Iron Logic

End Game

Hey everyone,

I wanted to start a discussion to get everyones thoughts on RuneXs 'endgame' content.

Personally, while I believe things like the rune coin machine, enchantment chest and wisdom trader are great ways to sink items out of the game, I feel that we rely too heavily on these things and it becomes a monotonous grind that makes RuneX quickly become stale and boring. 

Let's look at an example, the infernal tentacle, a very high end melee weapon.
How to obtain: Enchantment Chest.
Recipe: Whip, Frozen Whip, Lava Whip, Kraken Tentacle, Infernal Cape, Infernal Elixir, Infernal Heart, Imbuing stone.
Chance: 80%
Grind time: 100 abyssal demons for whip, 465 frost dragons for frozen whip, 512 lava dragons for lava whip, 300 kraken for kraken tentacle, 1 inferno run for infernal cape, 1 Fightcaves run and dragon defender for infernal elixir [IF you have it unlocked], else gl at ToB I guess, 5000 runecoin and access to the mage of wisdom shop when it is available for the infernal heart, 500 demonic gorillas and 5000 runecoins for the imbuing stone. 

Obviously there are a variety of different ways to obtain some of these items, but these are the reliable ones if you are actually trying to grind out this enchant. 
This is a decent exchange item because it gets players to do a lot of different things that most people would avoid, such as frost and lava dragons.
But imagine after all those days of grinding, you fail the enchantment. 
You are not anywhere closer to your goal than when you began, you have nothing to show for your grinding and best of all, you have 0 motivation to try again because you just wasted days of your life for nothing. 

How about the platinum trader.. you want best in slot weapons such as the cursed twisted bow? Yeah just get 50b GP, pretty much 'go fk yourself ironmen, no BIS for you'.
"You don't have to buy it". It's best in slot, that's the whole reason people are buying it, to upgrade. 

How about god rings.. Grind for hours and hours, probably days or weeks to be fair, getting 2500 rings of wealth, 8 IMBUED rings and 5 ancient shards to get one of the ancient rings. But guess what, it's random, so good luck getting the one you want, have a duplicate instead. 

How about grand crests.. Grind for a couple of hours to get all 3 parts of a crest and open it to find you just wasted you day. Crests are the only way to obtain the sets of boots and gloves required for grand boots and gloves and the grand ring to roll for a grand ring I, all best in slot gear. I've been playing since crests were released, probably opened more than a majority of the player base and I have only obtained 1 grand ring and am still missing 1 of the boots required to make grand boots. Getting a master task bottle doesn't make me want to grind out another crest, it makes me think the chance of getting the 2 items I want are slim to none and not worth my time. 

There is so much more wrong with RuneXs idea of endgame content. It is all just grind out this thing and then gamble away all of your hard work and maybe you'll get something back. This is why we see endgame players just up and leave, because they spend days and days grinding out stuff for everything to be flushed away. May as well just leave and play OSRS at that point because you get something out of all your grinding. Why do we see so little end game ironmen? For the same reason. 

Let me know your thoughts, maybe you see it differently and I'd love to hear why.

Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I simply find endgame boring because after the item grind, it feels like there is nothing left to put time into. No, I don't have the meteorite cape or comp cape yet, but am working on those. After I finish that, I'm not sure what to do other than start playing my iron instead. I'm hardly motivated to even go for a met cape attempt because of how long it takes to chance at a pretty for sure fail. 

If I'm not raiding I'm at gamble avoiding the urge to chuck my cash stack.

Edited by Rasta

I'm not entirely sure I agree, aside from god rings (you should be able to trade like, 3 in for one of your choice). From the perspective of a just-entered-midgame player (i.e. I just got my cata pouch), stuff like the ultra-bis (Grand, infernal tent, platinum weapons) are less "content" and more things to do while waiting for actual content. Like Mythic+ racing in WoW, not just clearing Mythic+. Trophies more than actual equipment.

I completely agree with the end game being way to tedious. 

I personally have Infernal tent, and enchanted heart. 

Lets talk about my run for infernal tent... I killed 600 lava dragons for lava whip, 2600 krakens for tent(most of the server knows about this, purely due to me bitching about going like... idk 9x the fucking drop rate), 160 frost dragons(pure luck). Infernal heart was a joke. I waited several weeks for the perfect mage of wisdom trade(I fucking hate this shop). And imbuing stone.... I got lucky on a superior tbh.

Now it doesn't seem like that long of a grind. But the very minimal increase wasn't very worth the hours I put into it.

