no longer than 48 hours. Am I saying that help wouldn’t be nice? No, help would be nice and I’m sure Ramzi would agree with that. Like I said in my post above, in due time I’m sure kong will be handling a majority of the tickets. 

I can see this was a pointless suggestion to add to the forums. We should let the players say a little bit first though before staff and ex staff mow down the idea like with a Mac 11. Maybe when staff provides info, they should make sure it's accurate. Not appease people.

Edited by Rasta

7 minutes ago, Rasta said:

I just stated that I trust Kong more than anyone, how can you say ex staff, I.E me, that I don't trust him.

The reason staff and ex-staff are all seemingly on the same wave-length is because we have discussed this in the staff chat 1000 times, none of us enjoy seeing people have to wait for these issues, we wish we could do it immediately ourselves. But that's not how it works.

Also on the topic of your name change, I looked at the help section and don't see a ticket for your name change. Did you post it in the wrong section or doing it via PMs? Those kind of things trip Ramzi up from time to time. 

4 minutes ago, Happysun51 said:

Actually it's multiple personalities. I can see both sides because I am both sides. It's not a debate it's a learning process. Facts? My experience is based on several not just my own as well. Non-stop research on top of it and testing of course. The reason I don't come for rebuttals is cause there's no need to. You'll never see the true sides to the story because your emotions get attached. 

You need to take a step back and use your words better man, that paragraph is like a mishmash of buzz words. 
You need to understand that I was staff for 1.5 years, I've had the discussion with players, staff, Ramzi and Ryan about getting staff to help with tickets. Those discussions have helped me understand everyone's point of view and when it is boiled down to the core reality, regardless of track record and dedication to the server, the general staff have nothing to lose when it comes to the server and that is a risk factor. 

3 minutes ago, Rasta said:

To be fair you're creating an argument that a new staff position, made specifically for Kong, should be 'felt out'? Before he's given responsibilities? The man is the current longest tenured staff member and in fact. This 'admin' thing is legit giving him a trial run with a new crown. If you stand be your argument, then we need to dump the supermod position. Otherwise your argument is paradoxical.

Other than Ramzi and Ryan, I probably understand the role Kong plays as administrator more than anyone. For years I argued that we need to appoint an admin+ ranked staff member to act as an 'active' admin+ level staff member because Ryan, Ramzi and Nate aren't all that active in the community and that drove a wedge between the Co-owners and the community. I even said that we should just promote someone and give them no extra commands or responsibilities. I can't state it as fact, but I'm pretty sure this is what we are seeing.

However there are also other factors we can consider. 

Server support was never seen as a trail rank, meaning that you'd see a new season before you saw a new staff member. This system was horrid as staff were leaving the team faster than we were letting them in. So now it would seem that we have opened up the team a little bit as we have seen a rush of new server supports added, not the mention the speed at which Castle, Klein and James went from Server support to Moderator and Ralph went straight to moderator. This indicates a shift that server support is now a trial.
That means that logically the current structure moves up one. I.E 'Team Leader' moves from super moderator to Admin. 

It's likely that due to his new position, Kong will form a more professional relationship with Ramzi and in time we will likely see Kong being allowed to help with tickets and what not. 
But a post like this isn't going to speed that up or change it in anyway. 

• Like 1