Iron Logic

Why did Logical get demoted?

My Aussie boi, been good friends with you before you even became mod. Sad to something like this had to happen, will miss you ;-;

keep in touch Forumy boi<3

Since my first comment was deleted for whothefuckknows reason, I'll post it again but explain

The only thing I got from this post is that you are a selfish prick who coulda been a good staff if you would stop only thinking about yourself. You claim you cared about people but seriously you were only doing stuff that could get you a higher rank. "I was told supermods do this stuff so I did it" or the fact that you claimed you should be community manager(which I would agree on if you got it naturally instead of "flaming" the current CM and claiming that you should be it). Seriously I read the whole post and most of it is just "me me me me".

From what I experienced in-game, Ralph 100% deserved the promotion over anyone(except maybe Raw tho he had times when he was inactive). The only time I remember you being a staff in-game was the autoclicker incident and one time when I had to spam your alt to get you notice someone being racist in help chat.

Might edit this later more, gotta go out now

From reading the main post and being on the server for over a year. I've seen the old team in action, I've seen people be wrongfully punsihed and I've seen powers being abused. 
I have reported staff members several times for abusing powers, some minor abuses, some bigger. I've never seen them being dealt with. Atleast not in the form of a demotion.

I just want to say that everytime I had a question or bug reports that were abuseable and critical, or anything else that I thought the higher ups should know. The only way I could get them to read it, was through Logical, he would talk to me about it and he would read it. If he agreed he'd sent it to them. The demote he got is in my eyes 100% unjust, I couldn't find a slight sign of disrespect towards anyone in his post. I see honesty at a dedicated level and honesty at that level deserve respect, because you rarely find it these days. Though I feel that honestly is what get people banned on the server. If you speak your opinions and express yourself, you'll get either banned or heavily disrespected for it, or in this case for Logical, demoted.

Logical mention people doing mistakes. That's something everyone will do and it can be excused if something is learnt from it, and fixed.

I have been part of an arguement with certain players in the server, and after realizing that it has to be stopped, I've had to contact staff that were online during those arguements, to tell them to stop it. They had no seen the fight cause they were messing around with other people elsewhere. In my opinion, staff members should always have an eye in the chat or atleast most of the time.

Something I see happen is that people, even staff members hold personal grudges and that cloud their judgement.

Truth to be told, staff team and higher ups need to get their Sh*t together and open their eyes to runex reality..

• Like 2

You're well within your rights to make this post and say your peace, but I'd really like to clarify some details that may have had their emphasis removed.

For example, your quote:

Look at those messages sent directly to Ramzi, how much disrespect can you see?  Because all I see is a moderator who has some issues with the staff team and tried to handle it in the most professional and proper manner. 

xbVbFCq.png

GWCVQFn.png

fgnXtCz.png

I don't agree that this was exhibiting a professional and proper manner. While in most situations I'd prefer not to share staff chat conversations, it's necessary to clear up the misrepresentation that we'd demote a staff member solely for disagreeing with us. 

During the luring case, we were open to hearing out your side, and I gave Ramzi's log checks a second look to try and find validity in your assessment. We had then presented logs to explain why we came to our first conclusion, and the new findings that led us to altering it. I respected the fact that you stuck with your opinion and ultimately led the team to finding the truth, and I personally apologized for the way it was handled. Under no point in that situation were you ever even considered for a demotion. 

The route you took with the latest situation was far different. You accused Ramzi of favoritism/bias and reversed his appeal, without waiting to hear Ramzi's side or reasoning. You knew it wasn't right to just reverse an administrator's appeal without authorization, hence saying yourself that you'd probably be demoted. Meshed with the way you were speaking to other staff members during that situation, we found the combined actions to be uncooperative and disrespectful.