I personally hate the mage of wisdom shop for irons. I can't imagine how UIMs plan on getting anything from it. I personally don't think ryan understands what effort it actually takes into getting these items, and what we give up. Runecoins are not buyable besides the P2W method which is over priced. About 1m per runecoin. Or $1 per 100. Ontop of that, we give up so many supplies if not hours to get normally a single item or 2. 

I would like to see this shop balanced for ironmen and uims. Rather then making it this 3/22 chance at the items you need.

I personally hate most of the rates in the enchantment chest. Most of the rates are not even worth trying. 

Let's start with grand max cape. Yes this cape is BIS, but only one has come into the game in how many months? We currently have how many players who have attempted to go for this cape.

The for an average player is "lemme buy enchanted cape, a few heads to grind out champion cape, buy an imbuing stone, and spend 15 minutes getting infernal cape for meteorite cape... and now to attempt the grand max... goes back to inferno to get another infernal cape, spends 250m to upgrade max cape, buys a grand crest and... fails a 25%" 

The average player loses about 5b per attempt. Now remember grand max is like a 8% chance after everything. So on average 11 attempts will be need to get a grand max cape... so 55b?

- Enchanted cape -2b

- Heads for champion cape - 250m?

- imbuing stone -1.5-2b

- Grand crest - 900m-1.3b

- 250m for max cape upgrade

Now for an iron... This is a joke, We either have to get super lucky wasting prize chests for a prize cape, or we need to spend 500m, 2 fire capes and prize chest.

So how long does 500m on an iron take? You take a guess. 2 Fire capes? About an hour. And the prize chest from a daily(2 per day) Now after we grind a Prize cape, we have to go back to get 3 more fire capes(fucking sweet)…. but now we have a 90% chance to get this next upgrade? Cool, watch someone fail.. many hours gone to waste. I don't know why we had this bullshit ninja update(I'm going to blame the 2 people who were grinding the shit out of them to make money).

Now that we've spent a majority of the grind getting 5 fire capes, 500m, and a prize chest. We can make our first attempt at meteorite cape.. now we have to go grind heads from monsters... so we are looking at maybe 5-10 hours for just the heads if you are lucky. I've gone many dry myself.

We also now have to grind for either a imbuing stone drop from supriors or a zenyte and 5k runecoins.

Okay, honestly screw this grind. I'm already over it and I haven't even personally started it. I'm not even going to finish typing it out.

Onto the next topic... Raids and upgraded raid gear.

The raids on here are bullshit. Raids on osrs take around 25-35 minutes on solo. You normally have around 5% chance to receive a item… so in 100 raids, you should see at least 5 rewards.

I've personally seen 2 chest loots on my main(280 kc), and 1 on my iron(which I feel robbed, it was a olm)(65)

I've personally seen 2 tbows come into game. 2 Kodais, 1 elder maul, several draconic pieces and a few other misc items.

After all said in done, he wants the hardest gear to obtain to be impossible to upgrade for ironmen. BALANCED like the green god ring.

I'll be honest, END GAME for ironmen is dead. 

I have a lot more to say about end game. But it's honestly pointless. Nothing will change for those who play the game. It's a gamblers server/boxscape.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, touched said:

Lets talk about my run for infernal tent... I killed 600 lava dragons for lava whip, 2600 krakens for tent(most of the server knows about this, purely due to me bitching about going like... idk 9x the fucking drop rate), 160 frost dragons(pure luck). Infernal heart was a joke. I waited several weeks for the perfect mage of wisdom trade(I fucking hate this shop). And imbuing stone.... I got lucky on a superior tbh.

Now it doesn't seem like that long of a grind. But the very minimal increase wasn't very worth the hours I put into it.

I personally hate the mage of wisdom shop for irons. I can't imagine how UIMs plan on getting anything from it. I personally don't think ryan understands what effort it actually takes into getting these items, and what we give up. Runecoins are not buyable besides the P2W method which is over priced. About 1m per runecoin. Or $1 per 100. Ontop of that, we give up so many supplies if not hours to get normally a single item or 2. 

I would like to see this shop balanced for ironmen and uims. Rather then making it this 3/22 chance at the items you need.

I personally hate most of the rates in the enchantment chest. Most of the rates are not even worth trying. 

Let's start with grand max cape. Yes this cape is BIS, but only one has come into the game in how many months? We currently have how many players who have attempted to go for this cape.

The for an average player is "lemme buy enchanted cape, a few heads to grind out champion cape, buy an imbuing stone, and spend 15 minutes getting infernal cape for meteorite cape... and now to attempt the grand max... goes back to inferno to get another infernal cape, spends 250m to upgrade max cape, buys a grand crest and... fails a 25%" 

The average player loses about 5b per attempt. Now remember grand max is like a 8% chance after everything. So on average 11 attempts will be need to get a grand max cape... so 55b?

