Sign in to follow this  
Foached

Wyvern shield bug

Just posting a glitch found in game that the wyvern shield anti fire ability doesn't work against Olm's venom fire in the raids like a dfs or lava pendant would. Hoping it'll be fixed soon so someone else doesn't make it to the end and get 99'ed like me cheers.

If it works that way in normal rs i feel like it should be the same for runex, they most likely just forgot to code in the shielding properties to Olms unique venom fire for the ancient shield

if i remember correctly it's been this way for a long time and it's 100% intentional, therefor its not a bug just how the game is, don't expect it to get changed.

5 hours ago, Foached said:

If it works that way in normal rs i feel like it should be the same for runex, they most likely just forgot to code in the shielding properties to Olms unique venom fire for the ancient shield

'' this isnt osrs '' is normally what people respond to stuff like this. Doubt it will get changed. 

This was supposed to be fixed, and was stated in previous patch notes. If you need me to find the topic that the update was on, I'll gladly find it. 

This needs to be fixed, it's a fire protection shield.

2 hours ago, touched said:

This was supposed to be fixed, and was stated in previous patch notes. If you need me to find the topic that the update was on, I'll gladly find it. 

This needs to be fixed, it's a fire protection shield.

ah i remembered it being talked about a while back so i assumed it would have been fixed had it not been intentional

I remember it was supposed to be fixed as well, I will mention this to Ryan. Thank you for the report :)

On 5/14/2019 at 10:41 PM, Castleman said:

I remember it was supposed to be fixed as well, I will mention this to Ryan. Thank you for the report :)

Thanks for the support hopefully it gets fixed soon!

On 5/14/2019 at 6:11 PM, Castleman said:

I also believe that it's the same issue with frost wyvern, so pass this also please. :)

Just to update this :

Elemental shield, doesn't block fire damage.

DFS, doesn't block fire damage.

Lava pend, doesn't block fire damage.

YOU HAVE, to mage pray, or be hit constant 45s+.

The drop table on it is broken, it drops archers ring, gold upwards of 1m+ a time, occasionally.

But also drops the actual gold, sometimes?

Edited by stampede

Lava Pendent 100% does as if you don’t have it at olm you will get hit for 99+. Dfs I used early in my raiding times and it does work at olm, it’s not meant to complete ignore all the damage at olm but reduce it. Ancient Wyvern shield I can’t say it doesn’t cause I personally haven’t used it but I’ve heard people say it doesn’t. 

Elemental shield is only for any of the type of wyverns no other dragons