If you had come to us about the situation first, Ramzi would have clarified and explained why he made the exceptional appeal. If you made fair points through a proper dialogue, much like the aforementioned luring case, we would would've made any necessary corrections. But handling it like that after we had asked you to directly bring these disagreements to Ramzi without resorting to divisive/argumentative behavior toward other staff (which you had displayed in the screenshots above), we had to make the unfortunate decision of demoting you from the staff team. We can not continue to accept or promote that kind of behavior on the team, and frustration does not excuse those kinds of actions.

Nonetheless, I'd like to end this off on a better note. The good that you've done for the server during your time as a staff member will undoubtedly be remembered and appreciated. You were one of the most proactive staff members that we've had the pleasure to work with, and I'm sure most of the community would agree on that. It's unfortunate that it had to end like this, but I'd like to make it clear that there is no animosity. Hopefully we'll still see you around.

Thanks,
Ryan

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

RIP to an OG. Seems like all the original members are either gone or just fed up; the direction the server is going is pretty sad to see, especially because the problems aren't fundamental problems with the server itself, really just negligence that could be taken care of simply with more attention to the community and their concerns. Good to see there was someone fighting against injustice, I think I've had a few minor spats with you in the past but you've always been professional and a necessary component of the staff team. 

Edited by Primal
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

You're well within your rights to make this post and say your peace, but I'd really like to clarify some details that may have had their emphasis removed.

For example, your quote:

xbVbFCq.png

GWCVQFn.png

fgnXtCz.png

I don't agree that this was exhibiting a professional and proper manner. While in most situations I'd prefer not to share staff chat conversations, it's necessary to clear up the misrepresentation that we'd demote a staff member solely for disagreeing with us. 

During the luring case, we were open to hearing out your side, and I gave Ramzi's log checks a second look to try and find validity in your assessment. We had then presented logs to explain why we came to our first conclusion, and the new findings that led us to altering it. I respected the fact that you stuck with your opinion and ultimately led the team to finding the truth, and I personally apologized for the way it was handled. Under no point in that situation were you ever even considered for a demotion. 

The route you took with the latest situation was far different. You accused Ramzi of favoritism/bias and reversed his appeal, without waiting to hear Ramzi's side or reasoning. You knew it wasn't right to just reverse an administrator's appeal without authorization, hence saying yourself that you'd probably be demoted. Meshed with the way you were speaking to other staff members during that situation, we found the combined actions to be uncooperative and disrespectful.

If you had come to us about the situation first, Ramzi would have clarified and explained why he made the exceptional appeal. If you made fair points through a proper dialogue, much like the aforementioned luring case, we would would've made any necessary corrections. But handling it like that after we had asked you to directly bring these disagreements to Ramzi without resorting to divisive/argumentative behavior toward other staff (which you had displayed in the screenshots above), we had to make the unfortunate decision of demoting you from the staff team. We can not continue to accept or promote that kind of behavior on the team, and frustration does not excuse those kinds of actions.

Nonetheless, I'd like to end this off on a better note. The good that you've done for the server during your time as a staff member will undoubtedly be remembered and appreciated. You were one of the most proactive staff members that we've had the pleasure to work with, and I'm sure most of the community would agree on that. It's unfortunate that it had to end like this, but I'd like to make it clear that there is no animosity. Hopefully we'll still see you around.

Thanks,
Ryan

Thank you for reading and replying to this thread.

To clarify and give some context, all of those screenshots were about the RogueMX discord ban being appealed and accepted. Of coarsed I'd be a little upset after I went to bed with the staff team united in wanting all the discord bans to be lifted and new discord rules/appeals process to be created. But I wake up to only RogueMX being unbanned and suddenly all the support for the other players disappeared.  The ball-less comment, while a little mean, is completely true, all throughout my time as staff and even now, I've witnessed time and time again Staff voicing their opinions to me privately, but when It actually matters, they are silent and become yes men. 

If an administrator tells me one minute that a punishment is not appealable, and then the next minute views and accepts an appeal for the same type of punishment, how else am I meant to take it as. Maybe I could have handled the situation slightly better, but I had to go to work, so i re-banned the player and sent Ramzi a message, because I just either assumed he had forgotten that discord punishments are not appealable or that he was treating this player favourably. 