- Enchanted cape -2b

- imbuing stone -1.5-2b

Now for an iron... This is a joke, We either have to get super lucky wasting prize chests for a prize cape, or we need to spend 500m, 2 fire capes and prize chest.

So how long does 500m on an iron take? You take a guess. 2 Fire capes? About an hour. And the prize chest from a daily(2 per day) Now after we grind a Prize cape, we have to go back to get 3 more fire capes(fucking sweet)…. but now we have a 90% chance to get this next upgrade? Cool, watch someone fail.. many hours gone to waste. I don't know why we had this bullshit ninja update(I'm going to blame the 2 people who were grinding the shit out of them to make money).

Now that we've spent a majority of the grind getting 5 fire capes, 500m, and a prize chest. We can make our first attempt at meteorite cape.. now we have to go grind heads from monsters... so we are looking at maybe 5-10 hours for just the heads if you are lucky. I've gone many dry myself.

We also now have to grind for either a imbuing stone drop from supriors or a zenyte and 5k runecoins.

Okay, honestly screw this grind. I'm already over it and I haven't even personally started it. I'm not even going to finish typing it out.

The raids on here are bullshit. Raids on osrs take around 25-35 minutes on solo. You normally have around 5% chance to receive a item… so in 100 raids, you should see at least 5 rewards.

I've personally seen 2 chest loots on my main(280 kc), and 1 on my iron(which I feel robbed, it was a olm)(65)

I've personally seen 2 tbows come into game. 2 Kodais, 1 elder maul, several draconic pieces and a few other misc items.

After all said in done, he wants the hardest gear to obtain to be impossible to upgrade for ironmen. BALANCED like the green god ring.

I have a lot more to say about end game. But it's honestly pointless. Nothing will change for those who play the game. It's a gamblers server/boxscape.

T H I S.

After maxing my prime iron I lost interest in this game. I dont have all the bis items by far tho.

The grind for max and achievements were enjoyable, but after that there is not much left go for. We got some new items in shops with high reqs for ironman. Its not even worth spending my time getting items and gambeling them for a 25% chance.

I would like to see these shops changed and give irons something to grind for thats worth it and not incrediblely rare.

This server has potential, I keep comming back time after time. We just need some good updates and less p2w things in game.

Anyway, hope to see some changes soon!

Nuke a lost prime ironman and the personal dentist of the great olm.

(Spelling and grammar mistakes, im aware of them)

Cheers

I'm definitely not end-game, but I'd say I'm on the higher side of mid-level game. I agree on the enchantment chest; I never use it. I'm not much of a gambler and that chest is an easy way to piss tons of money down the drain if you have awful rng.

55a339fa5f5a03c880898a853b1ddadb.pnge9777b4b92864c12a0e051698de3515d.png

*So lets talk about my upgrades. I consider myself someone that has entered late game ironman. The upgrades I'm currently working towards, or atleast think I'm working towards are Grand Boots(good luck, right?) I currently have all 3 of the prior upgrades. But because I need a ancient relic. I'd have to either grind raids hoping to god I get a ancient relic. Or I can move over to ancient titans.. And grind ancient shards in hopes of sacrificing them for a sacred token. I personally dropped the 9 tokens I had due to the time it takes to get 1... I'd need 35 in total. So another 26? 

*Now from what I've been told, to upgrade a ancient shard into a sacred token is 1/25. And the base drop rate of a ancient shard is 1/28. So on average it's 1/700 per sacred token. With ancient titans also having a 1/800 drop rate. So lets consider a sacred token once per 400 kills. Now we have around 14,000 kills required for this one minimal upgrade. Why minimal? Well.. molten boots are a thing, but only a 1/1000 drop rate, but when we kill them.. we have a 1/333 chance at a drop due to killing 3 at once. And vanguards are fairly quick to kill. I personally have my molten boots(thank god). Why waste my time killing another 13,000 monsters for a +1 str bonus and +10 stab and slash and -5 magic? 

^Waste of time to upgrade the boots IMO

*Now for my magic upgrade. I've gotten 2 ancestral pieces, both being the legs. One from vasa and the other from a grand crest.

