Ryan

[January 31st, 2019] Epic pets, and TONS of QoLs and fixes!

Next update ETA
February 17th, 2019

EFpxEAk.png

Content updates:

• NEW Epic pets
    • Epic pets are a new type of high rarity pet where you can freely switch them between upgradeable/tradeable!
      • These pets grant you a fourth accessory slot and a built-in "passive" effect
    • They are solely from Epic pet mystery boxes, which can be obtained from:
      • Chambers of Xeric
      • Theatre of Blood
      • Enormous mole
      • Master task scrolls
      • Donator ticket shop
      • Grand promo packages
    • Epic pet mystery boxes give high tier accessories, and have a common chance to give epic pets
    • The following Epic pets have been added upon release:
      • Shadow phoenix
        • Provides an infinite soul rune source
        • Increases accuracy of shadow spells by +15%
        • Increases damage of shadow spells by +10%
      • Blood phoenix
        • Provides an infinite blood rune source
        • Increases accuracy of blood spells by +15%
        • Increases damage of blood spells by +10%
      • Hydro phoenix
        • Provides an infinite water rune source
        • Increases accuracy of ice spells by +15%
        • Increases damage of ice spells by +10%
      • Cursed wraith
        • Increases prayer effects by +5% (stacks with amulet of zealots)
      • Angelic swift-eagle
        • Infinite run energy and +15% range accuracy
      • Galvek pet
        • Galvek has a chance to shoot dragonfire at your target
      • Wolperbeast pet
        • Grants +15% magic accuracy
      • Penumbric demon
        • Drain enemy stats by 5% of damage dealt
          • Hits have a 50% chance to inflict this vs. monsters
          • Hits have a 20% chance to inflict this vs. players
      • Demonic tarn (Rare)
        • Increases the effects of smite and soulsplit prayers by +10%
        • This includes both the prayer drain, and the healing effect of soulsplit
          • Raises the cap of soulsplit's healing by +5
      • Death pet (Rare)
        • Protect on extra item on death (does not count when red skulled)
      • Treasure fairy pet (Rare)
        • Boosts rates for all "treasure" reward tables, this includes:
          • Barrows chests, raids chests, lava chests, crystal chests, and task scrolls
      • Gravitonic Bork (Very rare!)
        • Deal +10% more damage against monsters
    • The following existing  pets have now been classified as epic pets:
      • Mini-me pet
        • Has a 20% chance to defend you from a killing blow from monsters
      • Doppelganger pet
        • Eliminates cooldowns for stat boosting hearts (imbued heart, twisted heart, etc.)
        • Includes the mini-me "savior" effect
  • Pet system
    • When equipping legendary/epic pets, you will now be given a pet management interface on your summoning tab
    • The tab will return to summoning familiar details once you summon a familiar
  • Oldschool 07 ticks
    • The "Oldschool 07 ticks" setting now results in all actions being under the 600ms tick
    • This should result in noticeable improvements for "queuing" your actions
      • Item switching has also been improved as a result of this feature!
  • Items kept on death
    • The "items kept on death" menu will now have a section designated for autokeep/untradeable items
  • Currency pouch
    • Added vote tickets to the currency pouch
    • Added summoning charms to the currency pouch
  • Impling tracking
    • You can now view your total impling catches on the monster drop table interface!
    • Unfortunately our systems were not tracking catches by type prior to this update, so they will be starting at zero
  • Monster drop tables
    • You can now right-click "Examine" monsters to quickly view their drop table
  • Banking (quick un-noting)
    • Ultimate iron men will no longer receive the confirmation dialogue for un-noting items at a bank booth
  • Barbarian training
    • The barbarian training master will now give you a barbarian rod if it is missing from your account (and you have the skill unlocked)
  • Anti-poisons
    • Added a poison immunity timer to anti-poison potions
    • Immunity duration is respective to the potion's tier
  • Revenant cave
    • Lava giants and revenants are no longer aggressive, unless you're wearing a charged Ethereum bracelet
  • Looting bags
    • You will no longer lose looting bag items on death if your looting bag is in the Kharazi coffer
  • Rune essence pouches
    • You can now drop your rune ess pouch if it is empty
  • Magic notepaper
    • Price has been reduced to 500 runex points in the RX point store
    • Added to Teclyn's Exchange for 15 rune coins and 2,500,000 cash for 25x paper
  • Cursed shards
    • Added king lava dragon teleports for 10 shards each
    • Added new "Hunter's honour hat" for 100 shards
      • Untradeable hat with good equipment bonuses
      • Automatically picks up blood money from monster kills
  • Lava d'hide equipment
    • Added new Lava d'hide vambraces to KLD's drops
    • Added new Lava d'hide coif to KLD's drops
    • All Lava d'hide pieces have been given +1 ranged strength
  • Dwarf multi-cannons
    • You can no longer set up dwarf multi-cannons at rock crabs
  • Winter theme
    • January has come to an end, and the default winter world has been disabled
    • You can type ::snow to re-apply the ground decorations if you wish!

