James

Community event - Crack the Clue (TBA)

What do you think?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think we should make it more difficult depending on how much the end prize will be?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not bothered
  2. 2. Would you like us to make people to enter for a set price, and the person that completes the event first wins the whole pot?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not bothered
    • Depends on the fee to enter
  3. 3. Would you be interested in this event?

• Yes
    • No

Hello RuneX!

We would like get everybody's thoughts towards hosting a community event, Crack the Clue.

Yes, this will be like the one on OSRS, but instead of just collecting the armour pieces, the first person to complete this series of clues/puzzles/anagrams, will be given a prize.

We want to know you're thoughts towards how you'd like us to host this, or if you'd like us to get on with it and let you guys know when it's going to start.
Ryan and Ramzi are both up for this idea, so we'd just like to hear your ideas towards this event to see what you'd like implemented.

I'll be putting a poll on this post to see if you'd like to vote on whether you are interested in the event, or vote on what myself and Kong are thinking of at the current moment.

Me and Kong believe it could be a great way to get the community to work together, with a little bit of friendly competition.
If you feel that you could contribute ideas towards our plans, we'd highly appreciate them.

Looking forward to seeing your feedback on this.

Thanks everyone

~James and @Kong

• Like 2

I'd be interested in the event as long as ironmen can participate. This means that I don't support the idea of a fee, as a large cash prize wouldn't be useful for ironmen. Having a reward like some bonds or a unique cosmetic would benefit ironmen and regular players. I am also opposed to a fee because a server-wide event with a very worthwhile reward would entice more players, which would benefit the server. Having a fee to enter would discourage newer or less rich players from participating, which would make the event much less community-engaging and less fun.

As far as rewards go, adding a custom cosmetic reward would bring a LOT more hype and community engagement around the event. Bonds are also very enticing. People would be much less interested in engaging in an event if the reward was just some donor chests or other rewards that you can get from seasonal events. 

Think about it this way: Which would you rather participate in? 

An event that rewards you with 3 donor chests and some cash

or

An event that rewards you with a 1-ingame custom item and a bunch of free bonds?

I'm a little sceptical with this event. 

The last 'official' crack the clue event which was hosted by the staff team [not Admins] was a complete failure. The clues were hard to the point where only 2-3 players were actively competing and those few players were so good at completing the clues that the staff could not come up with clues faster enough and the event was a complete failure where no-one won anything. 

If RuneX is to have a real crack the clue, I don't think any non developers can do it justice. I was an actual event like OSRS. Because if it is made like OSRS we might see the community come together to try and decipher the clues, where if it is anything like the last event, we will just have small pockets of players who work together while leaving the community at large behind. 

I'd have to hear more about the clues to pass further judgement. 

5 hours ago, Iron Logic said:

I'm a little sceptical with this event. 

The last 'official' crack the clue event which was hosted by the staff team [not Admins] was a complete failure. The clues were hard to the point where only 2-3 players were actively competing and those few players were so good at completing the clues that the staff could not come up with clues faster enough and the event was a complete failure where no-one won anything. 

If RuneX is to have a real crack the clue, I don't think any non developers can do it justice. I was an actual event like OSRS. Because if it is made like OSRS we might see the community come together to try and decipher the clues, where if it is anything like the last event, we will just have small pockets of players who work together while leaving the community at large behind. 

I'd have to hear more about the clues to pass further judgement. 

Can 100% agree with this for logical as I Was one of those players who was getting too far ahead, was me & one more can't remember who maybe Vintage. They had no clues to give as I was too far ahead of the time. Can't remember if I got the prize or not but oh well. 

Edited by Vise

I love how the previous hosters whom this idea was most probably taken off of, are not mentioned at all.  That's nice.

Thanks for the feedback so far, @Lava, I love the idea personally of getting a custom for the player that completes the event first, I think it would spur a lot of people on to show off that they've got the only one of those items in-game, it would be a decent idea. (I'll run this past Ryan and Ramzi to see their thoughts)

We'd also like to add, that we're thinking of making it a team thing? so teams of 3/4 of you can work together to try and crack the clue. (You would all get in on the prize or split it between you.)

@Iron Logic, I understand you being sceptical about this event after reading what you've said, we're hoping to work along side Ryan and Nate to get our idea put into reality, if you have any ideas that you think would be a good addition, you are more than welcome to send them to me in a PM. (This goes for anybody wanting to make this event an event worth doing!)

We don't want this to be an event that's going to be dry and boring for people, we want to make it into an experience that everyone can enjoy.

And @Roger, Honestly I'd like to apologise to you for not mentioning you and the other members that hosted the first Crack the Clue event. I only found out there was another one before this one, due to Iron Logic letting me know above.

15 hours ago, James said:

Thanks for the feedback so far, @Lava, I love the idea personally of getting a custom for the player that completes the event first, I think it would spur a lot of people on to show off that they've got the only one of those items in-game, it would be a decent idea. (I'll run this past Ryan and Ramzi to see their thoughts)

We'd also like to add, that we're thinking of making it a team thing? so teams of 3/4 of you can work together to try and crack the clue. (You would all get in on the prize or split it between you.)

@Iron Logic, I understand you being sceptical about this event after reading what you've said, we're hoping to work along side Ryan and Nate to get our idea put into reality, if you have any ideas that you think would be a good addition, you are more than welcome to send them to me in a PM. (This goes for anybody wanting to make this event an event worth doing!)

We don't want this to be an event that's going to be dry and boring for people, we want to make it into an experience that everyone can enjoy.

And @Roger, Honestly I'd like to apologise to you for not mentioning you and the other members that hosted the first Crack the Clue event. I only found out there was another one before this one, due to Iron Logic letting me know above.

No need to apologise, you didn't know, but still thank you for doing it. Respect. 

Also the team Idea... I like it, but not sure how it would work out in the end, could be messy with receving rewards.
Othen than that, can't wait for the ctc.

Love the ideas ~ I spent months on the OSRS Crack the Clue reddit trying to figure it out.. Hope this is equally as fun and time consuming!

Good Luck to all participating

7 minutes ago, Wayne said:

Love the ideas ~ I spent months on the OSRS Crack the Clue reddit trying to figure it out.. Hope this is equally as fun and time consuming!

Good Luck to all participating

This is what we're hoping for, we're hoping that we can make it difficult enough and get everyone working together(Or not...) to figure out how to Crack the Clue.

• Like 1