But now.. I need to upgrade the top from my cursed robes to either nardah, ancestral or blood shaman(but oh wait, it's a limited event item that was camped by a clan that refused to let a majority of the community partake in). So what do I work towards? Nardah would be a waste, I gain -2 magic, and +1.5% damage. At the point I'm at, I really don't need anymore magic damage. I'm almost positive I've hit the cap. So Ancestral it is. So lets either go grind out 750 vasa kills for a 1/3 chance at the top. I'd gain +11 magic and +4% damage. I can honestly agree with vasa's grind. It seems fair for that huge of an increase. 

^Not a waste of time

*My Master wand. What do I upgrade this with? Cata/elemental wand? Nardah wand? Kodai/3rd age wand? SOL?

Half of these are not even a solid option. I think cata and elemental wand would be pointless, I'd just have to upgrade them again in the future with little to no increase. Nardah? Okay, it's not the worst and would be a huge increase from where I'm standing. kOdAi/3rD aGe WaNd? Do these event exist? One comes from a drop rate that has yet to be released to the public, and the other... well the only 1 that was in game was currently banned out. Yes, there are kodai wands ingame. But it'd be better off grinding raids on osrs in hopes of getting one.. Neither of these are a viable upgrade source.

^Waste of time besides Nardah wand I guess?

Staff of light? Nah fam, you aren't getting my god rings, divines, molten pieces, kharazi weapons, Torso (e)'s or blowpipes. This shop is a joke with half the trades. The current last trade is (ring of balance, ring of darkness, kharazi dagger), Ohk, BUT "YOU CAN DO THE FIRST 4 TRADES". Sure let's give up 2 sacred tokens... If you don't remember the first part of my speech, you should probably refer to my grand boots grind, That adds another 1,400 kills back to ancient titans. Sure these trades aren't always cancer.. but then the shop items are. We have a 3/22 chance that we get the items we need in that shop. Staff of light is out of the question with all these new trades. 

^Mage of wisdom is a joke, automatically makes Staff of light a waste of time.

*My range gear. Currently I have both arma and lava dragonhide.

The only increase here is either getting a Ring of law or getting morrigans. But wait, Isn't morrigans in the cursed caverns that gets auto tele'd to by Happythots? Not to mention... we have to get a bracelet or necklace to prevent the set from breaking. But if not mistaken the bracelet and necklace break on death? I personally don't mind that we have pker's on here. But I hate that the only time we have them.. is over announcements. Now ontop of the pker's we also have to get enough blood money to buy these keys. These keys are expensive as fuck. 

^I'm not going to say getting morrigans is a waste of time, But hoping to get the bracelet and make it out alive is.

Over all. There are tons of upgrades, These are just the few I'd like to see myself get before the rest of my grind begins. 

I'm personally grinding out zulrah for a blowpie. I have a 3x luck pet, both slayer emblems and row(I). The blowpipe is a 1/300. Which makes me nervous. What if I got as dry as I did on my kraken tent? 2600. With zulrah taking around 2 minutes per kill, I'd be wasting around 80-90 hours purely killing zulrah.

Don't get me wrong, I'm down for a grind. But... that's a little much. I don't gain anything for it. I could do this on osrs with friends. I choose to play runex due to the unique content. The faster rates. No quests to reach the bossing phase of the game. The tedious grind of training 10 hours a day to gain a few levels.

I'll be honest, It's gotten super lack luster. What's next? Grind 1k xerics without a real drop? Do my dailies till I can afford to upgrade justicar, and the cursed xerics items? Wait for events in hopes of pulling a raid box from the mystery tickets?

I just hope some day Ryan will take into consideration what late game Ironmen is like and why most have ended up quitting. 

The only end game ironmen that I know of all have sponsor and have bought several promo packages. I personally don't have a problem with this. I'm just stating that they've had a lot of help achieving that endgame career. I've personally p2w, I'm currently at $1105 with one package. $605 were either bought in $10-$100 bonds. The other $500, I decided to splurge on myself. What'd I get? Nothing towards upgrades. And I was okay with that, I was going for legendary status. 

All in all, I'm just saying the only ironmen who've stuck with it, are those who put a large amount of either bonds or their own money into it. I personally don't know anyone that is considered endgame with less then $1000 total in donations.

I just maxed, on a normal account, besides the point, Anyways I never use the chest, I have looked at it and figured it would not be something I would be trying to do because I don't have the money nor a week to grind for most of the items needed for it to fail in the end. I feel maybe some more content or different ways to get them besides the chest would be a good improvement 

On 3/21/2019 at 2:55 AM, touched said:

- Enchanted cape -2b

- imbuing stone -1.5-2b

Couldn't agree more, looks like the main thought is put into how to push out more items to the donator store and make people want to buy more bonds lol.

• Like 1