oops

Improved Drops at bosses

Currently I have been doing a lot of bossing and found that the drops are garbage, for instance I was killing corp on my ironman and got a drop of 4 guams and 4 irits... this is completely demotivating. what I'm suggesting is bring in the normal drop tables from osrs on the bosses for example on corp. I would buff some of the numbered drops such as "1-6 sapphires" and make it 10-60 or whatever but I believe this will help people want to boss more and make it more beneficial for people to actually pvm. This is a issue I see with a lot of ironmen not wanting to keep bossing its very demotivating for a ironman to kill GWDS/Corp/Zulrah/Chaos ele/KBD and basiclty all bosses due to reciving the very rewarding

Another reason why the drops could be garbage is due to it being from same source as spawn pk and on a spawn server theres no reason to camp bosses for drops.

@Ryan @Nate @Roger @Clair @allymcd

Spoiler

2lu3vhl.png

2aahnr4.png

x3brc1.png

2m4d7w8.png

Edited by oops
  • Like 2

Bumping this due to updating it for more info and providing pictures.

I would like to back this up... It seems like you get either a really, really good drop, or something so bad that it makes you never want to kill that boss again...

I will also agree there are some solid points made, as bossing in it's current state feels lack luster. I haven't done hundreds of kc on any single boss at this point in time, in fact, I probably only have 200 or so boss kills in total right now. But all of those kills, there weren't any drops that were significant. The drops are just non-existent for some bosses, like Kalphite Queen only dropping me potato cacti. Something small to increase drop variety would be a noted drop of 5-15 mid-high level herbs. It would be a great way for Iron Men to get enough herbs for the "Efficiency Expert III" achievement. 

Bossing does feel very unrewarding as the good drops are far apart with nothing but trash loot between them.

Never really taken much notice because I'm always just going for the notable drops, but thinking about it, I agree.

corp non-rares are trash, a couple of herbs at a time, normally low level. 

Not really noticed at other bosses, but apart from zulrah, I don't think any of them have any decent non-rare loots on their table.

I'd support a buff.

• Like 1

I like the way I wasn't included but I do think they need a buff to give more reasons to pm , especially as no one is really going after completing odium's.

-Samuel

1 hour ago, Samuel said:

I like the way I wasn't included but I do think they need a buff to give more reasons to pm , especially as no one is really going after completing odium's.

-Samuel

I  knew I forgot someone xD

I believe that bosses non rare tables should be reworked also. 

I support this. 

Heavy support, even updates for slayer tables would be beneficial to the economy. Wyverns drop just bones 75% of the time, maybe add a little more to each slayer monsters table to make slayer a little more rewarding. Also agree 100% with boss tables being reworked, as most drops aren't good at all.

• Like 1

Completely support.

I think that if you're close to maxing a lot of the drops at the bosses are 100% useless to you, and it makes it kind of like what's the point