Bug fixes:

• Looting bags auto-looting looting bag drops (bagception)
  • Black and red chinchompa not having range level requirements
  • 200M experience milestones not broadcasting on the site or side panel
  • Monsters aggroing you while you already have an opponent
  • Experience tokens consuming for 200M experience skills
  • Shayzien armor's functionality with Olm and K'ril
  • Full overlay's hit predictor lagging with the experience drops when using fast weapons
  • Receiving duplicate skilling equipment items when they're stored in your PoH costume room
  • Enchanted robe equipment bonuses (compared to Ahrim's, for example)
  • Melee monsters attacking from more than a square away
  • Melee combat being performed diagonally
  • Crystal ring (i) magic damage bonus
  • Dragonfire shield in the costume room
  • Amulet of glory (t) in the costume room
  • Dragonfire ward's protection against dragonfire
  • Restore potions not working
  • Epic lava keys on the lava chest
  • Ankou attack and death animations
  • Corrupted brace (i) protection value
  • Butterfly net store buy/sell price being disproportionate
  • Mystic token being in the costume room chest (instead of a lumberjack top)

5 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Butterfly net store buy/sell price being disproportionate

He actually don' did it oml.

So to clarify before venturing into the wilderness. My looting bag which is stored in the kharazi coffer, will not empty and I will not lose items stored? @Ryan

Also thank you for fixing glory t and dragonfire shield in poh :)

• Like 1

Some pretty interesting updates.

Interesting to see how the epic pets go, seems like it could be P2W on the surface, hope I am wrong. 

Nice work.

1 minute ago, UIM Btw said:

So to clarify before venturing into the wilderness. My looting bag which is stored in the kharazi coffer, will not empty and I will not lose items stored? @Ryan

Also thank you for fixing glory t and dragonfire shield in poh :)

Correct, your looting bag items will be safe as long as the bag is not in your inventory.

But as always, I recommend you give the "Items kept on death" menu a quick check before venturing in the wilderness!

• Like 3

Actually not liking this update at all. To wait a week over the promised eta for some epic pets is just hilarious. Doesn't even have the promised comp cape buff that was supposed to be added 3 updates ago, it's just pets, yikes. The qol's are nice I guess 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Roger said:

Actually not liking this update at all. To wait a week over the promised eta for some epic pets is just hilarious. Doesn't even have the promised comp cape buff that was supposed to be added 3 updates ago, it's just pets, yikes. The qol's are nice I guess 

I see a few copy paste pets too you might notice.  Just happy to see pvm will not melee me from 5 times away

54 minutes ago, Ryan said:
  • Items kept on death
    • The "items kept on death" menu will now have a section designated for autokeep/untradeable items
  • Currency pouch
    • Added vote tickets to the currency pouch
    • Added summoning charms to the currency pouch

Best part of update for me.

54 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Looting bags auto-looting looting bag drops (bagception)

Does this have any relation to not being able to drop, ::empty looting bags? I picked up a second looting bag to see if I could exchange for runecoins and there is no way for me to get rid of second bag.