@Ryan I do have one favour to ask of you. Please look in to the discord bans of Welfare, Batty and Adam, feel free to discord message me and I will fill you in completely. Ask yourself if those are punishments are correct, because I and at that last point all of the staff team agreed that they were unjust punishments. But now that Roguemx is unbanned, I'd wager that none of them have brought these players back up. 

Again, thank you for the reply. 

• Like 3

Sad to see you go.

I havent been around alot lately, but i've been playing Runex for over a year now. I used to think the staff was great, and they took care of complaints and tickets quite well. I dont know, this just shows me another world

I want to write some stuff and put some people in hot water, but ya know I don’t wanna get hit with staff abuse because nothing will happen. Kinda sad to see runex going this way being that I’ve been here since the start almost. 

Logical is hands down one of the best staff members I’ve seen ever in runex. Always dedicated in game also with trying to improve the server for the players. Most active on forums on suggestions plus has the highest post count and rep. Sad to see the best staff members getting pushed out and replaced with ones that have no clue what is going on. I hope that don’t offend anyone, I know runex is now known as snowflake Inc.,  Don’t worry logical the players know you are a legend. 

On 12/15/2018 at 9:03 AM, Lucky Fe said:

Since my first comment was deleted for whothefuckknows reason, I'll post it again but explain

The only thing I got from this post is that you are a selfish prick who coulda been a good staff if you would stop only thinking about yourself. You claim you cared about people but seriously you were only doing stuff that could get you a higher rank. "I was told supermods do this stuff so I did it" or the fact that you claimed you should be community manager(which I would agree on if you got it naturally instead of "flaming" the current CM and claiming that you should be it). Seriously I read the whole post and most of it is just "me me me me".

From what I experienced in-game, Ralph 100% deserved the promotion over anyone(except maybe Raw tho he had times when he was inactive). The only time I remember you being a staff in-game was the autoclicker incident and one time when I had to spam your alt to get you notice someone being racist in help chat.

Deleted my my self, really don’t wanna start the fire again. 

Edited by twitch

On 12/16/2018 at 1:03 AM, Lucky Fe said:

Perhaps you are just dense, but did you miss the part about the community manager comments about how I said I didn't want an in-game rank, didn't want in-game powers, didn't want the rank to be above the other staff, how I just wanted the ability to host and sponsor events. Doesn't exactly seem like a 'me, me, me, me' attitude. 

Also, I didn't do the appeals just because the super moderators did them and I wanted to kiss ass, I did them because the super moderators didn't do them. They were being ignored, left to collect dust, I did them because no-one else really cares about the punished players.

You also have a very odd understanding of what 'flame' is, you'd fit well with the current staff team :^) you should apply. Just don't quit again too early. 

On 12/16/2018 at 1:03 AM, Lucky Fe said:

Do you even play? Never see you. So how can you comment on what logical does ingame if you’re never on when he is? Ever since logical got a staff rank I’ve seen him always he staff ingame without fault. Sure there are times people make mistakes, but overall I was surprised as well to see Ralph promoted to super mod before him. I was expecting both of them to become super mods. Logical always keeps an eye on forums ensuring tickets are done and more. Not only that he keeps an eye ingame when there is usually no staff on at our time zones. 

So maybe before you assume his post was selfish, play more and experience what logical actually does as a staff ingame. No such thing as being a good staff if he stopped thinking about himself, he wouldn’t of stayed staff if he only thought about himself

Edited by Vise

To be honest, It's pretty disgusting that Ramzi would only respond with a few lines when you've literally put in the effort to try and show him what's wrong with RuneX right now. 

@Ramzi As a person, we don't know you. You are not a Community Manager. You're never in-game and users are not able to talk to you. Even your staff team can't talk to you without full engagement (which is evident from this too). 

What happened man? I used to login every night with a group of friends that loved the game & community, now it's run by a bunch of uptight boys that are afraid to put their hand up and make the right decisions.

Edited by Bar