Ryan

[Official] Summer event suggestions

Hello, everyone!

We plan to make this year's Summer Event a special one, but before implementation we'd love to hear your guys's feedback on the things you'd like to see added. The event will consist of "cycled activities" after your overwhelming feedback on our official Discord

qRVYu0u.png

This event will also include a world event boss much like the previous holiday events, themed with the summer holiday.

For more information on how these cycled activities work, check out our last implementation of this event at: 

Topics of interest:

• What kind of changes for the activities would you like to see? (New additions, replacements, etc.)
  • What kind of rewards would you like to see in this year's event chest? The more specific, the better!

We're excited to hear what you guys have to say!

Sincerely,
The Runex Staff Team

i'd like a hybrid of summer + easter, where we get rotational hourly or every 2 hour events, but also have a room like chocowyrm lair to also gain tokens when it cycles to a very disliked hour of the event.

• Like 6

Events i'd like to see stay: God Wars/Raids(2hours)/Crystal Keys/Bosses/Dragons

Events i'd like to see removed/time reduced: Lava Keys/Grand Crests/Gem Mining

Edited by Basil
  • Like 1

Events I'd like to see in summer.

-Raids

-Skilling (woodcutting, agility, runecrafting, ect) All in one. Instead of making Woodcutting one, and Mining gems another. This way players can focus on skills they've don't like while gaining something.

-Crystal keys

-Boss slayer

-Miningames (Nardah, Mage arena, Fight caves/Inferno)

-GWD

-Dragons

-New global boss (Summer dragon)

-Barrows

-Zulrah, Hydra, Sire

Things I don't want to really see. 

-Lava keys (Maybe make it a half hour) Lots of dead time

-Grand crests (unless time is shorter, Way to much dead time)

-Regular slayer. Unless we make specific changes on how many Summer gems per task, So if someone does like a harder task you'd be rewarded with more gems. So Example--- People who kill Abyssal demons(Barraging this task tasks 3 minutes) vs people who have to kill kurasks(tasks takes like 10 minutes). 

Edited by touched
Was told it was an overall event change.
  • Like 1

Also +1 for having a room similar to choccy wyrms, crabs, and Ice wyverns. It's nice to skip certain events that most don't enjoy.

Something not suggested much but maybe allow each variant of task scrolls to give some summer tokens or gems when completed not as a rotational activity but a bonus and reward dependant on difficulty

• Like 3

Firstly, Thank you for coming to the community for feedback.

These were the last events, so I'll leave some feedback for them.

• Gem mining      Terrible, everyone fought over like 10 rocks and it was god awful currency.   Remove this      
  • Impling hunting      Pretty good
  • Magic tree cutting     Pretty good
  • Zulrah      Good
  • Crystal chests     Good
  • Lava chests     Good
  • Nardah sarcophaguses    Good
  • Battle mages     Good
  • Raids (both Xeric and ToB)    Good
  • God wars dungeon    Good
  • Grand crests     good
  • Slayer tasks     Unbalanced for harder tasks
  • Dragons     good

I like Paws's Idea of keeping a room of event NPCs to kill similar to this recent event for those who don't want to do a certain cycled event and to keep the event open for all players from level 3 and up. 

I'd also like to see more skilling events, but make them more broad, like chinchompa hunting, which awards currency for all types of chinchompas, more currency for harder ones. Even things like herb farming, where collected torstol herbs gives more currency than guams etc. Stuff like this, especially if you are forced to consume resources would be great for the economy, even if it's just temporary.

I would also like to see the coins, or some of the coins from daily activities replaced with the event currency. Especially voting, I bet my rares collection that if you change it so that players would get enough tokens for a roll just by voting you will see a dramatic change in votes for the life of the event, it would be dumb not to make that change, imo.  

1 hour ago, Vise said:

Something not suggested much but maybe allow each variant of task scrolls to give some summer tokens or gems when completed not as a rotational activity but a bonus and reward dependant on difficulty

Yes please

3 hours ago, touched said:

-Barrows

-Zulrah, Hydra, Sire

Yesssss

• Like 1

I like Magic trees, implings, dragons, gwd, zulrah. Would like to see prize boxes, slayer tasks receiving gems per kill rather than on task finish, as well as scaled per difficulty (so its actually worth to do boss tasks during that time, instead of just spamming easys cuz its aids), what Vise said about the task scrolls, what Dragon Paws said about the chocowyrm lair

• Like 2

I don't know about possible events but personally I'd like to see an event that alleviates any pay-to-win aspect; Meaning only the rewards and NOT tokens/currency of next event should be able to be traded.