54 minutes ago, Logical said:

Some pretty interesting updates.

Interesting to see how the epic pets go, seems like it could be P2W on the surface, hope I am wrong. 

Nice work.

Was not wrong.

1 in 1000 from enormous mole.

Same rarity as Twisted bow and Scythe from raids,

I'm sure it is also one of the rarest master task rewards as well. 

I feel like these were added in here just to say that it isn't p2w since you 'can' get them legit. 

These pets change the end game so incredibly much and if you want one, you either have to randomly stumble upon one as such a rare chance or you fork out money. 

That is fine for mains, since they are tradable you can save up for one. 

But for ironmen, there won't be any 'legit' ones for a long time and when it does happen it will just be one random guy getting one. I want content I can grind for, not content I have to get lucky for. 
[Raids, Emole and master tasks are not 'grinds']

At the very least, ironmen should not be able to get a pet box from a grand promo.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Logical said:

I want content I can grind for, not content I have to get lucky for. 

Agreed.

Also agree that sole content of this update is directed towards endgame players. Would have been nice to see more midgame content announced, especially as UIM was only released last update. Happy to see that at least a number of suggested QOL updates for UIM have been addressed. 

• Like 1

kinda disappointed not even going to lie here, waited so long for epic pets and stuff that ironmen won't even get to for a long time unless very lucky, was hoping for at least hydra since the delay was so long. 

• Like 1

My thoughts.

-I like the pets, some of the abilities could be really useful. Would definitely be interested in trying the range accuracy pet with a max range t bow setup.

-Upsetting that high-end content like this is basically locked away behind a paywall as usual. Been on Runex for 2 years now and there really isn't anything worth grinding for after a certain point, I really think we need to see content like this as realistically achievable grindable content. Like Logical said, 1/1000 from emole is absurd. I think everyone stops killing mole after the 50 kc achievement lol. That, along with the raids drops, will be exceedingly rare, doubt we'll see more than a couple per month enter the game that way. Please reward your loyal players with something fun and rewarding to put our time into :(. 

-I don't really mind waiting a while for a decent update, but an update like this that really doesn't benefit 95% of your player base who can't just drop $75 for a chance at a decent pet, after waiting weeks since last update, is a bit of a kick in the face. 

• Like 2

Also thanks for the bug fixes and qol, but

PLEASE MAKE THE INFORMATION UNDER THE QUEST TAB (THE [INFO] STUFF) SAY THE CORRECT ONE WHEN YOU CLICK THEM

a lot of them say the one below it, for example, if i click on 'Donator rank: Sponsor' it says 'total donated:$xxxx' ingame

ty

6 hours ago, Ryan said:

Items kept on death

Haven't logged in since update to check this, but don't assume this shows repair value for each item when it degrades on death?

This is something that I think would be beneficial as there is no way of knowing the repair cost until you come to repair the item. Could impact what items players decide to take/risk in the wilderness.

Edited by What Bank

Very disappointed in this update, it got delayed and then we get this.. It offers almost nothing to regular player. I understand you gotta make money, but these pets are overpowered and basically p2w. You already have a lot of features how to take money from people and it isn't too bad. But as a ironman and a person who literally plays non donation ironman to stay true to the point of ironman, these updates offer me basically nothing. 

We want content, not just some items you get from boxes. :)

Atleast you fixed some bugs, which i respect. 

I'd like to thank everyone for their feedback!

Most of you with criticism expressed it constructively, which is what we need to create favorable content.

For those of you with concerns, I'd like to assure you that we have big plans for our February updates, none of which will include any "P2W".

You can expect a lot of the content to fulfill the grinding aspect of gameplay like some of you mentioned (rather than RNG).

We've also decided to adjust our ETAs to 2-3 weeks in order to provide more time for producing quality updates. In retrospect we had been a little too ambitious with our deadlines, which ultimately lead to rushed and unpolished work (as well as delays).

Thanks,
Ryan

• Like 3

Not to bad, feel like some of the pet fetures could be very OP but I guess we will see how it goes. Lookin forward to the February update for sure.